What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We went to a shindig at a local farm. Bigger than I expected. Lots of crafts booths, a corn maze, pumpkin patch, all kinds of homemade treats - but $7 for a 2x4" banana bread, and $20 for a large home made sourdough loaf, had to pass on that, but folks were snapping them up, so guess I'm out of touch. We fed lettuce to a goat. Woot-woot! And that's my day so far. ;) :D

I have to figure the profit margin on banana bread, we make really good bread, with walnuts and Kahlua. For I think about $1 a loaf. Maybe a new business. ;)

Bush hogged the lower pasture down in the bottoms this afternoon, just a few acres. Cut quite a few low hanging tree limbs with the new loppers I bought. Pushed down a dead willow tree and got it pushed out of the way. The bottoms are now done for the year.

Then I cut a couple acres up in the main pasture where the hay rings used to sit. Lady's thumb and perrila had killed all the grass. They had to go!

Watching football now, no plans but dinner and more football.

20241019_140152a.jpg
20241019_140153a.jpg

Hooray, all the upstairs door trim is painted. Little granddaughter had her headphones on while I was painting, she was singing and playing ukelele, didnt realize I could hear her, but it was great being entertained.
Almost time to start cooking dinner, and get some of the cherry tomatoes washed and sorted...green ones downstairs and red and yellow stay up. Picked four buckets of them today. And a bucket of cayenne and habanero.

Latest posts

Back