Cryptozoology... ?? Believe it, or Don't ??

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been Bigfoot sightings reported in every state except Hawaii. Everybody can't be crazy.
I've seen our Sasquatch down here...
He works on the oil rigs.
Nobody can sling them big pipes like him. 😁

Never camp alone in the Pine Barrens. Good stories about the legend of the Jersey Devil.
https://weirdnj.com/stories/jersey-devil/

Maybe that's what Paulie and Christopher were up against in the Barrens! 🤣

Paulie barrens.jpg

I completely believe in this. I saw a 6'2" bearded woman with blue hair, facial piercings, wearing a rainbow skirt and a tube top the other day protesting something. I hoped it would scurry back into the sewer or the mountains but it didn't. I presume it had not consumed enough car exhaust, sugar and hatred to return to it's cave. Scary stuff.

I have never seen anything in the woods/mountains that I could not identify or easily explain, but I have seen some bizarre stuff in the deep waters. Not in person, just photos and videos. I just watched a video about a "helmet jellyfish" that was observed by some deep water science expedition. It was massive and looked like some kind of freaky alien.
🙄🙄🙄

Never camp alone in the Pine Barrens. Good stories about the legend of the Jersey Devil.
https://weirdnj.com/stories/jersey-devil/
When I was a little kid I loved to go exploring in the woods behind our home (few hundred acres)! My Mom would try to tell me to stay out of the woods because of the Jersey Devil!! So baby girl Pearl would go hunting it!! I found many a Monarch Butterfly, assorted small critters, but never found the dang Jersey Devil!! I was really good at sneaking out at three years old!! Kinda surprised I'm here to tell about it!!

I completely believe in this. I saw a 6'2" bearded woman with blue hair, facial piercings, wearing a rainbow skirt and a tube top the other day protesting something. I hoped it would scurry back into the sewer or the mountains but it didn't. I presume it had not consumed enough car exhaust, sugar and hatred to return to it's cave. Scary stuff.
== ==
I saw something like that once.... It was in a Walmart late at night... :eyeballs:

== ==
I saw something like that once.... It was in a Walmart late at night... :eyeballs:
I saw it in Walmart....during the day !!!!😮

When I was a little kid I loved to go exploring in the woods behind our home (few hundred acres)! My Mom would try to tell me to stay out of the woods because of the Jersey Devil!! So baby girl Pearl would go hunting it!! I found many a Monarch Butterfly, assorted small critters, but never found the dang Jersey Devil!! I was really good at sneaking out at three years old!! Kinda surprised I'm here to tell about it!!
Naa, the Jersey Devil is just a tax-collector gone rogue :rolleyes:...
New Jersey has a graduated corporate income tax, with rates ranging from 6.5 percent to 9.0 percent. New Jersey also has a 6.625 percent state sales tax rate and an average combined state and local sales tax rate of 6.60 percent. New Jersey has a 2.08 percent effective property tax rate on owner-occupied housing value.
I heard they can exact great pain.:oops:

The author of this article investigated Pterosaurs and the first pic. The second pic I just threw in. In 2018 however he rescinds his aforesaid support of being genuine due to a BBC broadcast called walking with dinosaurs and seeing a very similar wing shape. It does not sound reasonable to me he would spend 14 years investigating and disproving skeptical claims just to see a familiar shape and say oops, I retract my support. There are people who remember seeing this pic as far back as the 1950's-60's. There is a newspaper story of the Vicksburg monster 1864. Is it a true pic? I can't say it is but I can't say it isn't.

Last edited:
Our Government keeps more secrets from us than we all know. There are "land markers" such as the Kensington stone dating to the 1400's, the lead artifacts of Arizona dating to the 1200's with Knights Templar markings, areas in the U.S. where cliffs are inscribed with the land markers, some markers having been done in Runic. A discovery in one of the eastern states with tiny figurines of various ethnic peoples made of various materials, stone and jade are the two I remember, all never to be heard about again.

