In Memory of our Friends who are No Longer With Us

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grizzlyette was active, not just here, but on several forums. She hasn't been seen anywhere since the pandemic. She was a wealth of knowledge. It seems that no one knew her given name.

My question to everyone: How will we know when you are gone?

Grizz was the one who recommended this site to me. I miss her a lot. How about Phideaux/Jim and Sentry. They were both great contributors, and both probably forgot more about guns than I will ever know. Hope they are doing O.K.

Grizz was the one who recommended this site to me. I miss her a lot. How about Phideaux/Jim and Sentry. They were both great contributors, and both probably forgot more about guns than I will ever know. Hope they are doing O.K.
Phideaux is still around. He is on Facebook. I see him comment on Hashbrown's posts there. In fact, just this past week he commented that he (Hashbrown) and wife were Beauty and the Beast.

Last edited:
CoSunflower was ill, the last time I talked to her on the phone.
Someone was trying forceable take her homestead too.
Her sons sold her homestead and they were moving her closer to them.
The number I have no longer works.
CoSunflower and I have been member on several forums in the past.
She and I were quilting buddies.

Last edited:
I saw her on other forums as well. She may have had a blog, too.

I had an envelope with her name and mailing address. I have no idea what happened to that. She had a daughter, someplace. She had very serious eye issues, at the time she disappeared. She was 64 y/o (maybe 65 y/o) when she vanished. I think she has passed (either naturally or otherly). She was to close too many of us, even if she totally dropped off all internet forums, she would have continued in contact with those she trusted. She was deeply committed to her religious beliefs. She was a very-very special lady. I will always love her.

Last edited:
I will tell a cute story about Grizzly-girl. I had found a new prepping/survival forum, and after I joined. I got her to join. She joined one day and was banned the next day. Simply because in her introduction she said that I referred her. They banned her as soon as she posted her introduction, simply for knowing me.

Another story about Grizzly-girl. There was a totally dead forum (Survival Magazine). Grizzly-girl busted her butt to bring it back to life. The owner of that forum had disappeared more than a year earlier. We did everything to find him and failed. All the moderator's had quit, so there was just us members, and no Administrator or Moderators. So, the forum owner checks-in and banned Grizzly-girl.

@Morgan101 or @elkhound
Either of you remember the name of the next (prepping/survival forum from HELL, with the insane owner) we migrated too.....???

Last edited:
My question to everyone: How will we know when you are gone?
I have a folder on my computer desktop named "In the event of my death". It has instructions of how to log into forums I frequent so my wife or other family could make an announcement.

However, I am reconsidering this. For members like me especially, who sometimes post against the grain and are not universally liked, I am not sure I want to subject my wife to the potential for hurtful reply posts like "good riddance". It's kind of a tough decision. I would want to know when online friends and acquaintances have died, and there are some people who may want to know about me, but not all. Once you're gone, it's the surviving family announcer that will be reading response posts, not the forum member. Their comfort and peace should be considered when thinking about requesting a forum announcement or not. Any parting shots taken in a reply to that announcement will hit the family member, not the deceased forum member.

I have a folder on my computer desktop named "In the event of my death". It has instructions of how to log into forums I frequent so my wife or other family could make an announcement.

However, I am reconsidering this. For members like me especially, who sometimes post against the grain and are not universally liked, I am not sure I want to subject my wife to the potential for hurtful reply posts like "good riddance". It's kind of a tough decision. I would want to know when online friends and acquaintances have died, and there are some people who may want to know about me, but not all. Once you're gone, it's the surviving family announcer that will be reading response posts, not the forum member. Their comfort and peace should be considered when thinking about requesting a forum announcement or not. Any parting shots taken in a reply to that announcement will hit the family member, not the deceased forum member.
I think any of us could be in that spot that someone is glad that we are gone. I know there are people that I do not like, but I tend to pass by them and their comments.

I am glad that a certain older woman is gone. I did my best to stay away from her. If it wasn't me she was after, it was someone else. We could have had a party when she was finally banned. But I wouldn't have been deliberately mean to her or anyone. I just didn't want any part of her or her flying monkeys (and she had them!).

There was a "PACK" of us who roamed around prepping and survival forums. Maybe 15 of us, possible more, but not more than twenty. Grizzly-girl was the unofficial leader of the "pack". She did masterful leadership. We all loved and respected her.

