Blues Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of interest, Mr. Gregg Allman wrote Dreams I'll Never See. Love that song.
Joe Cocker and Leon Russell came to mind when you said blues/rock.
But I like these guys y'all are posting better. (cough, cough). @Bacpacker you saw Molly Hatchet live? Sweet.
Saw them 3 times before Danny Joe Brown passed away. He actually had to quit the band a few years before that due to severe diabetes. If you watch videos of him performing he is always soaked in sweat.

Loving this thread BTW. Right up my alley. And yep Camper, anything by Skynard fits in here nicely. Ill try and post a couple more later. Gotta go do some stuff right now

Joe Cocker and Leon Russell came to mind when you said blues/rock.

I love them both. Can we go back to Mad Dogs and Englishman? Next to Delta Lady this would be my favorite Joe Cocker Kind of blues. I think Ray Charles did it originally.

I saw Buddy Guy at the Voodoo Lounge a few years back, a local venue that is very intimate. Fantastic show. I was a little surprised at how well he could still sing. I thought his guitar playing would still be stellar, which it was, but he still sounded (voice wise) really good. Typical Buddy Guy concert he walked through the audience, so we were as close as I am to this computer. Quite a thrill.

I have also been blessed to have seen John Lee Hooker and B.B. King live. Both great shows. I'm not sure how many of the old blues musicians are still around.

Y'all aren't posting blues.
Steppenwolf and Skynyrd are not blues. :(
'The Blues' are songs that people in despair sing...

The closeup of his finger-work on the guitar neck shows his incredible skill that can never be duplicated.:)

Latest posts

Back