Do You Have Dead Butt Syndrome?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to be able to do that ..sit on a hardfloor..all my weight of my tailbone n just the right angle it thunk/pops n I'm a inch shorter on the floor..
Sit on a hard floor? I can't! Or a hard chair for long either. After I fell down about 12 cement stairs with metal pipes on the edge of them in college, there are many places I cannot sit. I haven't been able to sit in the middle in the back seat of a car normally since. One time I had a ride home from college, about 100 miles away, and I got the middle in the backseat. No one was willing to trade with me and this was close to the time that I had had my fall. I leaned forward, almost folded in half, to relieve the pressure. It was an odd way to sit, but I certainly couldn't sit upright and put the pressure on my tailbone.
I couldn't approach a wooden chair normally for a long time. I could sit halfway on a chair, but with my tailbone not on the chair. All of this has greatly contributed to poor posture.

My butt isn't dead, isn't boney, isn't flabby, isn't crunchy ... it's also not an admirable butt ... basically a flat butt. No woman ever told me she loves my butt!

wow your one of the flat bottom boys? great band. a lot better than being a soggy bottom boy--or a flat bottom pumpkin. those things are scary

Sit on a hard floor? I can't! Or a hard chair for long either. After I fell down about 12 cement stairs with metal pipes on the edge of them in college, there are many places I cannot sit. I haven't been able to sit in the middle in the back seat of a car normally since. One time I had a ride home from college, about 100 miles away, and I got the middle in the backseat. No one was willing to trade with me and this was close to the time that I had had my fall. I leaned forward, almost folded in half, to relieve the pressure. It was an odd way to sit, but I certainly couldn't sit upright and put the pressure on my tailbone.
I couldn't approach a wooden chair normally for a long time. I could sit halfway on a chair, but with my tailbone not on the chair. All of this has greatly contributed to poor posture.
Ouch weedy...

I discovered this butt tailbone cracking move by accident. I really screwed up my butt landing hard taking flying lessons off my mare one too many times..
I used to be able to adjust my butt n hip doing a hard floor sit on the tailbone or doing a ballet spready n everything would move back where it needed to be.

A few years ago I wacked my head hard walking under my incline chains on my machine.felt n heard my neck crack hard as I flailed backwards onto my butt n back in a heap of sawdust.

I thought for a sec I broke my neck..hurt like a MF at first but then I felt a cool tingly rush and it ended up being the best spontaneous chiropractic adjustment I've ever had..

I needa good butt cracking tho..seriously..lol

I haven't been able to yank my hiney back in line for awhile n my right leg gets that swollen throbbin feeling if I sit too long or yank it too hard sideways or push off too hard.
I gotta walk it off so it all don't explode ..

I love those spontaneous adjustments tho..

I really screwed up my butt landing hard taking flying lessons off my mare one too many times..
I wonder how many people have messed up backs and tailbones from things like this.

For me, it was thunking down the stairs, starting at the top and landing hard on each step until I hit the bottom of the stairs. All I could do was just lay there for a while. People walked by and stepped over me until I could get up and pick up my books.

Stairs can be awful. I went down hard on the third to bottom steps in our house, Thumped down the last few and hit my back, too. I had a huge bruise the next few days. After that, I ordered and put down felted stair pads. They work really well, and provide a grip. That, and remember to use the rail and not come down the stairs with both arms full of stuff.

My butt is fine

I wonder how many people have messed up backs and tailbones from things like this.

For me, it was thunking down the stairs, starting at the top and landing hard on each step until I hit the bottom of the stairs. All I could do was just lay there for a while. People walked by and stepped over me until I could get up and pick up my books.

a few years back i took a fall and hurt my tailbone--man, that is some hurting. i tried some cushions, got the ones for pissed off tailbones and it helped but not enough. went to one chiropractor, the type that bends and twists you, it didnt help. went to another chiropractor the ones that use the little 'activator' thing that taps / pops things back where they belong and got fixed the first visit. hes the only guy i go to now. tailbone hurt is a special type of hurt.

That, and remember to use the rail and not come down the stairs with both arms full of stuff.
Denver Public Schools used to put out a safety newsletter each month. One of the newsletters was about stairs and safety. Of course that was decades too late for me. One of the things in that newsletters was about holding onto the railing when on the stairs. When I had my fall, I had a big stack of books, and that is probably why I missed the first step, because I didn't see it because of the books in the way.

isnt it wonderful that we all survived such things in our lives and out butts survived and do not have amnesia. i am slightly curious as to the ratio or percentile average of deb butt amnesia syndrome for libs vs conservs. just going from thjose i know, the ibs appear to have way more bnutt sitting jobs than the conservs. inda like the libs see themselves as the thinkers and planners so therefor sit more, vs the conservs that appear to be more do-ers not all, just average

This topic cracks me up.
I'm laughing so hard I have tears rolling own my face.
I wonder what the next topic will be about.
You think you are?
Every time I look at the thread title, I see: "Do You Have Head Butt Syndrome?". 🤣

Last edited:
Is “Bony Butt Syndrome” a problem?

Asking for a friend.
I was sick for awhile and lost my butt padding. So bony butt is a real problem for me. Sometimes you dont realise where you loose weight till you plop down on the porch step and it hurt. I remember my granddad carrying a seat donut around but think it was for a different reason.

Latest posts

Back