Women and special precautions

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Hj...im gonna have to agree with the guys on this...i really don't think that cutting your hair or trying to look like a man will help...i worry more so for my daughter for the same reason but truly believe that the only thing that would help in that situation would most definitely be a weapon....when people lose their minds it doesn't really matter what u look like....all u can do is be prepared...i guess some type of martial arts is always good to know....but ultimately i know i cant compare my strength to that of a man...n if he really wants to do me or my daughter any harm the only thing that's gonna save us is a bullet...
do u run???like on a regular basis...its good to train n push your body running....rite now it keeps u in shape but u never know when u will have to run in a dangerous situation and for how long...although it seems like an easy enough task...if your not used to running...its not...poor diet, smoking, all these things factor in to how much our bodies r going to cooperate...lol...it comes down to a battle of the fittest....
I am a firm believer in martial arts. I study Shaolin. The advantage of many styles is they are designed so that smaller stature people can handle there own. I have had my 5-4 wife put my 6-2, 220 pound ass on the ground on more than one occasion. Does everything work in every situation, of course not, but it does work. It does make you better equipped.
Shaolin isn't the only game in town, but it is a good one as it doesn't require a lot of power like boxing, or shotokan karate.
aikido is another good one as it uses your opponent's weight and inertia against him. However, it is one of the more difficult ones to learn. This is the same style used by Steven Segal

I am a firm believer in martial arts. I study Shaolin. The advantage of many styles is they are designed so that smaller stature people can handle there own. I have had my 5-4 wife put my 6-2, 220 pound ass on the ground on more than one occasion. Does everything work in every situation, of course not, but it does work. It does make you better equipped.
Shaolin isn't the only game in town, but it is a good one as it doesn't require a lot of power like boxing, or shotokan karate.
aikido is another good one as it uses your opponent's weight and inertia against him. However, it is one of the more difficult ones to learn. This is the same style used by Steven Segal
I have to agree with Clydesdale.

I agree with that also but also takes time to master. Another problem is the pin in her leg. Kicking might not be recogmended.

toe to toe probably not !! but a quick eye poke or you put your finger a inch into his eye socket, I guarantee you will have time to get away. I think you guys are missing the point. You just need to get out of the situation not stand there an fight.

bsflag

Colt is right on. This type of self defense to give you enough time to get away. He's got my vote.

I have a rod that replaced my femur in my right leg, along with pins in my right knee (result of riding in a vehicle with a dumbass as a teen) so I am not sure how well that'd suit me either. Running is also not really an option for me, I can run if I absolutely need to but I try to avoid it at all costs, so I guess I'm going to have to just start packing...heavily.

I think you will be fine as long as u have a gun. God made some people big and some people small but metal made them all equal you need to remember that with a gun you are as powerful as any man out there and if you can protect your self you'll be good I would not let my wife cut her hair off at all and she beautiful
as ford said,, as long as you are armed, as long as you as aware of your surroundings, and are willing to put a "wild animal" down,, you'll be fine. my SO knows to shoot first ,shoot some more and then ask questions after they stop twitching.

Latest posts

Back