Water front property

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SLADE

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Does water front property have any value going forward?
Does land that has flooded have any value going forward?
I know It's what ever people want but to me it has little worth.
I do have coast property but not at flood level.

southern appalachians are a long way from coast..but yet they got pounded to death the other day.
Many live on the river. Floods happen where I live and the rivers wipe out the old mill towns. Then everyone talks about rebuilding.
Why?
The Towns are now saying no to the buyouts. Floods happen too often.

Last edited:
I don't believe anyone should be responsible to bail anyone out who loses their property for any reason.
Isn't that what insurance is for? I pay a lot. Had my first claim in 40 years of home ownership this year when a tree crushed my building. My premiums over the year are still more than what I had in damage.

As for coastal or other places that get water damage, I could be persuaded to agree to an insurance 1 TIME payout. After that, you're on your own.

I sure hope it's worth a LOT. Just waiting for the "Big One" to hit Cali. I have my boat dock all ready at my future ocean front property in Arizona. We're gonna be rich! ;) :D

Some floods are predictable and you shouldn't build a house where a predictable flood could occur.
Nobody knew this was even possible, let alone predictable.

Isn't that what insurance is for? I pay a lot. Had my first claim in 40 years of home ownership this year when a tree crushed my building. My premiums over the year are still more than what I had in damage.

As for coastal or other places that get water damage, I could be persuaded to agree to an insurance 1 TIME payout. After that, you're on your own.
Insurance is different than the taxpayer being forced to pay for someone else's property.

Reactions: Neb

Latest posts

Back