Electric Cars

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use our electric golf cart around our place here and it's normal job requires feed buckets on the back. ;)

Used to have one at our old weekend place with a flatbed on it.
This was outside of Junction Texas in a very remote area.
Loved going out at night and driving the gravel roads up in the hills.
You'd come across all kinds of wildlife since it was quiet,from bobcats,fox,porcupine,ring tail cats,and of course deer.
And it hauled the beer down to the river....

Used to have one at our old weekend place with a flatbed on it.
This was outside of Junction Texas in a very remote area.
Loved going out at night and driving the gravel roads up in the hills.
You'd come across all kinds of wildlife since it was quiet,from bobcats,fox,porcupine,ring tail cats,and of course deer.
And it hauled the beer down to the river....
Ever have the batteries run down AT the river??

When I changed out the battery bank on my solar electric system, I now have a pallet of useless batteries. Not sure what to do with them now. I'll probably just dump them over the hill. I guess it would be pretty expensive to change out the batteries in an electric car too. And disposal could also be a problem.

When I changed out the battery bank on my solar electric system, I now have a pallet of useless batteries. Not sure what to do with them now. I'll probably just dump them over the hill. I guess it would be pretty expensive to change out the batteries in an electric car too. And disposal could also be a problem.

Call places to see who buys them like battery store or auto parts. Next time you go to town, load them in your truck and sell them.

YOU prob have lead acid batterys, the BIG problem with disposing with new elec car batterys are they are LITHIUM and explosive!!!
Sounds like a fun reactive target for the range, LOL.

I actually did shoot one one time, but I guess it was too depleted and didn't do anything.

YOU prob have lead acid batterys, the BIG problem with disposing with new elec car batterys are they are LITHIUM and explosive!!!
Yep. They're all lead acid batteries. My old batteries were Crown. They worked fine, until they didn't. One day I was in the electrical room and one of the batteries blew a hole in the top by the post while I was looking at it.

Yep. They're all lead acid batteries. My old batteries were Crown. They worked fine, until they didn't. One day I was in the electrical room and one of the batteries blew a hole in the top by the post while I was looking at it.
I have seen that happen before, when i was working several of my buildings had really big battery rooms to augment computer back up systems, THEY were all lead acid!

The cargo ship is still burning...they can't put it out.
https://www.dw.com/en/qa-fire-on-board-the-fremantle-highway/a-66385434
66384460_1004.webp

Lithium reacts to moisture and water like sodium and phosprus,
They also "react" to being charged or discharged incorrectly.

Lithiums come with battery managers which monitor charge/discharge rates in order to keep the battery from melting down.

I think many of the accidents are from these circuits failing. But the fires are so intense there is no circuit board left to analyze.

My aunt got "trapped" in her car on a scorching hot day in the Mississippi Delta. Not really trapped but she had to drive the car with the interior electrical system out. Couldn't roll down the electric windows, no AC or vent fan. She had to drive holding the door open to get ventilation.
This was decades ago when we were still in an "impending ice age".
So the forecast for this week for the Delta can't be blamed on "global warming"...it's normal and always been that way.

Belzoni.png

I'll have to look for that next time a Tesla is in the shop.
My wife told me not use that one in hers. Half way on armrest and on the side. Main one is up high around the armrest handle.

Latest posts

Back