Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody up there hates my guts.
So last night I was able to go fix myself a sandwich for the first time in a week,
I lay down and go back to sleep, during the night my back goes out... W T of F god?!
I don't burn churches, I don't molest kids or rape livestock, hell, I even vote Republican mostly
, and as far as I know, I never murdered anybody, do I look like Job?! do I?! Godz he was an
ugly schmuck then.

Somebody up there hates my guts.
So last night I was able to go fix myself a sandwich for the first time in a week,
I lay down and go back to sleep, during the night my back goes out... W T of F god?!
I don't burn churches, I don't molest kids or rape livestock, hell, I even vote Republican mostly
, and as far as I know, I never murdered anybody, do I look like Job?! do I?! Godz he was an
ugly schmuck then.
Welcome to OLD. stuff just happens when you sleep :p. We all start the day like an old buick warming up :p

Welcome to OLD. stuff just happens when you sleep :p. We all start the day like an old buick warming up :p
I've had this kind of crap since I was born, practically since the day I could walk! I must have been Hitler in a past life.

Fun fact, I can't even drink anymore.

Medicare is next year, I R doomed
I’m on Medicare, as is my Hubby. I think their coverage is actually quite good. I had a total knee replacement last October. The bill from the hospital was $000. But I did have to pay for some of the surgeon, anesthesia. But it was not unreasonable. We have Physicians Mutual as a supplement. Between the two, we get pretty good coverage.

The thing that will take all your money is prescriptions.

Why do we pay people to study the dumbest things and come up with the most obvious conclusions?

https://coloradosun.com/2024/04/19/fighting-wildland-fire-with-beavers-colorado/

Stretches of river that had beaver dams fared better in three fearsome Colorado fires in 2020.

Yeah, well since water doesn't burn, I can see how anything that causes water to pool (beavers included) might be said to "fight wildfires". Geez, beavers cut down trees and cause meadows to flood. Who would have thought???

The thing that will take all your money is prescriptions.
Ours is great on prescriptions :D:
30-day supply = $4.
90-day supply = $12.
But if you want your cataracts removed, you better have your $4,000 ready:rolleyes:. <pun
(Still the best money I have spent in my life. I will have the eyes of an 18y/o until I die. :D)

Last edited:
Got a credit card in mail with 20,000 limit. Problem is I never applied for the card. Called and told them I hadn't applied. They shut down account. Called the three credit reporting companies and put a freeze on credit. Fraud investigator from company called and explained that I am now identify theft victim. Told me to freeze credit and file a report with Federal Trade Commission. Tried to that and FTC website is down. Investigator said AT&T had been comprised, I told her hadn't been with them in 15 years. She said 65 million customers and ex customers had been comprised.

Got a credit card in mail with 20,000 limit. Problem is I never applied for the card. Called and told them I hadn't applied. They shut down account. Called the three credit reporting companies and put a freeze on credit. Fraud investigator from company called and explained that I am now identify theft victim. Told me to freeze credit and file a report with Federal Trade Commission. Tried to that and FTC website is down. Investigator said AT&T had been comprised, I told her hadn't been with them in 15 years. She said 65 million customers and ex customers had been comprised.
How does the fraud work if the card and info is sent to your home address? :dunno:

Fraud investigator said they have had hundreds of fraudulent accounts open in last two weeks, but most don't have any activity yet. Said after they charge something would just change address.
I got a letter today from BOA about the fraudulent charge to one of my CC's (that they immediately caught, shut it down, and sent me a new card).
I watched my statements, they reversed the charge... and they also credited my account the same amount, giving me free money. :D
I caught it, but they didn't, do you think I said anything?:LOL:
I always preach: "Risk somebody else's money, not yours":thumbs:.

Let us know how long that extra money stays in your account. I'll bet not long...
Too late! I already spent it the following month. :)
The fraud problem and repair was in February.

I've had this kind of crap since I was born, practically since the day I could walk! I must have been Hitler in a past life.

Fun fact, I can't even drink anymore.

That’s back when humor was clean. I hadn’t seen that for a hundred years.
(But sorry you’re not feeling well).

Okay. Here’s my rant. I have trouble walking but today I walked up and down two blocks at a city plant sale/craft fair. I bought a Hardy hibiscus, some impatiens and some lavender. My Hubby is gone for the whole day. I come home and I want to get these plants in the ground before it rains. I just couldn’t do it. I don’t have enough balance to step on a spade. The ground was rocky. I just couldn’t get any of this planted. I was so frustrated I wanted to cry.

My brother's ankle is on the mend but he somehow hurt his toe. So he can't do much walking still. He's already having to go back to work though.

Had to order a new freezer since the 22yr old one is dying and won't freeze things anymore. I'm sad about that. It was a good appliance.

Still been tired. Mom's blood sugar has remained high since she got out of the hospital but I've discouraged her from taking too much of the new insulin. Still waiting to hear back on the insulin pump but the doctor at the hospital said he doesn't think it will get approved. He said in all the years he's been a doctor he'd only seen insurance approve of them twice. So Mom has given up on that but I'm not. If it doesn't work out we'll have to adjust her insulin regimen though.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/bison-injures-man-yellowstone-arrest/index.html

It takes a special kind of stupid to kick a bison.

I think his punishment should have been "We'll drop you into the middle of this bison herd by helicopter, and you don't get to leave until you've kicked every single bison." No drawn out trials, no bleeding heart social media rigmarole, and the bison would take care of burial operations.

More fun, my internet is wonking out and a repair guy is coming, and the place looks like it was decorated by raccoons... raccoons on LSD! When is this damn gout going away?

Still limping and cussing like a sailor every time I got to go to the john.
I like dried cherries for gout. I have been known to buy concentrated cherry juice, but that can be hard to find. Fresh cherries are great, in season. If I’m in a real bind a cherry pie could come to my aid. I’m on antibiotics right now, when I finish the wife will have cherry yogurt as kind of a two birds answer.

I like dried cherries for gout. I have been known to buy concentrated cherry juice, but that can be hard to find. Fresh cherries are great, in season. If I’m in a real bind a cherry pie could come to my aid. I’m on antibiotics right now, when I finish the wife will have cherry yogurt as kind of a two birds answer.
You can buy tart cherry tablets! Of course real cherries are so good!

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/apr/24/fast-food-chains-find-way-around-20-minimum-wage-g/

Fast food chains find a way around $20 minimum wage: Get rid of the workers ... In response to recent minimum wage increases in California, fast food restaurants across the state are shifting to automation to get rid of wage-earning humans.

https://issuesinsights.com/2024/05/...minimum-wage-is-already-an-economic-disaster/

Barely A Month Old, California’s $20-Hr. Fast-Food Minimum Wage Is Already An Economic Disaster

U
Yesterday our carbon tax went up. Homeheating oil, gas, fuel etc;and yet there is no carbon tax on aviation fuel. So heating the house costs more than going on holiday.
Ugh! Like we all don't pay enough taxes already. When is this madness going to end?

I'm still working on my outdoor shower. I remove my wallet, that is just too bulky to keep on me while working. Twice yesterday, I needed to run to the local hardware store to buy more supplies, and wouldn't you know, that both times, I forgot my stupid wallet and had to drive home to get it. That made me drive 4 times to the store, which is 8 one way trips. Sometimes I really feel dumb.

Latest posts

Back