Easing into Retirement from a financial perspective

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another bonus to that Urban is that I've noticed that people who keep working, even if only part time, tend to look and act younger than they actually are.
All depends on how stressful your job is. I had nightmares about work for many years after retiring. I still have one every now and then, and I retired a decade ago.
It wasn't about people, I worked with a great bunch of people. It was about the things that can go wrong, and when they did, I was the one that had to stand in the breach.

All depends on how stressful your job is.

Totally agree. For me, retirement is doing something to the best of my ability and to make a difference even if it's something much less important than what I used to do. I don't do it for the money, but it's nice to have. It gives me the opportunity to pay it forward and that feels amazing! I work my own schedule so it's easy for me.....my yolk is light.

Wayyyyy back in the day, I worked in a fast food joint. I actually wouldn't mind giving that a go again, but I don't think my back would like those hard floors today. It was easy and it gave me an excuse to put a smile on someone's face. Doing a job like that b/c you want to vs. having to do it for a living are way different animals. The freedom of being able to tell someone to Fart Off if you want to, is liberating. Heck, these days that wouldn't even be enough to get you fired.

Latest posts

Back