Jakes CJ7 build

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that Jeep is starting to look good! I take it you're saving the hard top in case ya need it? But if it's what I think it is, that "bikini top" will look heller cool and it'll also be stylin' for summer... :cool:

I'm thinking Jake is gonna score some hot dates with this rig, lol... 😁

Wow, that Jeep is starting to look good! I take it you're saving the hard top in case ya need it? But if it's what I think it is, that "bikini top" will look heller cool and it'll also be stylin' for summer... :cool:

I'm thinking Jake is gonna score some hot dates with this rig, lol... 😁
Bikini top and rail should arrive next week. 😉

New seats came today, we pulled the old seats and painted the frames. We are going to let them dry over night and install tomorrow. Digging around in my jeep junk I found a nice horn button we needed. I ordered a floor mat that will cover most of the floor. From my experience Jeeps are miserable in the summer without something on the floor.

We put the new seats in this morning, made a big difference! We are going to bolt the console in next.

2D3C294A-B69C-4C0C-9C81-E0812B726E6A.jpeg
3951BF04-F7C8-4F4F-ABCA-7346E1369758.jpeg
BEE87B6A-BF46-4A4C-BA5C-68EF85EC72D6.jpeg
C3E88D3F-289A-4B65-8148-F1427A44E4D1.jpeg

Bucket seats? What happened to the split bench seat? How is he going to fit that second babe up front. What.. she is going to ride in back with the muddy Labrador retrievers?

Okay, Jake is only old enough to get a learners permit. Will you be going out with him on those dates he gets with this hot car?
You haven’t seen the cars at the high school parking lot! It’s unfreaking believable! There’s Teslas, new Jeeps anything you can imagine. Maybe it will help him attract a good country girl.

You haven’t seen the cars at the high school parking lot! It’s unfreaking believable! There’s Teslas, new Jeeps anything you can imagine. Maybe it will help him attract a good country girl.
He'll have his pick of the smart ones.

Thinking about your mention of dual pipes on a straight six banger, I always loved that sound, takes me back to the 50's and 60's when guys hopped up their Chevies that had six cylinder engine in them, sometimes guys got ahold of military or big truck 302 cu. in. sixes and put tri-power on them with split exhaust, they were pretty fast for their day.

Thinking about your mention of dual pipes on a straight six banger, I always loved that sound, takes me back to the 50's and 60's when guys hopped up their Chevies that had six cylinder engine in them, sometimes guys got ahold of military or big truck 302 cu. in. sixes and put tri-power on them with split exhaust, they were pretty fast for their day.
I had never put a split header and dual exhaust on a 6 cylinder but have been shocked on how good it sounds!

Today the new visors came and we went to Springfield and met with a car builder I know. He builds a few Jeeps a year and had a truck load of nice leftover cj7 parts from his builds he wanted Jake to have. With the storms we have had today I haven’t had time to unload the trailer to really see what we have to work with, but a lot of nice spares.

1DB618B7-A9DC-4859-98F6-DDC279EE54EA.jpeg

I got the new seat belts put in today, what a pain in the a$$! I broke a ratchet with a cheater bar trying to get the bolts out of the floor. I ended up drilling in new bolts and moving the locations a little. I installed the new visors, they were about an inch shorter so more drilling. Then put in the new Rugged Ridge floor liners. I figured it would be an easy afternoon turned into work. With Jake out of town Alexandra and I took his Jeep out on the town and went to dinner. 😁

5A60FA0F-1FDD-46AB-8205-8EB8EAD9CE19.jpeg
F3078E7B-DF95-4B9D-BF16-83B92EB44260.jpeg

I got the new seat belts put in today, what a pain in the a$$! I broke a ratchet with a cheater bar trying to get the bolts out of the floor. I ended up drilling in new bolts and moving the locations a little. I installed the new visors, they were about an inch shorter so more drilling. Then put in the new Rugged Ridge floor liners. I figured it would be an easy afternoon turned into work. With Jake out of town Alexandra and I took his Jeep out on the town and went to dinner. 😁

View attachment 107398View attachment 107399
We won't tell 😉😃😃😃

Are you sure that's Jake's Jeep? Lol... no harm in 'test driving' it for "safety purposes." ;)

Actually, it's good to "run in" a new project or restomod, once the work is done... and even while the work continues. :rolleyes:

Let's ya "dial it in" just the way ya want it... :cool:

Back