Country music lovers

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mom listened to GC a lot when I was little

Most people don't know that Glen Campbell was a sensational guitar player. Before he started his solo career he wa a member of the Wrecking Crew, the LA studio musicians, and even had a short stint with The Beach Boys. Use your imagination. You could call this Western.

Most people don't know that Glen Campbell was a sensational guitar player. Before he started his solo career he wa a member of the Wrecking Crew, the LA studio musicians, and even had a short stint with The Beach Boys. Use your imagination. You could call this Western.

I didn't know this about Glen Campbell! Great song!

I tell people that quite often FOR REAL!!!!
I’ve been known to give people my 2 cents when it’s obviously not wanted, and then say I got a whole quarter… 😁

Once when giving a bar manager a piece of my mind - he was even less amused with that comment. And I’m usually so quiet and shy.
Damn alcohol… gaah

There’s gotta be a related song. It’ll come to me later when I hear it on the radio.

Here's somethin' a lil' different. Ben Atkins and his album -- Patchouli. I've never heard of this guy or his buddies.
🤨

O.K. Country Music lovers, have you ever questioned this? How do you shoot a man in Reno just to watch him die, and end up in prison in California?

Maybe this should go in the Friday Fives thread, but I have always wondered how that lyric survived?

O.K. Country Music lovers, have you ever questioned this? How do you shoot a man in Reno just to watch him die, and end up in prison in California?

Maybe this should go in the Friday Fives thread, but I have always wondered how that lyric survived?
I never gave it much thought because I knew Folsom is where the worst of the worst were sent, and a maximum security prison.

But now you got wondering… 🤔

I did some web searches… found some interesting details, but didn’t find anything about out of State prisoners.

I never gave it much thought because I knew Folsom is where the worst of the worst were sent, and a maximum security prison.

But now you got wondering… 🤔

I did some web searches… found some interesting details, but didn’t find anything about out of State prisoners.

I am not a lawyer by any stretch, but I am pretty sure Murder is a felony, and when a felony is committed it is prosecuted in the state where it is committed. Last time I checked Reno was located in Nevada, and there is not a city or town named Reno in California. Folsom Prison is located in Folsom CA, which is about 20 miles north of Sacramento. Ergo the question.

I grew up in a family where everybody sang, so when I hear a song I focus more on lyrics than I do on music or instruments. Just the way I am wired. When I can't understand lyrics it makes me crazy. The internet has been a blessing in that regard. When you can't understand the singer, you can look it up.

Latest posts

Back