What's That Smell?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve_In_29

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Anyone else ever changed their deodorant/cologne and spent a week or so looking around to see who is suddenly standing next to you because of the new smell?

I hadn't noticed when I bought it that my regular deodorant was in a slightly different package because it was a new scent.

Yup, that happens to me. My wife buys me deodorant and sometimes she doesn't read the label too well and I get something with a different scent.

Sorry, I can't help you with this one. I haven't changed deodorant in nearly 60 years. I use either a spray can or sometimes a stick, but I have never changed. :dunno:

Sorry, I can't help you with this one. I haven't changed deodorant in nearly 60 years. I use either a spray can or sometimes a stick, but I have never changed. :dunno:
So that explains it : Same Old Schiit...!!! 🤣

Anyone else ever changed their deodorant/cologne and spent a week or so looking around to see who is suddenly standing next to you because of the new smell?

I hadn't noticed when I bought it that my regular deodorant was in a slightly different package because it was a new scent.
I smell like Grandpa and Dad, Old spice. They changed the formula decade or so ago, but it's close.

For as long as I can remember.

mitchum.jpg

If you don't eat food designed for a ruminant stomach you wont need to hide your scent

If you don't eat food designed for a ruminant stomach you wont need to hide your scent
Well, I'm not a big fan of ruminant food, but if I been working outside, the nearby world knows. I shower with Dawn, for greasy smelly ducks :p

Well, I'm not a big fan of ruminant food, but if I been working outside, the nearby world knows. I shower with Dawn, for greasy smelly ducks :p
It is amazing how well that soap works, I use it in a foaming pump bottle for greasy hands , way nicer than hand cleaner

I used to work with a few people men n women who  never wore deordent.

🤢

I'm ok if people are working hard especially outdoors and of course folks get sweaty n funky..
But gah..I hate bo smell when there is no excuse.
I love the manely smells of men's deordent..that mens Ace body wash n spray..
Ooh! Smells so good!
One of my men co workers wears something his wife insists on him wearing ..he always smells awesome..even full of grease. I think he said it was Aspen.
I'm a all the senses are important kinda gal..
Smelling good is a must for myself and when I used to date the boys..
They gotta smell good ..

I used to work with a few people men n women who  never wore deordent.

🤢

I'm ok if people are working hard especially outdoors and of course folks get sweaty n funky..
But gah..I hate bo smell when there is no excuse.
I love the manely smells of men's deordent..that mens Ace body wash n spray..
Ooh! Smells so good!
One of my men co workers wears something his wife insists on him wearing ..he always smells awesome..even full of grease. I think he said it was Aspen.
I'm a all the senses are important kinda gal..
Smelling good is a must for myself and when I used to date the boys..
They gotta smell good ..
It is a lot easier to smell good if one doesn't start smelling like mid summer socks worn for 3 days.

Long ago I was on a statewide trail n fire crew..we got called out to a fire.
We were doing incomplete set up stuff..no fireside but we were the first crew to arrive out in the boonie fiends east of Susanville CA.
Hot , dry setting up camp in some field and no laundry services or the portable showers available because they were on other fires for over a week.
We were all funky. Thankfully I had my own tent.

Long ago I was on a statewide trail n fire crew..we got called out to a fire.
We were doing incomplete set up stuff..no fireside but we were the first crew to arrive out in the boonie fiends east of Susanville CA.
Hot , dry setting up camp in some field and no laundry services or the portable showers available because they were on other fires for over a week.
We were all funky. Thankfully I had my own tent.
Oh yeah and camp food, that stuff is nasty for making a person less than pleasant smelling

Bars in Naples exploited sailors on shore leave. Bar girls would talk to you encouraging them to buy them drinks. I was well aware of that but after 3 months at sea I played along.

So at one point I was liquored up enough to ask;

Why do all Italians smell of body odor?

She came right back and asked;

Why do all Americans smell like flowers?

Ben

Well so everyone over the BO plenty.

I still have some Jade East from the days of the English invasion.

If you don't sweat much and use the right soap you don't need a lot of stink hider.

As we get older we need it more because as you lose your conditioning you do sweat and lose toxins through your sweat more.

I have old spice fresh or sport solid, it does the job since I never get sweaty unless it is humid and I am doing some high cardio pulmonary task.

Bars in Naples exploited sailors on shore leave. Bar girls would talk to you encouraging them to buy them drinks. I was well aware of that but after 3 months at sea I played along.

So at one point I was liquored up enough to ask;

Why do all Italians smell of body odor?

She came right back and asked;

Why do all Americans smell like flowers?

Ben
I'll take the flowers...
Long ago..again..I went on a Mexican 7 day cruise with all my old high school buddies..guys n gals..
In the night club I started dancing with a hot Itilian officer. They were the only staff allowed into the night clubs, otherwise it'd be too crowded with other staff that were off shift.
Anyways, We ended up having a make out session, which is a big no no for them..dancing yes..sneaking gals into their rooms to make out..huge no no.
But I was a bit wild n apparently so was he..
He smelled perdy..
I'm not sure I even knew his name ..haahaa

I'll take the flowers...
Long ago..again..I went on a Mexican 7 day cruise with all my old high school buddies..guys n gals..
In the night club I started dancing with a hot Itilian officer. They were the only staff allowed into the night clubs, otherwise it'd be too crowded with other staff that were off shift.
Anyways, We ended up having a make out session, which is a big no no for them..dancing yes..sneaking gals into their rooms to make out..huge no no.
But I was a bit wild n apparently so was he..
He smelled perdy..
I'm not sure I even knew his name ..haahaa

And this is why you're my relationship coach.

Latest posts

Back