What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally Friday!!!! This is the last day where I work later than normal for 4 days (giving vaccines). Next week I'll only have to do it one day a week. The other tech that does them will do it the other two days. It's good for her--she gets the extra pay and it's good practice as she's in nursing school.

Dad is doing better with his dental issue. They took tissue for a biopsy and we're still waiting on those results but the pain is less already. There was infection that was exposed during the biopsy. They cleaned that out and he was in a world of hurt on Wednesday night.

I'm glad that your dad is feeling better @Tommyice !
Wife's was last Wed when I had my heart procedure, mine was today.
Happy Birthday Mr and Mrs Bacpacker!

Will walk first.
Work at cafe for 3 hours.
Water roses this evening.
Not much else going on!

Just Now getting down to Breakfast...!!!
1729261052359.png
Back on Grocery Shelves...

got up late, took care of animals now starting on lunch since it takes a while

it did freeze again last night , greenhouse seems to be working, my plants looks ok and I didn't even have the container filled with water.

Today after cooking and dishes, I am going to continue working on clearing out the room. We now have about a million cardboard boxes that need to be gotten rid of

Good news, I priced new zerk fittings. The bushhog manufacturer had 5 in a pkg for $12. Then better news, dad said he thought there was a pto shaft over at the old barn. Said it came off a fertilizer spreader that rusted out years ago.

I went and checked, it was there and it's zerk fittings were identical to the one I needed. It fits and will take grease. Got it soaking, gonna clean it up before installing it. :)

I think you'll be just fine, Supervisor.
Still picking and sorting buckets of tomatoes. I did dig up 3 sweet potato plants, and got a good amount on trays now in the greenhouse to harden off. There's more plants to dig, can't remember how many I planted though. Was either six or eight. No where we have to be today, so I need to wash buckets of tomatoes and put the green ones on flats in the basement. I bet there's at least another 30 bucket fulls to pick. Luckily I don't see anymore freezing temps this coming week, but it will be real soon. Today is in the 70's. Pup is on the grass off the porch soaking up the sun.

Got up, worked out, cleaned up, watched the lady and her daughter head out for the spa, went to the gun range and reduced how much ammo I own, chatted with the old fellas who hang out at the gun shop, bought some new L frame grips for my 686+, did some non-gun related shopping, took Charlene in for a bath and buff, returned home, ran into mega-Karen again just walking down the hallway, she flipped me off, I told her if I was 30 years older we would be together, she barked that she was about the same age as me, I said "Yeah I know, but I wouldn't be interested in you unless I was 30 years older", she flipped me off again as she walked away, I put my gear away, cleaned my guns and grabbed my laptop and a glass of ice tea.

Went out this morning about 6am to get some firewood and noticed another one of my shoes was missing. I think it's the dang fox that's taking our shoes and stuff off the front and back porches. I'm going to have to set a trap for him. I'd sure like to find out where he's taking our stuff to.

I just really hope you find an elf or something with huge feet living in a tree on your property. Maybe he will trade you cookies for shoes.

Went out this morning about 6am to get some firewood and noticed another one of my shoes was missing. I think it's the dang fox that's taking our shoes and stuff off the front and back porches. I'm going to have to set a trap for him. I'd sure like to find out where he's taking our stuff to.
Game camera!!!

Made it through another week of work. Fixing to get real serious about finding a job in Arkansas or Missouri. Never thought I would become a Yankee. Here in Texas I if you move North of the Red River you are considered a Yankee. If Ted Cruz (don't really like him but will vote for him) looses I am gone. Can't live in a purple state.

Gave the wife a goodbye hug as she jets off to Tampa to spend 4 days with daughter.
I'm All Aloooone!! View attachment 165120 :cry:

(well, not including the 2 damcats.:rolleyes:)
I can send more damcats if you get lonely, Lori leaves tomorrow for a week of farm sitting :p

Back