What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While we were looking at shoes yesterday.
And no we didn't find any I would wear more than once.
But while we were shopping, I experienced my first manicure, facial.
I am now wearing finger polish with sparkles, and new light makeup.
I think I might like this being treated like woman.
I am definitely not a girly girl cause I like stogies, bourbon, motorcycles.
But once in while it's nice to be treated like a woman.
Instead of one of the guys all the times.

Last edited:
A relaxing day for me today spent 3 hours at the local spring show yesterday walking away with a couple of chocolate show bags on Friday after doing dishes, 1 lot of washing then chook/duck pool refilling i pulled out my 6x4 trailer and begun the arduous task of slipping a normally light weight 400 litre poly tank on to it but in this case its fairly heavy taking into account a 7.5 hp fire pump mounted on top

After some innovative problem solving propped up towbar end of trailer as high as possible then attached one end of my ratchet strap to the pump frame and after a quick tensioning was able to pull it up onto the trailer with ease before attaching tank-pump supply line again along with the 24 mm ozito brand canvas fire hose then did a quick flush of any left over water from the priming port using clean water

I'd normally do the loading up of my slip on in mid November roughly a week before fire season starts but due to my area having below average rainfall from April right through to this month pretty much a non existent winter the emergency management committee that oversees South Australia's natural disaster response in-conjunction with CFS decided to start the Lower South East fire season 3 weeks ahead of schedule so instead of usual start date being 22/11 it will start on the 01/11

While we were looking at shoes yesterday.
And no we didn't find any I would wear more than once.
But while we were shopping, I experienced my first manicure, facial.
I am now wearing finger polish with sparkles, and new light makeup.
I think I might like this being treated like woman.
I am definitely not a girly girl cause I like stogies, bourbon, motorcycles.
But once in while it's nice to be treated like a woman.
Instead of one of the guys all the times.
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxqwFwWrKPMRITWDTPY9SPVZsytwr3O_iT?si=fLH75oCVKLm03Qjb

Rogers and Hamerstien

Ben

Work yesterday was different.

USNR fixed the communication issue with the sorter and my machine...so no more daily 9 hour stairmaster routine up n down to my machine to the sorter then to the trimsaw shack back down to my machine..
It's probably a few miles worth of walking a night plus it's 2 levels high to the sorter n trimsaw shack..then back down to my machine.

But anyway..it took 3 techy folks to fix but it's fixed. I stacked 3 units after cleaning for 2 hours before the maintenance guy shut us all down to help him remove a old carrier chain on our debarker conveyor and put the new one together and on.

These chain links are as wide as my thigh, and about almost a foot long and heavy. I think we put together like 80 feet. They come in like 10 foot rolls, the burlyist guy was enrolling them, me and the edger guys job was to put them together. There is a foot long pin where you link the sections, and after we wrestled them together, we painted where the pin was in the chain. The pins have to get secured somehow so they don't wiggle out the chain.

Anyway, then we used the gradeall boom to lift the chain up to the deck, attached it to the old chain and a operator slowly ran the new chain through while the burly guys ran the old chain out from underneath the deck untill it met up with the end of the new chain. Then we unpinned the old, that's now on the ground from the new..n put the new ends together.
It took 3 guys to lift up the end of the chain enough for me to put the pin in. But we got it done.

Today, I took my gal pal with me to get some supplies in Onterio. We had a nice lunch n I got some things I needed. I had not been down that way since I think March or May..
I might have to go one more time but with the truck next time for bigger stuff..I might just wait till after winter too..

Latest posts

Back