What's for dinner tonight?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a chicken casserole, no sides but I did pluck several vsrieties of lettuce leaves, arugula, and herbs out of the garden and ate them fresh off the plants while in the garden...nope, didn't wash them first, plucked n ate..I call that a salad....

Chicken livers with sauteed onion, brown rice, added some seasoning and chopped green onions to the rice..meh! Sustenance!

I've got a salad in the fridge, sweet potatoes in the air fryer and these tomahawk on the grill.
Drinking an apple cider while I grill.

Attachments

• 20230408_180133.jpg
    20230408_180133.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Just an FYI for what it's worth, this past week was the 2nd time I have bought meat at WD that was old and had to take it back. I bought a prime rib with intentions of fixing it on Easter. Purchased it Thursday afternoon, pulled it out to season it up Satruday evening and it stunk to high heaven! I ended up throwing a pork butt in the smoker and that's what we had for the main meat dish. turned out good but it wasn't prime rib!

I had thrown my receipt away but thankfully the WD app has history of receipts..I'm having my son take the reciept in today and get money back. It should not have gone bad in that amount of time. I did speak to them about it and they agreed they will refund with the receipt.

Just an FYI for what it's worth, this past week was the 2nd time I have bought meat at WD that was old and had to take it back. I bought a prime rib with intentions of fixing it on Easter. Purchased it Thursday afternoon, pulled it out to season it up Satruday evening and it stunk to high heaven! I ended up throwing a pork butt in the smoker and that's what we had for the main meat dish. turned out good but it wasn't prime rib!

I had thrown my receipt away but thankfully the WD app has history of receipts..I'm having my son take the reciept in today and get money back. It should not have gone bad in that amount of time. I did speak to them about it and they agreed they will refund with the receipt.
That is horrible. My husband stops by our small home owned grocery daily and gets all of their stuff that is about to go of out of date. They cut all of their own and have the best around.

I asked him if he also goes through their garbage.

Larry made bacon (in microwave) and laid out lettuce, tomatoes, n toast for BLT's cause I was working. Im bypassing dinner tonight! Sure wish I had me some crawfish! Crayfish? 😊

Sure wish I had me some crawfish! Crayfish? 😊
I finally figured out the name. It all depends on the context.
When you eat a mess of them they are crawfish.
When you see one by itself in the creek, it's a crawdad.
When you see them crawling from their holes to the water when the river goes down, they are mud bugs.
And when you see them on TV they are crayfish.

I have not done this for years, but I am making Shake n Bake pork chops. Husband is out of town so we can have the breading he can't eat. Also having Mac and cheese which he can't eat either.

Latest posts

Back