What's new where you live?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should have known that... I have a 9mm carbine that is my shortest rifle. Also Like the fact that it also uses the same ammo as my pistol

it is similar to the AR15

upload_2020-3-22_17-20-52.jpeg

If this ****** pandemic or the FEAR associated does what I think it is going to do then I think those who can should be carrying something more useful than a pistol.

I honestly think getting outside is a good thing. Cabin fever is already becoming an issue with less than 2 weeks under my belt. Just use common sense and don’t go in groups or to busy places. Even things like getting gas needs extra precaution too.

Well the traffic here has become pretty well nonexistent. I am glad to say that I am happy to see more locals taking this seriously. Thus far utilities remain the same. Mail continues to run normally but shipping is a little slower I think. Most stores are still open. Grocery stores are pretty bare from all accounts. Still no positive cases in this county but all around us. Tennessee jumped almost 200 cases overnight. Total now 505. Maybe they are just testing more. 21 to 30 age group still remains the hardest hit age group. Test availability seems to be an issue. No hospital on the mountain so for treatment would have to go to neighboring county. 1 urgent care that I am aware of. Isolation has it's own drawbacks. All is quiet on the home front. Just 2 old farts and the dogs, cats and chickens. Good news I am ahead in Poker. Be safe everyone and Godspeed.

Last edited:
Don't forget people, the VAST majority of "GUNFIGHTS" occur in a store, between 2 parked cars, within a household or at a max distance of less than 10 - 15 feet. If your 9mm or .45 is NOT good enough for that, then you need to take a few hundred rds. to the shooting range and re-caliber your shooting techniques. You will not be in Afganistan or Kansasistan or Texasitan. Just in a grab for food, house protection or avoiding a car-jacking. SPEED AND ON TARGET are asked here!!! A .380 auto or a .32 magnum loaded with glaser safety slugs, silver-tips or pellet-noses and on target to head (kill) or legs (cripple) are good enough. I carried a .380 as a backup in WAR. Never felt under-armed...different weapons for different situations. Someone here said he has a slug as the first round in his mag and then hollowpoints. Excellent, a hollow point will sometimes bounce of of a car window, the slug will break or weaken it for the hollowpoint to get through and do the job. A slug will get someones attention without much damage, if they keep going, the hollowpoints will do what they are intended for. Just shoot till movement STOPS, reload and keep covered till the situation is under control tho. Different knives, different ammo, different weapons...GP

I’ve been thinking about open carry here too. In normal times I think it draws unwanted attention but now it might serve as warning.

FFS man times have changed overnight this IS a full blown global disaster YES you should where possible LEGALLY open carry especially if (A) you are shopping (B) you have herds of displaced city slickers getting ever more desparate in your area. You should now be thinking TACTICALLY not SOCIALLY.

I honestly think getting outside is a good thing. Cabin fever is already becoming an issue with less than 2 weeks under my belt. Just use common sense and don’t go in groups or to busy places. Even things like getting gas needs extra precaution too.

Go outside IN PAIRS at least ONE armed and stay away from everyone else.

it's hard to hide an AR15 or a pump shotgun......in the truck yeah out and in stores I still have to go with a pistol

Why hide it? surely the detterant value in these times is priceless ? I;m not criticising BTW genuinely asking??

Don't forget people, the VAST majority of "GUNFIGHTS" occur in a store, between 2 parked cars, within a household or at a max distance of less than 10 - 15 feet. If your 9mm or .45 is NOT good enough for that, then you need to take a few hundred rds. to the shooting range and re-caliber your shooting techniques. You will not be in Afganistan or Kansasistan or Texasitan. Just in a grab for food, house protection or avoiding a car-jacking. SPEED AND ON TARGET are asked here!!! A .380 auto or a .32 magnum loaded with glaser safety slugs, silver-tips or pellet-noses and on target to head (kill) or legs (cripple) are good enough. I carried a .380 as a backup in WAR. Never felt under-armed...different weapons for different situations. Someone here said he has a slug as the first round in his mag and then hollowpoints. Excellent, a hollow point will sometimes bounce of of a car window, the slug will break or weaken it for the hollowpoint to get through and do the job. A slug will get someones attention without much damage, if they keep going, the hollowpoints will do what they are intended for. Just shoot till movement STOPS, reload and keep covered till the situation is under control tho. Different knives, different ammo, different weapons...GP

NO, sorry normally you would be 100% right, but times have changed this is a vicious virus being carried by ever more desparate people you dont want ANYONE getting inside a 25 yard distance to you, its not just bullets you have to avoid its the virus as well.

Why hide it? surely the detterant value in these times is priceless ? I;m not criticising BTW genuinely asking??

the police frown upon the carrying of long guns in public places,,and I don't need unwanted attention

and also while carrying a handgun I can blend in and go unnoticed you will be noticed by everyone if you are carrying a long gun

you dont want ANYONE getting inside a 25 yard distance to you
If you can't hit someone within the 25 m.........then your situation awareness was lacking, your preparedness to draw too low or else they were moving faster than you anticipated. You must be more ready, more aware and act like your are in a war, just like the cops out there in NY/CA/IL.

I have never liked open carry but as things are now,,,,I can understand why people are do it

In some instances I think it’s best...other not. I personally like cc because people look at me...small, blond, female...and assume I’m not capable of defending myself. Having a concealed weapon makes me more likely to do so.

So glad to hear...did you get some MMS/CDS?

Unfortunately, not yet. I ordered the chlorite flakes, but not delivered. Ordered doxycycline since all the azithromycin was all gone. It hasn’t arrived either. I have stocked antibiotics, but no azithromycin and not enough doxycycline. Have lots of keflex, amoxicillin and a few others, but darn it I didn’t get any azithromycin! Kicking myself.

It is looking like that GaR. Our youngest daughter is hanging in there. Not having severe symptoms. Am so very grateful.

We will pray that all will be well with your daughter. We all have started a maintenance protocol here, to prevent any infections or viruses. It also gets your body use to CDS in case you need to up the dosage if anyone actually gets infected convid19 or any other disease.

Latest posts

Back