Friday Fives

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will do this early, so you have something to think about with your Morning coffee.

1. Name a person that you most admire.
Thomas Sowell
2. If you could go bck in time what period or event would you most like to see?
Beethoven conducting his ninth symphony in Vienna
3. What place would you most like to visit?
I don't like to get more than three days away from home on foot, but I'd make an exception for Alaska.
4. What event would you most like to attend?
SpaceX starship launch
5, What was/is your dream car?
Hennessey Venom F5

Thomas Sowell

I don't like to get more than three days away from home on foot, but I'd make an exception for Alaska.

SpaceX starship launch

Hennessey Venom F5

I love Thomas Sowell. Great choice!! :great:

Happy Friday! Here are the Pearl Five: 1) What do you wear to bed? 2)What is your biggest pet peeve? 3) If you could be any age, forever, what would it be? 4) If you could go back and give your teenage self one piece of advice, what would you tell you? 5) If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?

Happy Friday! Here are the Pearl Five: 1) What do you wear to bed? 2)What is your biggest pet peeve? 3) If you could be any age, forever, what would it be? 4) If you could go back and give your teenage self one piece of advice, what would you tell you? 5) If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
1 as little as possible.
2 D wife messing with temperate in room
3 twenty-five years old (but with all that I know now, do not want to be that dumb forever)
4 listen more, talk less & save all your money, invest more in hard strong companies like Coke & 3M.
5 old

How about when you can feel their breath on your neck? I was in a grocery store line and had a cart. Man came up so close I could feel his breath. When the line in front of me moved, I walked around to the front of my cart to give myself some space. He decided to follow me around. That is when I spoke up and said, "I came to the front of my cart so that I could have some space from you and feeling your breath on my neck." "Oh."
I've got a cure for that. Just turn quickly like your looking for something, after extending your elbows. Nail em good and they'll think twice about doing it again. Bonus points if your shorter and connect in a more strategic area.
All you gotta say is Sorry, I didn't realize anyone was THAT close to me.

We will do this early, so you have something to think about with your Morning coffee.

I will wait for some responses before I give my answers.

Alas, the question of what LadyLocust wears to bed at night will have to remain one of the great mysteries of the universe; right up there with Why do tornadoes always hit trailer parks, and Why do Kamikazee pilots wear helmets?
1 L.E. Josey
2 1800 AD
3 Tuscany, Italy
4 Woodstock
5 pick up truck

How about when you can feel their breath on your neck? I was in a grocery store line and had a cart. Man came up so close I could feel his breath. When the line in front of me moved, I walked around to the front of my cart to give myself some space. He decided to follow me around. That is when I spoke up and said, "I came to the front of my cart so that I could have some space from you and feeling your breath on my neck." "Oh."
DW is always telling me I am to close, but II would never stand that close.
If a person stepped back, they would bump or rub up against you.
My luck I would get arrested for touching people.
I already get looks sometimes, because I watch small children at stairs & on the sidewalk near the street.
I fear they are going to get hurt while their parent are talking & not watching them.

Thank you Morgan!

1. Name a person that you most admire. My son
2. If you could go back in time what period or event would you most like to see? The Wild West
3. What place would you most like to visit? More of Alaska
4. What event would you most like to attend? Woodstock
5, What was/is your dream car? More into bikes! But I like the land rover or a vintage muscle car.

1714842791160.png

I've got a cure for that. Just turn quickly like your looking for something, after extending your elbows. Nail em good and they'll think twice about doing it again. Bonus points if your shorter and connect in a more strategic area.
All you gotta say is Sorry, I didn't realize anyone was THAT close to me.
Cough!!

1. We're supposed to get dressed? Not much.
2. Dirty sink
3. 38
4. Don't drink alcohol.
5. Undaunted.

1. Can't stretch myself that far
2. Maybe the 1800s
3. Sourdough's little patch of heaven
4. None
5. I once had a modified Suzuki 4 x4.

A horse replaced the engine part. I had wipers for rain and an electric blanket for heat in winter. A neighbor I did chores for, bought and kept a battery charged for me. A real, poor man's four wheeler.

Jesus, but I’d also say my dad, he’s done a lot
2. If you could go back in time what period or event would you most like to see?
Signing of the Declaration of Independence
Been to most of the places folks have listed, so I just look forward to retiring and staying home
Someday (way in the future) my children’s wedding (if I like the ones they’ve chosen)
Either my 66 Mustang or the 59 Impala

Most admire: my friend Shirley who has passed and my aunt.
Time: early 1800s or 1870s.
Place: Ireland or Swiss/Italian border where my family was from.
Event: 🤔 the first Easter? I love history but more of the uneventful things like sitting on the porch snapping beans with my gma and aunt sorta events.
Rig: ‘69 Chevy shortbox stepside
I thought of an event- two actually: a Jenny Lind concert (there are no recordings of her) or Midsummer’s Night Eve w/ Shakespeare himself managing the show.

