Gas oven temp wont adjust - any tips?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think what I might do, is discuss it with her. That's probably the best idea.
I was going to recommend that. Keeping your rent low is all well and good, but burning the place down trying to self-fix something from the 50's or 60's that uses gas is playing with fire - literally - IMHO. I imagine parts for something that old are going to be near impossible to find. I would also expect potentially corroded fittings - things probably aren't going to unscrew easily to do repairs in the gas service to the oven (which it doesn't sound like you need to do right now, but I'm just covering all the bases).

If you're like us, our large sized air fryer has mostly replaced our oven. So much faster and more convenient. So you might consider buying one of those as an alternate if you don't cook large things like turkeys, pies and cakes, and such. You can get some fairly large counter top convection ovens too. You might even be able to keep your rent at a lower level if your landlord knows you are living there with appliances that don't work. They may feel bad about charging you more for a substandard place. This might be a viable path, if you don't really need the oven that much and can get by with an air fryer or counter top toaster oven.

Latest posts

Back