Living in the woods of British Columbia I've heard the weird calls, as have so many others, and can't help but believe in sasquatches. This province (British Columbia) is and always has been a recognized hub of activity for them with many thousands of documented reports about them, with new reports continuing to this day. I grew up hearing of common sightings and encounters with them in the northern half of the province and probably 10 times more documented reports originating in the southern half of the province. In the past 100 years alone there have been over 3,000 documented reports which leads me to wonder how many thousands more encounters there have been that have NOT been reported due to the people who had the encounters being afraid of being considered crackpots with no credibility and potentially becoming social outcasts.

There are many First Nations tribes in BC and they all have their own oral history stories and mythologies about their dealings with the crypto-hominids they call Sasquet, Old Grandfathers, Old Cousin of the Woods, Hairy Giant Men.

Where I live now in southern BC, I live about 70 miles away from the hot bed of recognized and accepted sasquatch activity which is Harrison Lake and surrounding mountain territory.

https://www.bcmag.ca/finding-sasqua...bia is a well,village of Harrison Hot Springs.

https://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_county_reports.asp?state=ca-bc

https://www.sasquatchcanada.com/upl...itish_columbia-sasquatch-sighting-reports.pdf

The most humorous story I ever heard of was about numerous encounters that took place in the 1800's in central BC. A sasquatch repeatedly intruded upon a logging camp that was operated by all Norwegian settlers working in the logging industry. The sasquatch would come into camp at night and break into the camp cook's pantry/storage shed and walk off with the cook's big 50 gallon wooden barrels of salted, pickled herrings and barrels of salted, pickled pork.

With regard to the Ogopogo creature that lives in Okanagan Lake, there have been enough reports and enough indistinct photographs taken of a giant "something" strange that lives in the lake that leads me to believe that there is some kind of crypto-creature living there.

Last edited:
Binky.. When I lived in the north I was told there was a lot of references to creatures, land and sea in the totumes of many of the tribes near the coast.. Long history there..
Yes, that's true and it's a very long history that goes back several thousands of years as evidenced by their art works. Many of the creatures featured in their art work, and in the carved totem poles that are erected in their villages are representative of each tribe's spirit beings, sacred objects, ancestors and other things that are spiritually symbolic of the groups of people.

So on Vancouver Island for example the Thunderbird is a highly prominent symbol to see in their native art works, jewelry and carvings because most of the western natives from the coast and extending east to the prairies and north to the Arctic regions believe that the Thunderbird Spirit that protects the land has its dwelling place on a mountain near the north end of that island. Sasquatch, even by its other regional names, is a prominently recognized and accepted figure with all of the First Nations people right across all of Canada but BC has the highest population of sasquatch tribes and the highest numbers of documented sightings and encounters by humans.

It's common to see ancient pictographs that have been carved into stone and wood that feature the Thunderbird, Sasquatch, Bald Eagle, Raven, Frog, Orca, Salmon, Bear, Coyote, Wolf, Cougar, Moose, Caribou, Otter, Beaver and many other known spirit or totem animals AND spirit plants and trees that are depicted in their works. Some of them take higher places of honour than others.

Harrison Hotsprings Village in BC (mentioned in some of the articles I posted above) and all of the parklands and forest land wilderness areas and mountains surrounding Harrison Lake has lots of totem poles and carvings to be found all featuring Sasquatch. Sasquatch is sort of their mascot and the people of all cultures that live there are quite protective of the area and protective of the safety of the tribe of sasquatches that are believed to live in the forest and mountains there.

I don't recall if it was mentioned in any of the above articles but both Sasquatches and the Ogopogo of Okanagan lake are listed in the BC Wildlife Act as legally protected crypto-species in British Columbia. It's true. It's illegal to hunt, harass or disturb them or to take any artifacts found of them. Just like with bald eagles. I don't know if any of the other provinces and territories have listed sasquatch as protected but I imagine some of them do too. :)

Latest posts

Back