Humor Check

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1331.JPG

My favorite irony was in Florida, right before every hurricane. All the so called normal people would be scrambling to find groceries, plywood, generators, etc. most paid huge premiums for stuff that was normally common, that is if they could find any of it. Being a prepper, I was pretty calm through the ordeal. I even made money as a contractor selling the services of boarding up places along the coast, using the plywood I always had on hand.

I guess a boring day for the jihadas in either case someone overshot the target ;)

Ah, what fun, tossing terrorists! I saw where gitmo costs 7million per prisoner yearly. I bet I could make a large sling shot for just a few hundred.....

Makes me think of a doomsday novel I read as a kid. They built a burm around a nuke plant to lessen the impact on people's view. They just had to close in the access road to protect it when a comet hit and flooded the plain it was located in. I think it was lucifers hammer. I may look that up again. One good thing about getting old is you can reread a book and it's just like reading it for the first time!

Makes me think of a doomsday novel I read as a kid. They built a burm around a nuke plant to lessen the impact on people's view. They just had to close in the access road to protect it when a comet hit and flooded the plain it was located in. I think it was lucifers hammer. I may look that up again. One good thing about getting old is you can reread a book and it's just like reading it for the first time!

Lucifers Hammer

Now I'm jelous, so where is the spot where they go for the salt?
It's been years since I read that, but I believe it was closer to the ocean towards Jacksonville. I don't remember the name of the spot meaning anything to me at the time. Honestly, I don't remember ever seeing open salt deposits anywhere either. I grew up playing on that River and the springs that fed it. I even canoed 100 miles to the ocean on it. Great place for a boy to be.

my mom had gotten that from a church member of the church she's a member of..now what is this world coming to? lol 9003014-emoticon-zipping-his-mouth.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back