Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Morning to All that Pass Thru Here...!!! Grab a Bunch 💐 on Your way back Home, I'm Certain there is someone in Your Life that would like/Love a Bouquet...!! ☃️

Came back from eye doctor. I have perfect vision.
That’s incredible!
I'm starting to think Goody's powders, vitamin C, and Lysene can cure anything! powder is great stuff.
Goody’s powder is great stuff.
Hey, update! My foot still hurts and such, but not quite agony now, but my chills, cramps, and stomach ache went away in an hour!
Did you ever get into the doctor or urgent care?

Last edited:
I called Mopar Customer service and Told them the story and said "You need to get someone to tell this shop they need put a NEW, Not rebuilt Turbo on my 20,000 mile Truck and get it ready by Friday so I wont be charging you rental for a commercial grade truck daily, they are not cheap and BTW this thing has been in the shop for recalls and other things just about enough times to Qualify for a LEMON LAW filing, so they need to get it right and I don't need anymore trouble with it AT ALL.

This morning when the shop opened they called and said "Our shop manager finally got to the right person and they said fix it with all new stuff and we will try to get it back to you by tomorrow".

I told her the lemon law thing, also told her to check the entire Turbo system to make sure there was nothing up or down stream that made the turbo go bad and fix it right. Then asked her if they had any available commercial grade trucks for rent.

We will see what comes of it.

LIKE SANDS THROUGH THE HOURGLASS SO ARE THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES!!!!! HEHHEHEHEHEH!!!

Continuing saga >>>>>

What a day....... I hate this week :(
I worked outside a good part of the day
When finally I got back inside
I had a ginger ale ..just did drink few sips
went upstairs did lay on my bed just for a little
Well I did close my eyes and ..woops fell asleep for 2 hours 😵
It never happen to me before
Anyway ..fed the critters and myself..not much not hungry
Still tired ...so
Nite Nite in case I fall asleep again ☺️

Sheesh, for it being like, what 50 YEARS later, not bad on the LZ. Thanks @Ekatarina
Sorry you're feeling bad. I've had a weird week.
Spring is definitely in north central Texas. Beautiful weather...sometimes.
Stupid cold front! Probably nice to everyone else, but come on!! Glad for no hail!

That’s incredible!

Goody’s powder is great stuff.

Did you ever get into the doctor or urgent care?
I'm out of their service area. I am thinking of having one huge survivalist yard sale and moving to ground zero. LOL

Sheesh, for it being like, what 50 YEARS later, not bad on the LZ. Thanks @Ekatarina
Sorry you're feeling bad. I've had a weird week.
Spring is definitely in north central Texas. Beautiful weather...sometimes.
The last 2 weeks have been nuts here- like 🤪

Long day! Hitting the hay, well, don't really want to sleep in Buddy's barn soooo, going to see if there is room in my bed!! Bear and his little cat friend already went that way!🙄🙄🙄 Maybe I can squeeze in on the outer edge!🙄
Put a blanket on the floor then stand in the middle and look over your left shoulder and turn that way 3 times. Now you have a nice little nest to curl up in. 😂

I called Mopar Customer service and Told them the story and said "You need to get someone to tell this shop they need put a NEW, Not rebuilt Turbo on my 20,000 mile Truck and get it ready by Friday so I wont be charging you rental for a commercial grade truck daily, they are not cheap and BTW this thing has been in the shop for recalls and other things just about enough times to Qualify for a LEMON LAW filing, so they need to get it right and I don't need anymore trouble with it AT ALL.

This morning when the shop opened they called and said "Our shop manager finally got to the right person and they said fix it with all new stuff and we will try to get it back to you by tomorrow".

I told her the lemon law thing, also told her to check the entire Turbo system to make sure there was nothing up or down stream that made the turbo go bad and fix it right. Then asked her if they had any available commercial grade trucks for rent.

We will see what comes of it.

LIKE SANDS THROUGH THE HOURGLASS SO ARE THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES!!!!! HEHHEHEHEHEH!!!

Continuing saga >>>>>

A kid I know...20-ish then...40-ish now...that went through the same turbo hassles. What did he do? He took it apart, got the replacement bits...and fixed it. Now? He's got one of the biggest turbo repair shops on The Gold Coast. Yeah...he charges like a wounded bull, now!

If all that is keeping me awake tonight is the sound of a hooty owl 🦉saying who cooks for you, who cooks for you all (the barred owl)...then that will be a good night! I got to see him before it got dark when the robins and other songbirds were freaking out, trying to make him go away. He didn't go far, then flew away, and has now come back.
1713586989083.png
I can hear him even now.
Edit to add: photo from: all about birds dot org

If all that is keeping me awake tonight is the sound of a hooty owl 🦉saying who cooks for you, who cooks for you all (the barred owl)...then that will be a good night! I got to see him before it got dark when the robins and other songbirds were freaking out, trying to make him go away. He didn't go far, then flew away, and has now come back.
View attachment 128480 I can hear him even now.
Edit to add: photo from: all about birds dot org
You won't believe this...but...we have a bird Down Unda called a pheasant coucal...and...no kidding...the big males can be heard booming: fuk....youuuuuuu. Fuk....youuuuuuu...........

That's interesting to hear about. I went looking on YouTube to see if someone had caught that and posted. I only looked at a couple, but this one has some good calls that bird makes. Do you know of any YouTubes that show off that call you mentioned?

https://www.google.com/search?q=phe...ate=ive&vld=cid:29e60e13,vid:S-7OaEAt_U8,st:0
https://mdahlem.net/birds/13/phcoucal.php

Can't find the right sound. Most say what sounds like: "Cuck, ooooo". One big fella that lives nearby goes all the way, plain as day....

Good afternoon All, bit on the cool side this AM and plenty of Wetness...!!! Wind is blowing now, blowing All of that Away and the Sun is trying to peak thru...!! Have a Good One with what's left of it...! ☃️

Not getting up late, just been busy getting stuff done...!!! Was 39f at 2:30AM and went down to 37f just before Sun-up...!! Hope All are having a Good Day with GOD's Blessing...!
☃️

Latest posts

Back