Another story about Grizzly-girl. There was a totally dead forum (Survival Magazine). Grizzly-girl busted her butt to bring it back to life. The owner of that forum had disappeared more than a year earlier. We did everything to find him and failed. All the moderator's had quit, so there was just us members, and no Administrator or Moderators. So, the forum owner checks-in and banned Grizzly-girl.

@Morgan101 or @elkhound
Either of you remember the name of the next (prepping/survival forum from HELL, with the insane owner) we migrated too.....???
yep...banned her because we wanted to buy it and was out on the internet it was for sale for $10k.

i was thinking owner was gone several years..ike close to 3...probably wrong i slept since then...lol

oh and the next place we had sorta hopes on the owner got all mad because we pointed out there was something wrong with forum and it was pulling everyone computers down like it was mining data or some such stuff....we were trying to make it better and wanted to partner with him some how and thats when he said yall dont have to invite me to a pm conversation i can read all pm's.....that done it for me right there and then for that place.

i had sent her seeds back in the day. she had that house chicken way back....lol

oh and the next place we had sorta hopes on the owner got all mad because we pointed out there was something wrong with forum and it was pulling everyone computers down like it was mining data or some such stuff....we were trying to make it better and wanted to partner with him some how and thats when he said yall dont have to invite me to a pm conversation i can read all pm's.....that done it for me right there and then for that place.
I think he banned me first. He kept with the story that he was in school and could not afford to fix things. There are so many unmanaged forums. "Wilderness Survival" forum, has been two years trying to find the owner. Even the Moderators can't log-into the forum.

You know H, even if you aren't liked by everyone, I can't imagine anyone here being disrespectful to your wife and believe if that did indeed happen, that person would be given the boot.

thats when he said yall dont have to invite me to a pm conversation i can read all pm's
That's why your PM's should look like this:

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----

jA0ECQMCz0eRIfSsLUn/0sB2ATZfUobgnvOEF7xwV1L81Q7EqjFHZkedbQchl51h
Kl08Jn8MR2K+CYNUvth9bvXcNvpqdhrgpZ4YESUHuWXxYivrwapgln53vNlB1na8
PrqgcQqEwp4Dx8mRPKxAZbYdJwpCShlnd8ota7y5AiAvBQvxUTf4kCP9MLlgEYFY
vlrLrQUuUZOTi6uXlCMryXnfKOaEToD/awkV+asbvcbcaxqO9zaoc+A==
=kI2h
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

Of course, if you did that in front of forum owners like the one you're talking about, using any encryption in the first place would probably get you banned.

The "Pack" of us, all ended up here on HCL sometime in early 2018. Like a bunch of starving wolves, just looking for a safe valley. @Swing made a special valley for us.

I think he banned me first. He kept with the story that he was in school and could not afford to fix things. There are so many unmanaged forums. "Wilderness Survival" forum, has been two years trying to find the owner. Even the Moderators can't log-into the forum.
i am telling you a bunch of folks have died off.

theres a member here...no i wont say who...he was a member at old forum and joined here but didnt post..well he died earlier this year. no one on here but me knew who he really was...and he stopped posting long ago too.

lost two friends already this year ages 70 and 73...the 70 year old woman i miss more than anything...miss her daily.

The "Pack" of us, all ended up here on HCL sometime in early 2018.
yea i joined in 2017 when swing made the place but really didnt post till the 'pack' migrated here.

i am telling you a bunch of folks have died off.

theres a member here...no i wont say who...he was a member at old forum and joined here but didnt post..well he died earlier this year. no one on here but me knew who he really was...and he stopped posting long ago too.

lost two friends already this year ages 70 and 73...the 70 year old woman i miss more than anything...miss her daily.
It is really sad that so many are dying in their 70s. That's not very old.

It is really sad that so many are dying in their 70s. That's not very old.
yep....its why i am drawing my ss at 62...that means only draw it 8 years if i had been her.

@Morgan101 or @elkhound

Was it Survivalforum.com? I can't find it. The only thing I can remember was the background was all black and most of the lettering was white. Members could change the color of the print on their posts.

Lonewolf might remember. I think he was a member there also.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back