Anyone here lives "NEAR" Springfield, Ohio.......??? Is this remotely TRUE...???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
One thing I miss about living in South Florida was all the Caribbean cuisine available.
Jamaican goat patties, Cuban sandwiches, but there was no way I’d ever eat Haitian food.

Looking up some Springfield articles, they are a "sanctuary" city. Said they didn't know there would be thousands of illegals coming in. Had a problem with an illegal driver that wasn't licensed hitting a school bus and injuring kids back in July. Their housing in that town is a mess because lots of it is owned by investment LLC's that came in and bought, and it's pricing people that live there out of rentals. I'm going to guess that the govt is paying the LLC's to rent to the illegals. Interesting that mostly people from Haiti came there, but it seems to be a true problem, going on for awhile.

1725885088431.png

The classic "Wedding Song" keeps playing in my head. The 1970's hit by the Carpenters.

This is HAUNTING lyrics: (Thyme lyrics of thousands of criminal prisoners transported to Amerinca).

And when the evening comes, we smile
So much of life ahead
We'll find a place where there's room to grow
(And yes, we've just begun)
Sharin' horizons that are new to us
Watchin' the signs along the way
Talkin' it over, just the two of us
Workin' together day to day
Together
Together
And when the evening comes, we smile
So much of life ahead
We'll find a place where there's room to grow
And yes, we've just begun

Last edited:
I give that guy credit for going before his town council. But where are other Americans? Why is there no cohesion? Why aren't the town council meetings of every town packed? What's wrong with people?
I live in one of the largest townships in Ohio. On a Trustee Meeting with a regular agenda, there are MAYBE 15-20 live viewers on the video stream, and a like number in attendance.

PEOPLE DON'T CARE, or think the government is working for benefit of the residents. HAH

We are in "The Forth Turning". This period will last for "YEARS", not days or Months. Anyone NOT ready needs to...........

Good people, Just "Think" about this :

"The city of Springfield, Ohio - population 60,000, has been overwhelmed by roughly 20,000 Haitian illegal migrants, who flocked to the city - exacerbating a 'significant housing crisis' according to city officials, and eating pets and wildlife according to locals."

I live in one of the largest townships in Ohio. On a Trustee Meeting with a regular agenda, there are MAYBE 15-20 live viewers on the video stream, and a like number in attendance.

PEOPLE DON'T CARE, or think the government is working for benefit of the residents. HAH
I hear ya. I did talk with one guy one time who ran for local office and won - although I think the corruption is bad. He was able to effect change. Personally, I dislike politics.

Or people think their voice will not matter. It does matter. I’ve seen changes for the better happen when an individual speaks out where I live.
Stories like yours give me hope. There's so much negativity that it's good to hear good stories. We moved to a new area one time and had a terrible time because the road was unpaved. When it rained we couldn't get to our house and had to park and walk a looooong way to get to our house. I organized neighbors and we held a meeting with the mayor. I didn't even talk! I'm on the quiet side and those neighbors EXPLODED on the mayor. That road was paved immediately. So I saw that even shy people can get things done. The problem is that no one likes to take the initiative - I don't know why. I hope that we can all take small steps to improve our local area. I really liked hearing that guy at the meeting take a stand. I personally don't like to take the lead - although at times I have. I would love to support that guy talking at the meeting though. It's really ugly to have people running around your neighborhood eating domestic animals and ducks. My neighbors wouldn't stand for it - but we're all on the older side.

"We must all hang together or surely we will all hang separately."

I still have to read up on that. I hope it's not going to last that long -
Figure 4 to 6 years for the hard core super horrific period. Example: WW-II 1939 through 1945. But I have books that show WW-II did not really end till 1955. Please NOTICE that the (10) Ten years before WW-II were the 1930's which was a sucky ten-year period ("The Great Depression"). But the great depression was a nothing burger compared to the 66 million humans killed or died as a direct result of WW-II.

Figure 4 to 6 years for the hard core super horrific period. Example: WW-II 1939 through 1945. But I have books that show WW-II did not really end till 1955. Please NOTICE that the (10) Ten years before WW-II were the 1930's which was a sucky ten-year period ("The Great Depression"). But the great depression was a nothing burger compared to the 66 million humans killed or died as a direct result of WW-II.
Yes I'm trying to navigate my way through what we're going through as a country. We all know something big is happening. I read a lot but I still feel mainly uninformed. Maybe someone can start a thread on what books they've read and summarize them. I sure hope you're wrong about 4-6 years of horrors but a part of me kind of thinks that you might be right. I mean look at how bad the country has gotten just over our lifetime. Sigh.

In the past five years, @shanrose I can look at the difference between how things were then and how they are now. The biggest difference is the crime, the insanity from the deep state controlling everything and the meddling they are doing in every country or continent, it didn't just "start with covid," but that had a lot to do with it. Control the masses, control the food production, control the education, government, the law enforcement, media, natural resources, the medical world. I know I'm not naming everything.
It didn't used to be like this. It was getting bad, but this is the worst.
But I will not give up hope. All is not lost.

A lot of people call me a doomer, and assume I must be extremely depressed and suicidal. They think I am that because I am constantly encouraging people to get "WELL" Prepared.

Truth is Those who are well prepared, have a more positive outlook, simply because they are well prepared and also, they see (and FEEL) what is coming. It is actually somewhat exhilarating. Like an athlete that trained and prepared for decades to be in a worldclass competition.

Last edited:
Yes I'm trying to navigate my way through what we're going through as a country. We all know something big is happening. I read a lot but I still feel mainly uninformed. Maybe someone can start a thread on what books they've read and summarize them. I sure hope you're wrong about 4-6 years of horrors but a part of me kind of thinks that you might be right. I mean look at how bad the country has gotten just over our lifetime. Sigh.
@Sourdough is simply stating the pattern that has repeated itself over history.

Read the book The Fourth Turning to understand that what is happening now has happened before.

Ben

A lot of people call me a doomer, and assume I must be extremely depressed and suicidal. They think I am that because I am constantly encouraging people to get "WELL" Prepared.

Truth is Those who are well prepared, have a more positive outlook, simply because they are well prepared and also, they see (and FEEL) what is coming. It is actually somewhat exhilarating. Like an athlete that trained and prepared for decades to be in a worldclass competition.
Ditto that.

Ben

In the past five years, @shanrose I can look at the difference between how things were then and how they are now. The biggest difference is the crime, the insanity from the deep state controlling everything and the meddling they are doing in every country or continent, it didn't just "start with covid," but that had a lot to do with it. Control the masses, control the food production, control the education, government, the law enforcement, media, natural resources, the medical world. I know I'm not naming everything.
It didn't used to be like this. It was getting bad, but this is the worst.
I know exactly what you mean. I talked to a guy who knows an old German woman who said that America has become just like Nazi Germany before Hitler took over. I don't know why people can't live and let live.

Last edited:

You said the word "feel" - and I "feel" something is imminent. I've felt it probably for over 6 months to a year (can't remember)

Latest posts

Back