Friday Fives

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a little early, but it has been on my mind. I can be early or I can be late!

1. If you had to choose your last meal ever, your favorite meal, what would it be?
2. What states and countries have you lived in?
3. What musical instruments do you play, or have you played? Or do you sing well enough so that others would want to hear you?
4. What languages do you speak?
5. What was your first paying job? How old were you?
1) porterhouse with bake potato, Caesar salad, grilled asparagus, shrimp cocktail as a starter, upside down pineapple cake.
2) South Carolina, USA.
3)no, no
4)Redneck with a Sothern draw.
5) First job was in 1968, when lawn mower would not vacuum up pinecones. I as paid a dollar to run ahead of the lawn mower & pick up pine cones.
I was eight years old, I worked on the farm before that, but my pay as room & board so it does not count. i learned a great deal about plant, tools & skills. I worked with that man part time, even after I had a forty hour job in the 80's, still use many of those skills today.

1) porterhouse with bake potato, Caesar salad, grilled asparagus, shrimp cocktail as a starter, upside down pineapple cake.
2) South Carolina, USA.
3)no, no
4)Redneck with a Sothern draw.
5) First job was in 1968, when lawn mower would not vacuum up pinecones. I as paid a dollar to run ahead of the lawn mower & pick up pine cones.
I was eight years old, I worked on the farm before that, but my pay as room & board so it does not count. i learned a great deal about plant, tools & skills. I worked with that man part time, even after I had a forty hour job in the 80's, still use many of those skills today.
Just in the nick of time! Get ready for Dave's 5AM specials!

June 14th Friday Five:

1. If you have one, what is your “bump in the night/Fox in the henhouse” implement/weapon?
2. What species of bird gets you most excited when you see one?
3. Cat person or Dog Person, or Both?
4. How many states have you visited? (you can count the ones you lived in)
5. Do you garden and preserve/can your harvest?

June 14th Friday Five:

1. If you have one, what is your “bump in the night/Fox in the henhouse” implement/weapon?
1: Our Dog / Keltec PMR-30
2: Hummingbirds
3. Both
4. 29
5. Yes

Last edited:
June 14th Friday Five:

My dog. But my Remington 870 is also close by.
Bald eagle
Both
Yes and yes!

June 14th Friday Five:

1.) Depending on the room it would be 1 of 3: S&W M&P 40 cal, S&W 642, Walther PPK

2.) Pileated Woodpecker

3.) Dog My wife is deathly allergic to cats.

4.) 45

5.) We don't garden ergo no harvest.

June 14th Friday Five:

The Judge/ Kitty Kat/ 44 Black hawk. depends on which is nearest and how big the bump.
Crows. they tell me things.
Cat, a little bit wolf, dogs are creepy.
7 I think.
Not anymore.

Did you know that banging two pieces of steel together calls them? they got so used to all the wars in the Dark Ages it literally became their dinner bell!

1: Dog and a billy-club
2: home fried chicken . . . . errr you probably meant living :p Owls at night (bad luck to see them in the day) or kestrels or ???
3: dogs, cats, bunnies, horses, sheep - yeah pretty much any critter except snakes.
4: 8? I'm a homebody.
5: sure do

June 14th Friday Five:

1. Pistol, baseball bat
2. First would be a Chinese ring neck pheasant, then many other options, because I love to watch birds of most kinds: crows, woodpeckers, hummingbirds, roadrunners, tanagers, bluebirds, more.
3. Dogs!
4. 37 states
5. Yes, garden, preserve

1. If you have one, what is your “bump in the night/Fox in the henhouse” implement/weapon? Dogs, husband, husbands weapons.
2. What species of bird gets you most excited when you see one? I've never seen a kingfisher, I'd like too. And Ravens.
3. Cat person or Dog Person, or Both? Both now
4. How many states have you visited? (you can count the ones you lived in) 13
5. Do you garden and preserve/can your harvest Yes, garden and preserve

Thank you

June 14th Friday Five:

1.) My dogs, Winchester 20 gauge
2.) pileated woodpecker. I’ve seen them once in my property but I can’t seem to get them to come to my suet feeders. I enjoy the crows and throw out dog food kibble for them to eat.
3.) I have both cats and dogs. Love them all.
4.) twenty four
5.) I just grow a couple of tomato plants and eat the tomatoes as they ripen. I mostly plant flowers.

