What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got home from a wedding — couple of local friends who were having it out in Michigan, because their families are more local to that area.

Very jealous of one friend’s parents’ place — 10 acres, well, wood, and a nice little garden. Apparently it used to be a Christmas tree farm.

Michigan was nice. I’d never been there before. Still haven’t been to Detroit (we went through Chicago … yeah I’ll pass on the Windy City except as a tourist), but Lansing was pleasant, the weather was perfect, and we had a nice time.

Hope you all have been doing well this past week!

Michigan is pretty in places! @jishinsjourney glad you had a safe trip.
@Magpie I am so sorry about your loss of so many friends so close together. Safe travels to you and hope your pain is relieved.
I can't keep up with everything that is going on here with everyone.
@Bacpacker was today your city trip or is that tomorrow?
I've been trying to keep track of my sister and all in FL. She wishes I wouldn't talk about the weather I think. She can't hear so great on the phone so we text or other messaging. I sure miss my siblings.

I'm back to the grind, putting in new ties at Bailey Yard in North Platte. I'm just about to ready to leave this gang and go to a new one. It isn't what I thought it would be.

Looking forward to a little vacation, going over to the Maquoketa Caves next week with GF and Ruby the dog. Then we plan on going to the Mines of Spain, where Julien Dubuque set up lead mines when Iowa was still a Spanish possession. Should be a nice little 3 day trip. Then when I get back my daughter is coming home from college to spend a little time with me. I don't think I could ask for a better week off.

internet is on and off again , power will probably follow , uggh! How annoying
today I am goign to clean out the 2 water tanks we got delivered yesterday. They had soy oil in it and are food grade. We will put one of them on blocks in the barn for animal water and the other one up at the house in one of the buildings for us if we need it. So our water backup should be ok for at least a week or so now.
My heel hurts again today , started yesterday and I am not sure why. I didn't do much walking yesterday. It's just in one spot on the side of it.
Ok, going to get started now , animals need taking care of

Husband's got a doc appt in town, so I'll be getting him to that. Probably filling a cart at Aldi afterwards. Dave the builder guy should be here in about an hr. Thinking that he's working on the garage windows. There's lots of them and it's a two story. Weather sure feels different this morning, it's in the high 40's out this morning. Little granddaughter has an all day field trip to Wichita today for band, so she's excited. I would hate to be on that bus.

Yesterday we went down and picked up some lumber to finish the roof over the chicken coop porch. Got a 10ft section of 2" pipe, and concrete, to mount the Starlink on. And got feed, dog food, new tire for the log splitter, ammo, and other miscellaneous stuff. It was pretty hot down there, 81 degs, 60 degs when we got home.
Got another load of gravel being delivered today. I'll spread it out where I'm building the new atv, side by side and snowblower parking garage. It'll be 16×20.

Last edited:
Thanks @Patchouli
Finished teaching one of my groups today.It was a push the last few days to go to work; but I took yesterday afternoon away from the pc and made myself stay on the couch watching tv with a load of painkillers. Got briefly excited when I discovered a show called Outlast, where they go and survive in the woods. I lasted about 7 mins before I wanted to choke a few people, so instead found Wyatt Earp and the Cowboy Wars - not sure if @Morgan101 flagged this with me once (its on netflix) but either way I'm a couple of episodes in and love it.
It was very hard to not get up and do something productive though! So I'm about to pack and have an early night for our flight in the morning- stay well everyone, and out of trouble! :)

Just had 12 yards of gravel delivered, just need to spread it out now.
Went up to turn on the water on for the orchard, and were out. Been having problems with the well pump generator. The generator runs good for awhile then it starts running rough then dies. Might call the manufacturer and see if I can get a phone number to a service tech and get someone out to fix it.

Thanks @Patchouli
Finished teaching one of my groups today.It was a push the last few days to go to work; but I took yesterday afternoon away from the pc and made myself stay on the couch watching tv with a load of painkillers. Got briefly excited when I discovered a show called Outlast, where they go and survive in the woods. I lasted about 7 mins before I wanted to choke a few people, so instead found Wyatt Earp and the Cowboy Wars - not sure if @Morgan101 flagged this with me once (its on netflix) but either way I'm a couple of episodes in and love it.
It was very hard to not get up and do something productive though! So I'm about to pack and have an early night for our flight in the morning- stay well everyone, and out of trouble! :)

Glad you are enjoying Wyatt Earp and the Cowboy Wars. It is my favorite period of our history, and I have studied it extensively. From all of my studies it is a very historically accurate portrayal of what actually happened. There were a couple of very minor discrepancies but hardly worth mentioning. Let me know when you have finished, and I will elaborate. You probably already knew, but my avatar is a picture of Morgan Earp, and yes, there is a story.

Latest posts

Back