YouTube

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I dislike YouTube politics they arent reflected in all the people who post there, I still find helpful content there for sure.

On that note- many folks have none non-woke internet providers? Take patriot mobile for example- people buy their service and think that they aren't contributing to woke companies but the company is just a MVNO and your just paying a middle man to deal with the usual suspects.

Living *completely* detached from people who are politically opposed to you is not possible and attempting to do so is expensive so most aren't going to bother with it because it's just not practical.

Whether you want to or not, you are absolutely in some way giving money to people who oppose your values. Be wary of people who try to sell things to you in the basis that you aren't contributing to the opposition, that's almost always a con.

That's not to say it's not good to support alternative when they do appear, just be aware that those alternatives come at a cost.

This may be true in some aspects, but YouTube is just entertainment. It's not insulin for a diabetic or food for the hungry. And every click is willfully putting money in the bank accounts of people who will use that money against your way of life. Like using Chrome instead of Firefox or Brave or shopping at Walmart/Amazon. I started this thread as a thought provoker. To point out people have the power of choice and the purchasing power to only support those who agree with them. But by default people will almost always take the path of ease and comfort over standing up for their beliefs. In that way on this 3rd of July, perhaps we are a lot less hearty and committed than out forefathers were. Not passing judgment as I'm just as guilty as everyone else. But if like-minded people can force change in a beer company and force the stock of any given woke company to plummet at our will, why can't we band together and force change in a company that just hosts videos?

This may be true in some aspects, but YouTube is just entertainment. It's not insulin for a diabetic or food for the hungry. And every click is willfully putting money in the bank accounts of people who will use that money against your way of life. Like using Chrome instead of Firefox or Brave or shopping at Walmart/Amazon. I started this thread as a thought provoker. To point out people have the power of choice and the purchasing power to only support those who agree with them. But by default people will almost always take the path of ease and comfort over standing up for their beliefs. In that way on this 3rd of July, perhaps we are a lot less hearty and committed than out forefathers were. Not passing judgment as I'm just as guilty as everyone else. But if like-minded people can force change in a beer company and force the stock of any given woke company to plummet at our will, why can't we band together and force change in a company that just hosts videos?

Because I think "we" are too small of a minority to make a meaningful difference in the virtual world. "We" are a fraction of a percent vs. The total number of users online.

I like to think we can use their information to slow their progress- use their platform- learn something that allows you to become more self-reliant and thereby deny the enemy. I do think we can all see where things are headed though 🙁

Because I think "we" are too small of a minority to make a meaningful difference in the virtual world. "We" are a fraction of a percent vs. The total number of users online.

I like to think we can use their information to slow their progress- use their platform- learn something that allows you to become more self-reliant and thereby deny the enemy. I do think we can all see where things are headed though 🙁

I believe the world definitely represents moderates and right of centers as being minorities, but I think in the real world we are more powerful than the state media wants us to believe. When conservatives boycott a company they tend to get hurt, when their opponents do the same stock prices and sales usually go up. That tells me the power of the dollar is on our side.

As far as YouTube goes, what I do know about in life I claim at least semi-pro status. When I have watched related YouTube videos in the past, I quickly realized they are mostly inaccurate and bluster filled garbage produced by posers and parrots. Or worse yet some really good info with a lot of crap and product placement mixed in. Someone with less knowledge will watch those people and be quickly and easily lead astray. Then they will parrot that bad information online and in-person. Sounds a lot like the dumbing down of society works. Produced by a company who wants us to be dumber.

I believe the world definitely represents moderates and right of centers as being minorities, but I think in the real world we are more powerful than the state media wants us to believe. When conservatives boycott a company they tend to get hurt, when their opponents do the same stock prices and sales usually go up. That tells me the power of the dollar is on our side.

As far as YouTube goes, what I do know about in life I claim at least semi-pro status. When I have watched related YouTube videos in the past, I quickly realized they are mostly inaccurate and bluster filled garbage produced by posers and parrots. Or worse yet some really good info with a lot of crap and product placement mixed in. Someone with less knowledge will watch those people and be quickly and easily lead astray. Then they will parrot that bad information online and in-person. Sounds a lot like the dumbing down of society works. Produced by a company who wants us to be dumber.

I fully agree we are much more powerful in the real world. Online though, the game is too easily rigged.

bud light for example got smoked by the boycott, at least until they changed their tune- Online though, dissenting opinions can easily he censored, comments and likes are easily swayed and boosted etc.

I also agree with your points on YouTube, and would also attribute several of those same issues with forums even- luckily folks like yourself can tell the difference.

I think of it like this- the clever mice clean the cheese off the trap. YT mis info isn't a big threat to you or I, there is still some cheese to be found.

Latest posts

Back