Last edited:
June 14th Friday Five:

1)Glock & knife
2) Red wing Blackbird
3)More dog than Cat
4)twelve in the USA, two out side the USA.
5) yes, fruit & vegetable, also pickle.

Benelli M4 12ga with loaded with No. 4 buckshot

Chic-fil-A

I like most dogs, I hate most cats. Which I think is mutual. Most dogs like me and most cats don't.

If I had to guess, I would say 17-18. I have flown over others or rode through some in a bus that I didn't count.

I tried to make refrigerator pickles once. They were just okay. Now I just go to the farmer's market and buy jars of stuff someone else with more skill and experience than I have produced.

Benelli M4 12ga with loaded with No. 4 buckshot

Chic-fil-A

I like most dogs, I hate most cats. Which I think is mutual. Most dogs like me and most cats don't.

If I had to guess, I would say 17-18. I have flown over others or rode through some in a bus that I didn't count.

I tried to make refrigerator pickles once. They were just okay. Now I just go to the farmer's market and buy jars of stuff someone else with more skill and experience than I have produced.
I love Chick-Fil-A :)

June 14th Friday Five:

A Taurus something something 17+1

Wild turkeys

Neither. Tropical fish. Don't like the smell of cats and dogs either piss on my leg or bite me.

9 or 10

Yup

Ben

A Taurus something something 17+1

Wild turkeys

Neither. Tropical fish. Don't like the smell of cats and dogs either piss on my leg or bite me.

9 or 10

Yup

Ben
I drove the worksite pricks crazy, I had a fishtank on my desk at work.

You cant have that!!
Where does it say that in the site rules?

UHHHHHH

Go AWAY.

Yeah, I was "THAT REDACTED" guy

Last edited:
I drove the worksite pricks crazy, I had a fishtank on my desk at work.

You cant have that!!
Where does it say that in the site rules?
UHHHHHH

Go AWAY.

Yeah, I was "THAT REDACTED" guy
Hee, hee! :D
I haven't made everybody slog thru my answers so they will have to endure a short story....
I made it a habit to celebrate my 2A rights every Friday the 13th and carry.
My thinking was, if I was in a convenience store, and some guy picked Friday the 13th to rob it, he would have bad luck. :)
I had a new boss at work (younger than me) who spotted me and went ballistic (pun).
"You can't do that, it is against the rules!!!" gaah
Little did he know, as a supervisor for years, you could hand me an employee handbook and in 20 minutes, I could quote any important part of it.
I replied: "That's not in the handbook".
66984-NoDeal.gif

He walked back to his office in a huff...
3 weeks later, every employee, in every branch of the company, in 4 states, had to sign a paper saying they had received the 'new' handbook :LOL:.
....Same as the old one, except for Ooooone page.
I felt special.:p

Last edited:
1. Glock 30 (.45acp) for self defense, straight edge hoe for breaking up coon fights with my dog.

2. Birds are cool but don’t really trip my trigger unless in the oven or on the table.

3. Dog person but also like cats.

4. I’ll count 6 States as actually visiting, but traveled through over 20. Vast majority were either on my bike or with a motorhome or camper.

5. Currently no, but gardening and preserving is on my bucket list.

1. Glock 30 (.45acp) for self defense, straight edge hoe for breaking up coon fights with my dog.

2. Birds are cool but don’t really trip my trigger unless in the oven or on the table.

3. Dog person but also like cats.

4. I’ll count 6 States as actually visiting, but traveled through over 20. Vast majority were either on my bike or with a motorhome or camper.

5. Currently no, but gardening and preserving is on my bucket list.
REDACTED by poster.

Last edited:
Back