Dogs ...all about dogs only

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My SIL had puppies , Golden Doodle - Standard poodle
1718670314460.png

1719600372741.png

Please don’t rush me when I’m going to the bathroom.​

There’s a reason dogs circle around before getting down to business: We have an instinct to be aligned with the earth’s magnetic field before we poop. In fact, researchers watched 70 of us engage in 1,893 defecations over a two-year period just to figure this out. 🤣

1719600731969.png

"

Hold those clippers!​

No matter how high the mercury climbs or how long my hair is, I don’t need to be shaved. My undercoat actually insulates me from heat, so it helps me stay cool. Just make sure you keep my coat brushed and mat-free to promote good air circulation. Here are 26 secrets pet groomers wish they could tell you." :lightbulb:

1719601470887.png

Don’t wait until I’m six months old to start correcting bad behavior.​

By then, I’ll be used to drinking out of the toilet and chewing shoes. Experts say it’s easier to instill good habits from the beginning than to untrain bad habits.

1719601684549.png

If you let me on the furniture now, while I’m young and cute…​

…I will always think it’s OK, no matter how big I get.

So TRUE...!!!

1719601804590.png

When I bark, jump, and grab the towel off the countertop…​

…I’m not trying to be bad. I’m just bored! I want your attention! Please, get off your smartphone and play with me.

The Same goes with a Cat, 'cepting the Bark part...!!! :lightbulb:

Last edited:
1719601905722.png

If I’m a dog who is scared of thunderstorms or loud noises, get me a snug-fitting Thundershirt.​

Or you can make your own. Wrap an Ace bandage across my chest, cross it over the top of my body and then back under, going over and under until it’s midway down my back, and then secure it. The constant pressure against the middle of my body will help ease my anxiety and calm me down.

1719601949745.png

XXX :

Remember, my digestive system is very different from yours.​

Raisins and grapes can shut down a dog’s kidneys. Other dangerous foods include chocolate, coffee, macadamia nuts, and avocado.

1719602078999.png

Did you hear the hype about grain-free cat and dog food?​

That’s what it is: hype. There’s nothing wrong with feeding me grains. They can actually be an important part of a balanced diet. Before you make any change, talk to your vet.

Need 2 Show Another One :

1719612887663.png

I love to fetch and would like to learn how to catch a flying disc…​

…but those hard plastic Frisbees can hurt my teeth and gums. Instead, look for a soft one at a pet store.

Choose Wisely...!!! Please ?

View attachment 156238

"

Hold those clippers!​

No matter how high the mercury climbs or how long my hair is, I don’t need to be shaved. My undercoat actually insulates me from heat, so it helps me stay cool. Just make sure you keep my coat brushed and mat-free to promote good air circulation. Here are 26 secrets pet groomers wish they could tell you." :lightbulb:
Teddy is an Australian Shepard, double coated. Dr. Swinney, his vet, said brush him, but NEVER shave him.

View attachment 156275

…but those hard plastic Frisbees can hurt my teeth and gums. Instead, look for a soft one at a pet store.

Teddy is a "BALL dog" NO interest in a frisby. BTW, NEVER give him a ball with a squeaker, you will go MAD MAD MAD HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Darkness just fell here on my survival grounds . So I just released my guard dog . No she is not the fluffy , going to the dog parlor type . She is not interested in what she looks like and neither am I . She is bad to the bone , she used to belong to a drug dealer that liked keeping her close in case a drug deal went sideways . That previous owner is now behind bars . Laughing the drug dealer told me about the time a customer became so frightened he jumped through a window pane , He said a trail of blood was left as the poor cut up fellow ran down the street . -- Anyways I take prepping serious and that includes guarding my preperations . -- I once saw that dog running at full speed " and she is fast " jump up into the air and grab a 250 pound billygoat " also running at full adrinilin pumping speed " by the neck and flipp it to the ground with ease .

View attachment 156275

Our dog loved to jump up in the air, pretty high, to catch the tennis ball and whatever, but no, not hard plastic. I don't remember if the vet told us or I saw an article, that also said it was not so good for the dog's hips to jump that high and landing back down on the back legs first, which was what she always did. She is a mixed breed of shepherding types so I thought it would be okay. But after a lot of doing that it did seem like it would be better to not exercise her like that.

I was talking about an ear cleaner good for dogs and cats
I use it ......it does a good job and its safe !!!

Avena Sativa Oat Extract Ear - Cleanser or Wipes​

Avena Sativa All Natural Ear Cleaner is an ear cleaning solution containing Colloidal Oat Extracts. Avena Sativa Wipes are an all natural cleanser ideal for gently soothing and cleaning external ear canals, skin folds and areas with irritated skin. Avena Sativa gently cleans the ears of wax and debris while providing a soothing calm to dry, inflamed and/or irritated ears. With oat extract and ceramides. Alcohol-free. Gentle formulation for cats & dogs.

1719684061081.png

Our dog loved to jump up in the air, pretty high, to catch the tennis ball and whatever, but no, not hard plastic. I don't remember if the vet told us or I saw an article, that also said it was not so good for the dog's hips to jump that high and landing back down on the back legs first, which was what she always did. She is a mixed breed of shepherding types so I thought it would be okay. But after a lot of doing that it did seem like it would be better to not exercise her like that.
My late pit-lab-beagle mix would chase a squirrel and run up the side of the tree, getting waist to chest high, before pushing off and landing back end first. When he was older, 14 year old, he would have trouble standing and eventually couldn’t manage the stairs. Broke my heart to put him down.

IMG_0185.jpeg

Well after Myshia's little sister Kako visited we realized how behind Myshia was. Myshia can't (doesn't) jump on furniture, Kako does, And Myshia also can't (doesn't) use the ramp to get on our bed. Why? Myshia is a little bigger, stronger & even faster than Kako so what's the deal. That thought turned inward on us & we realized that Myshia didn't have to do that stuff because we did it for her. So we started being responsible parents & working with her instead of doing it for her. By the end of the 2nd day Myshia was jumping on our couch, two days later she learned to jump on our bed from the ramp that we have. I found it funny/odd that I didn't coddle my kids so that they didn't learn but I did coddle our young dachshund. But life is a 2 edged sward in that now she can do those things & also now the path of destruction in our house has widened in our house.

A finally comment is that Myshia's new found talents have gone to her head. Yesterday she was in my wife's lap & our Violet wanted up. Myshia growled at Violet. Violet is at least a little more than 2 times Myshia's size & stocky like a little tank. Three Myshia's wouldn't stand a chance in a fight against Violet so she overstepped her self a LOT. Luckily Violet ignored her & just jumped up or it would have come to a very sad ending where stiches might have been needed. I have no idea how we can teach her not to pick a fight with someone that you can't possibly beat. Oh well....

I did adore that boy!
Still in my heart..forever
View attachment 156355
I know exactly what you mean Ekaterina. Porter, the pitty mix, was my little man dog. He was 18 months old when I got him and was his fourth owner. Poor fella had separation anxiety when I’d go out and let’s he just say he was a voracious reader—I had to block off my bookcases because he would rip them to shreds. He was very protective of me—he would sit outside the door when I was in the bathroom or shower.

Latest posts

Back