Friday Fives

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@amish @hashbrown @Lenny and I are going to start a gang, but instead of Harley's we are all going to drive Dodge muscle cars and run electric vehicles off the road.
Yep, I'm in.
Yesterday when I was at the amish grocery, the young amish girl running the register asked if that was my Challenger. Ha Ha. I told her it was, and she said she LOVED my car. I told her that I love skidding it out on the dirt roads here, and she cracked up.

Let

T = total estimated weight of building in lbs
N = number of carriers.
W = median weight carrying capacity of carriers in lbs.

Then

N= T/W

Add a safety margin.

:rolleyes:

Ben
Naa, there's an easier way...
You just count the legs and divide by 2! :p
hw28ayy5jzwa1.jpg

How many "whacks" does it take to take down an old silo? Or how many people whacking? Got to be a formula for that, too. I've seen it done on youtube. We have three silos. One of my cousins says he wants one, so I told him I'd put his name (Jay Yoder) on a sticky note on one and he can come pick it up.

I am done for the day so I will type them up now since after I have to go take care of animals and then probably go to bed early since I am baking tomorrow ( meaning get up really early)

So here they are :

1. in honor of the day tomorrow, are you superstitious? Doesn't have to be about Friday the 13, but anything

2. what was the last book you finished reading ? ( name and author)

3. Do you have a best friend other than SO?

4. What is your biggest fear other than losing a loved one?

5. how much weight can you lift ( now not when younger) approximately?
1. No..I can't think of anything superstitious that I believe at the moment

2. Still reading it when I get a moment

3.i don't have a SO..I do have 2 besties from High school that I'm still close with. And one bestie gal pal here that I hang out with her and her hubby occasionally. I get very little time to myself aside from work so I'm definitely not one who needs alot of in person daily interaction.

4. ? I don't know really , im not in love with anyone and people die so being fearful about the fact that people we know will die seems like weird to stress about to me. There are some things I don't want to happen so I take measures to see that I am forewarned or ready as much as possible for..so I do what I can and otherwise **** happens..i deal with it.

5. I never really cared to know how much I could lift..it was either I could or couldn't.

Attachments

• 20240916_044932.jpg
    20240916_044932.jpg
    656.7 KB · Views: 0
1. No..I can't think of anything superstitious that I believe at the moment

2. Still reading it when I get a moment

3.i don't have a SO..I do have 2 besties from High school that I'm still close with. And one bestie gal pal here that I hang out with her and her hubby occasionally. I get very little time to myself aside from work so I'm definitely not one who needs alot of in person daily interaction.

4. ? I don't know really , im not in love with anyone and people die so being fearful about the fact that people we know will die seems like weird to stress about to me. There are some things I don't want to happen so I take measures to see that I am forewarned or ready as much as possible for..so I do what I can and otherwise **** happens..i deal with it.

5. I never really cared to know how much I could lift..it was either I could or couldn't.
Got those answers in just in time, lol!!😃

I am done for the day so I will type them up now since after I have to go take care of animals and then probably go to bed early since I am baking tomorrow ( meaning get up really early)

So here they are :

1. in honor of the day tomorrow, are you superstitious? Doesn't have to be about Friday the 13, but anything

2. what was the last book you finished reading ? ( name and author)

3. Do you have a best friend other than SO?

4. What is your biggest fear other than losing a loved one?

5. how much weight can you lift ( now not when younger) approximately?
1)Do not believe in ghost, vampires, werewolves or bad luck, Satan gets way to much credit for the dumb thing men do.
2)Southern Gardener's Book of list, by Lois Trigg Chaplin
Example: Perennials that attract Hummingbirds.
3)Yes.
4) was not have money for retirement, now dying before I spent all that money.
5) Last time I lifted a large amount it was fifty pounds, I work out with twenty pound weights to firm up.

Latest posts

Back