• Two New features staring today. - The first will security lock account if user didn't login for two years - The second will warn and security lock account if password found in data breach ( even if user is recently active) .. it will also warn users about weak passwords during registration. The compromised is from a data base list, and not from anything on this forum. If you are logged in all the time, this will not effect you. It only works when logging in.

Concern about missing members

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dades sorry to hear about all the croaking. I hope you get back into the swing of things soon with like minded people. 🙋🏻‍♀️
Used to be so many weddings, that changes over time. I traded my clubs for fishing gear, Teddy Ruxpin and I are happy to sit by the shore.

Last edited:
I Used to be so many weddings, that changes over time. I traded my clubs for fishing gear, Teddy Ruxpin and I are happy to sit by the shore.
Dade you’ve traded your club in for fishing gear enjoying life’s moments from shore. I’m sure that be most relaxing too. I not sure who Teddy Ruxpin be. Maybe you mean your teddy bear 😃You take your teddy with you as well? If so how sweet. I must see a pic of you and teddy bear out fishing together : )

Golf is fun, I used to enjoy a walk in nice scenery. Sadly, my foursome is all croaked but me :(
I've lost several friends in the last few years. I remember when my grandmother lost so many of her friends. She played Canasta and Whist every other Tuesday for years until there were not enough people to even make up a game. She grew up in a family that often had 4 tables of cards on Sundays and often many played evenings and Saturdays.

Dade you’ve traded your club in for fishing gear enjoying life’s moments from shore. I’m sure that be most relaxing too. I not sure who Teddy Ruxpin be. Maybe you mean your teddy bear 😃You take your teddy with you as well? If so how sweet. I must see a pic of you and teddy bear out fishing together : )
Teddy Ruxpin is our Australian Shepard. He is big, fluffy, loves kids :). He HATES raccoons in his yard. Teddy loves to go, and happily sits around while we fish.

1718420981670.png

DO NOT MESS WITH HIS PACK. He and I both take a dim view of messing with our pack.

Lost a lot of friends and family in the past couple of years too buried two in different states the same day but had covid and could not go to eithers wake.

Those we miss here are sometimes in a time and task place that makes them not visit, Time is increasingly precious as we age and it is much harder to make the trips you need to make before there is no reason to go.

I hope when the names go missing for a few days that is the case one of our refugees has not been on in a while and I am going to do a little checking soon.

I've lost several friends in the last few years. I remember when my grandmother lost so many of her friends. She played Canasta and Whist every other Tuesday for years until there were not enough people to even make up a game. She grew up in a family that often had 4 tables of cards on Sundays and often many played evenings and Saturdays.
Same here.

Ben

Lost a lot of friends and family in the past couple of years too buried two in different states the same day but had covid and could not go to eithers wake.

Those we miss here are sometimes in a time and task place that makes them not visit, Time is increasingly precious as we age and it is much harder to make the trips you need to make before there is no reason to go.

I hope when the names go missing for a few days that is the case one of our refugees has not been on in a while and I am going to do a little checking soon.
I believe it was @Weedygarden that recommended we all consider sharing alternative contacts that you trust and can check on you. It is worth repeating for the diaspora of DDP.

Ben

he is gone for the summer on a huge trip for awhile...living the life...per his posts before going.

Cabin Fever hasn't been here since The Merge!
I think that they were planning a trip to Alaska, not real sure when though

Hashbrown has not been on in a while. I hope that they are all well!
He was putting 'likes' on 4 different posts today, just not posting.

He stuck a bunch of 'likes' on posts today, but just hasn't posted.
Okay- might be catching up a bit. I know it’s taken me a couple days and I was only gone 3-4 days. He was gone a week or more. Glad he was at least “around.”

Hi guys, I'm here and doing okay. Been up to my neck in catching up and honey do's. At work I'm having to "formally compete" for the job that I am currently doing, so I'm having to draft a resume, obtain new references, basically the works. The garden is hurting, lost some plants, bugs in others. While I was gone the wife got some free help to remove "weeds" in the garden area, they broke some implements, knocked over half of my tomatoes, and generally annoyed me. The irrigation system isn't operational yet. And the wife has company coming next week so she has lots of "extra's" for me to do. Her health is just good enough for her to start projects (like meals) and then she needs help (in a panic) to finish them...

Oh, I forgot to mention that the out of town son and the wife decided to throw a 40th Anniversary shin-ding at the end of August, the wife keeps forgetting where she is in the process (think of the movie "50 First Dates")....

Other than, I'm good.

Latest posts

Back