What's for dinner tonight?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
baked beans on toast tonight, wife has got an upset stomach and has gone to bed so I wanted something quick as I am up and down stairs to check on her. I expect she'll be okay tomorrow, something she ate didn't agree with her.

Branston Baked Beans are a favourite of mine, baked beans on toast are a student and bed sit staple, in fact if you put a fried egg on top its a balanced meal, it has all the elements and vitamins that a human body needs, my wife told me that.

I made some tiny square burgers to imitate Krystal’s, complete with sautéed onions, pickles, mustard and cheese. Oh, and extra grease... also made some baked thick potatoe chips with it. I slice potatoes into thin pieces, coat with olive oil and onion and garlic powder and pepper, a touch of salt and flip once or twice while baking. I like em just a bit crispy. Awesome lunch.

My husband still doesn't have an appetite from being sick. I got shaved Brussels sprouts from a bag at the store and had it with some more rotisserie chicken. Done in 10 minutes... I sure do miss his cooking.
We’re they hairy? Sorry, couldn’t resist....

Last night was boiled chicken and napa cabbage with Hakka orange dipping sauce (my wife is Hakka). The sauce is traditionally made from pureed whole kumquats, peel and all, but if those aren't available you can use Clementines (which we used last night) or some other seedless thin-skinned oranges like satsumas,etc.

I went full on redneck healthy: catfish fillets, hushpuppies, baked potato.....

I’m waiting to drop dead right now, lol
I just saw an infomercial on the nuwave airfryer. “Tastes better than frying”. Yeah right....it’s impossible to beat the good old heart clogging goodness of real fried foods!

Cottage Pie, minced beef with mashed potato on top with a cheese topping, one of my favourite meals.
That sounds really good. It’s cold and dreary here and some comfort food is needed,
I’m going to fry some ground pork up with some shredded cabbage and Raman noodles, With onions, soy and garlic. It’s my fast version homemade lomain.

Lol, just caught a few seconds of it as I was looking for something to watch! Agreed, if your bored enough to watch that crap just go ahead and shoot yourself!
Good. Because I was starting to picture you sitting around watching TV in an old bathrobe with your hair up in curlers and a cigarette hanging out of your mouth.

Lol, just caught a few seconds of it as I was looking for something to watch! Agreed, if your bored enough to watch that crap just go ahead and shoot yourself!

Please use a knife or poison, no more gun deaths to add to the snowflake outcry.

Made some Jambalaya last night. 2 boxes of Zataran's, a couple of chicken breasts (cooked and seasoned with cajun spice), a cajun kielbasa, and a small can of stewed tomatoes, the kind with some diced green chilies (enriches the sauce from the Zataran's), and some diced, caramelized onions.

Yum.

Y'all are making me hungry. All I had for supper was the chicken fajita and enchiladas they served at the work Christmas party. I got there late because I was actually working and then there wasn't much left. I think I'll make chicken soup for tomorrow night.

Latest posts

Back