Electric Cars

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What really bothers me with these rolling bombs on wheels is our emergency response to wrecks involving elec cars, so far we havent responded to an entrapment situation but i really worry that eventually we will and these things are so dangerous we will lose peoples lives by not being able to get them out!

Of course it is possible to spend $80,000 on a new vehicle, but you don't have to. A new F250 XL Super Duty regular cab starts out at $44,000. If a person wants all the electronic bells and whistles and all the other nonsense, the price goes up from there.
You cN sprnd more than $80k on a mew truck..I'm about to give up on buying a used truck...I cannot get over the costs. Larry totaled our van recently (ran in a huge deep ditch! Cause hes half arsed blind, my Honda accord is sitting, not worth fixing, and then larry had another accident 2 weeks ago in other vehicle (young girl side swiped him in traffic on 1-95 trying to weave her way in lane while he sitting in line of traffic..(Thus the "*******" song).

We'll grt tge other car fixed but need a truck also and no way in H E double L am I even entertaining A new one. I can buy a dang piece of Property for a BOL for the price of a new one and some used ones (in some places)! Unfortunately gotta get there! I've set a budget under $20k..wish me luck! And larry is on restriction!

I haven't bought a used vehicle since 1984, all have been new. Every new vehicle I bought were ordered, never off the lot. That way I can get it spec'd out the way I want it and for less money that what's on the lot. I've had great luck with every new vehicle that I've ever owned. Over the years I've had little to no problem with any vehicle.

You cN sprnd more than $80k on a mew truck..I'm about to give up on buying a used truck...I cannot get over the costs. Larry totaled our van recently (ran in a huge deep ditch! Cause hes half arsed blind, my Honda accord is sitting, not worth fixing, and then larry had another accident 2 weeks ago in other vehicle (young girl side swiped him in traffic on 1-95 trying to weave her way in lane while he sitting in line of traffic..(Thus the "*******" song).

We'll grt tge other car fixed but need a truck also and no way in H E double L am I even entertaining A new one. I can buy a dang piece of Property for a BOL for the price of a new one and some used ones (in some places)! Unfortunately gotta get there! I've set a budget under $20k..wish me luck! And larry is on restriction!

I know you had or having some eye surgery. You are gonna laugh at this one.
Time to give those eyes a rest.

I saw this truck on the road, heading back towards Fremont on Thursday.
Chips hand stacked in the trailer are a light load. Just don’t put a pallet of salsa.
40591B45-0D5A-4892-8ADC-B759D92AD630.jpeg

LOL, we saw one too!
Odd. I have only seen they delivered the first 5 to the town that Ernest and Julio made famous 3 white, 1 Pepsi blue, and 1 Cheeto.
Didn’t know they sent any to your coast.

Guess we gonna have to invest in dog sleds and huskies in winter!!!!
So according to this article, EV owners are supposed to keep their electric cars in a heated building and keep it plugged, all of which use electric. Plus they say don't use the heater while driving and don't expect to drive very far.
Now who in their right mind would buy one of these things? Not everyone lives in Florida or Southern California.

It is largely a symbolic hit at California and New York...none the less, GO WYOMING!

SENATE JOINT RESOLUTION NO. SJ0004

Phasing out new electric vehicle sales by 2035.

https://wyoleg.gov/Legislation/2023/SJ0004

The "Ocean Liner" that sank was the Felicity Ace. It was a car carrier carring Bentleys, Lamborghinis (half a mil each), Porches, Audis, and Volkswagens. They aren't saying what started the fire (we may never know since the evidence is under two miles of ocean). But once the fire started, burning electric car batteries (from Volkswagen ID.4s, and Audi e-trons) made fighting the fire impossible and it burned for nine days before salvage crews could board the ship, and then a couple of days later it sank while they were towing it.
https://www.marinelink.com/news/burnt-car-carrier-felicity-ace-sinks-494679

https://thenewamerican.com/enthusiasm-fading-for-electric-vehicles/The initial enthusiasm was generated by the belief that somehow EVs would save the planet. Governments got on board with the fraud, allowing massive tax credits to be given to purchasers of them to stimulate demand and hasten the transition.
That demand is now causing consternation, especially in California, where the far-Left interventionist governor and his Democratic sycophants in the state’s Legislature have deemed that 100 percent of vehicles sold in the state by 2035 be electric. The only problem, of course, is that making the demand and providing the supply are separate issues. As Ram Rajagopal, a professor at Stanford University, pointed out, a complete transition to electric vehicles in the state would require at least 15 times more charging stations than the 80,000 that presently exist.
And the demand on the state’s existing energy grid would be highly unlikely to be met. For instance, during a heat wave last September, just days after Governor Gavin Newsom announced that his state was going 100 percent “green” by 2035, the California Independent System Operator (which runs the state’s power grid) asked residents owning EVs to avoiding charging them during peak usage hours.
There are other issues as well. As inflation impacts the cost of building EVs, the so-called “cost advantage” of owning one over the traditional internal-combustion vehicle has narrowed to almost zero. An analysis by The Wall Street Journal in December showed that drivers of Tesla’s Model 3 had to pay the same to drive 100 miles as did the owner of a Honda Civic.

The "Ocean Liner" that sank was the Felicity Ace. It was a car carrier carring Bentleys, Lamborghinis (half a mil each), Porches, Audis, and Volkswagens. They aren't saying what started the fire (we may never know since the evidence is under two miles of ocean). But once the fire started, burning electric car batteries (from Volkswagen ID.4s, and Audi e-trons) made fighting the fire impossible and it burned for nine days before salvage crews could board the ship, and then a couple of days later it sank while they were towing it.
https://www.marinelink.com/news/burnt-car-carrier-felicity-ace-sinks-494679
EV cars using lithium batterys are bombs on wheels!!!!

They sure are! Saw where a ship with hundreds of German cars…BMW, Porche, Mercedes and Audi…caught on fire. They could not get the fire out for 7 days because of some cars burning that had lithium ion batteries! After they did get the fire out the ship was being towed back to a port in the Azures, but it sank!

Latest posts

Back