Cryptozoology... ?? Believe it, or Don't ??

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Horton

Old Bush Bear
Neighbor
This should be fun....
Someone has talked about paranormal incidents.. I'm not sure about that.. However I do believe there are things in the woods and waters we don't know about.. And likely would be quite surprised to find out about..

Supposedly..... There is some form of a sasquatch type beast in northern Wisconsin.. Knowing what I do about some of the people in that area, likely one of the locals... (I know, bad joke) But in the far north of the BC Canada coast there is supposed to be both a forest dweller of some kind, as well as a lake dweller they call Ogo Pogo.. I'm not going to discount either of these possibilities..

Many places in North America have a local version of a forest or water ...creature... of one kind or another..

Any legends, stories, experiences in your area ??

https://www.bfro.net/gdb/

Nope. I'd have seen some sign of sasquatch by now if there was any merit to the claims which are all up and down the Appalachian mountains. Businesses certainly don't mind capitalizing on merch and tourist attractions which stoke the fires of people's imaginations. What I have seen signs of are bored, fearful and fanciful folks who want to believe in something interesting and unexplainable... and I've read lots of evidence showing people getting very creative with the taxidermy.

When I lived a bit north of here there was a lady who claimed to see mr. Sasquatch and said it stole her cat... she was a bad hoarder and when she died several cats remains were found in her home.

Frankly the people who really seriously believed in/claimed to see cryptids/aliens have all turned out with 100% consistency to be nutjobs. I don't mean that in a mean way, just stating my personal experience here.

To answer the original question, yes, I believe in cryptozoology. Some may be undiscovered species. Some may be species that were supposed to be extinct. I think there is a TV show hosted by a guy who searches for animals that are supposed to be extinct. IMHO it is fascinating, and I can't get enough of it.

There have been Bigfoot sightings reported in every state except Hawaii. Everybody can't be crazy. Here is our contribution.

https://krocnews.com/sheriff-shares-bone-chilling-bigfoot-encounter-from-near-st-louis/

Back