Thomas Sowellknow

SpaceX starship launch

Hennessey Venom F5
wow, lol, we have totally nothing in common, I don't even what most of your answers are LOL, who is Thomas Sowellknow? And what is a Venom 5 ?

Last edited:

I will wait for some responses before I give my answers.

Alas, the question of what LadyLocust wears to bed at night will have to remain one of the great mysteries of the universe; right up there with Why do tornadoes always hit trailer parks, and Why do Kamikazee pilots wear helmets?
1. General George Patton
2.Civil War- Battle of New Orleans
3.Arlington- Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
4.The Fall of Berlin Wall
5. 1955 Chevy 4 on the floor.(Candy Apple Red) Walnut bed, walnut hub caps, black interior. Sweet truck.

1. General George Patton
2.Civil War- Battle of New Orleans
3.Arlington- Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
4.The Fall of Berlin Wall
5. 1955 Chevy 4 on the floor.(Candy Apple Red) Walnut bed, walnut hub caps, black interior. Sweet truck.
Number 3 is very sobering in good weather. In fowl weather it’s incredible!

Yo, isn't that for tomorrow? I have the questions ready mostly. After midnight my time I'll probably post them since I'll be pretty busy tomorrow morning, if that's okay. Otherwise, it would be tomorrow evening because I'm leaving work early for grandson's piano recital.
Plus I have to contemplate who will be the next grand inquisitor. 🪄 🎩

Yo, isn't that for tomorrow? I have the questions ready mostly. After midnight my time I'll probably post them since I'll be pretty busy tomorrow morning, if that's okay. Otherwise, it would be tomorrow evening because I'm leaving work early for grandson's piano recital.
Plus I have to contemplate who will be the next grand inquisitor. 🪄 🎩
Friday is Friday, post whenever!! Lots of pressure for outstanding questions!! 🫣😉😃

Not waiting.
Heheh. These are essay questions.
1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
2. What was one of your most awesome experiences in your whole life?
3. What is one of the kindest things anyone has ever done for you?
4. Let’s pretend you have been chosen to be in the White House cabinet under a president and vice president whom you agree with. You can choose any office you want. What would you choose?
5. What are your two favorite games and or sports? One could be a board game and another a physical sport.

Last edited:
Not waiting.
4. Let’s pretend you have been chosen to be in the White House cabinet under a president and vice president whom you agree with. You can choose any office you want. What would you choose?
5. What are your two favorite games and or sports? One could be a board game and another a physical sport.
1. Army-Military Police
2. Giving birth to my sons.
3. What you guys did several years ago. I thank you to this day.
4. Homeland Security- Border Patrol
5. Playing Red Rover with my grandchildren, MahJong/Sudoku

1. What did you want to be when you grew up? Still trying to decide, seems my destiny is a giant pain in the Butt :p

2. What was one of your most awesome experiences in your whole life? When Lori and I found each other, and got married, it has been an amazing journey.

3. What is one of the kindest things anyone has ever done for you? There are so many it's hard to pick just one. Sometimes it's just a message in a dark hour., or a hug when you really need one.

4. Let’s pretend you have been chosen to be in the White House cabinet under a president and vice president whom you agree with. You can choose any office you want. What would you choose? I would absolutely be horrid at any position, I am not very diplomatic. Bombers launched, we are at DEFON 1.

5. What are your two favorite games and or sports? One could be a board game and another a physical sport. Oddly enough, Checkers, and 5 meter airgun pistol matches.

Not waiting.
An adult. I'm still waiting.

More seriously, growing up I wanted to be a fireman, a doctor, a police man, etc. In high school, I just wanted to enjoy my work (I saw so many adults who hated their jobs) and make enough money to house, clothe and feed myself and my family. I nailed that part. When I was 12, I got a TRS-80 Model I computer and found I was good at programming it and enjoyed the heck out of it. This kind of work is both my avocation and vocation today.
The birth of my son.
The loving guidance my parents and some teachers provided when I was young and stupid.
That's a tough one. Maybe Director of National Intelligence?
To watch? College basketball and football. To play? Nethack (it's an ancient rogue-like computer game) and shooting. Either two- or three-gun matches or just plinking.

Back