Baby donkey rescue!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pearl

Finder of lost things AND The Boss
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I was on my way home just a little bit ago and got diverted on to the back roads because of a wreck. Nice day for a back road drive! In the distance I saw a car on the side of the road and a person with something (a dog?)! As I got close I saw it was a guy with a baby donkey!! Still a little wet, was born recently! It must have gotten under the pipe fence! So I got out and the guy, who was very nicely dressed and half panicked, asked if I knew anything about these (donkeys)! I said yep, you are in luck!! So I got the little thing over to the fence, it's mom was not happy, neither was it. I told the guy to come stand at it's side and I went to it's other side. I had him put his arms under it while I gently pulled it's legs out from under it, laying it down. Then we slid it under the fence to mom! Mom was a big donkey, the baby was about as big as my German Shepherd. The mom took it away from us and the fence!! I told the guy I was sorry his clothes got dirty. He said he was glad we both happened by at the right time! We didn't exchange names, just shook hands after a job well done!!

ok....i gotta ask....did you go up to him fast and slam on brakes sliding to a stop and then jump out like a cross between daisy duke and ellie may? were you in cut off jeans shorts?

ok....i gotta ask....did you go up to him fast and slam on brakes sliding to a stop and then jump out like a cross between daisy duke and ellie may? were you in cut off jeans shorts?
No!🤣 I did have cut off jean shorts, but longer than Daisy's, I was coming from a job!

No!🤣 I did have cut off jean shorts, but longer than Daisy's, I was coming from a job!
dear diary...today driving down gravel road i stopped to help a newborn donkey and a daisy duke hot readhead came swooping in to take charge of situation and make it happen.

Back