Beginning Sewing Machine for a 7 year old?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBookworm1957

MoBookworm1957
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
What would you recommend for a 7 year old beginning sewing machine?
I have several Brothers computerized ones,
But I feel this is beyond her capabilities at the moment.
She has asked for several years for a sewing machine(3 years).
I want to get her a very basic machine.
Estelle will be 7 years old on Saturday.

Looking on Amazon, it looks a little advanced, in my opinion.
https://a.co/d/07cpmYdr

This one at walmart looks simpler and is a singer brand.
1719441074380.png
and this one is a brother brand

1719441146407.png

sorry for all the space.

I killed 2 "heavy duty" singers hemming pants. :(. The last machine I bought was a Janome, no computer stuff. It does what I need. It was the only one the sewing shop had that didn't have a computer. I don't recall the model, and naturally it's 41 miles away at the country house.

my first machine was an old Singer 404 slant needle machine. I ran that one into the ground. It belonged to my aunt's stepmother and she gave it to me after she passed. Then I got a Baby Lock mechanical and still have it. It is one tough machine.

I lean towards the Brother @MoBookworm1957 . Baby Lock designs the machines and Brother manufactures them.

Trivia...
I had an old Kenmore (Janome) from the thrift store that I did crafts on for several winters.. I cleaned it up the best I could and ran the dickens out of it.. When it needed a tune up I sent a note saying ...for craft use only, I cleaned it best I could and don't want a lot of money into it... Machine came back with a note saying ...you did well for an amateur.. Keep this well maintained as it is one of the better models available..

Latest posts

Back