Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fun2.jpg

Kristi Noem, the famously anti-LGBTQ+ governor of South Dakota and Republican rising star, has written about killing a dog and a goat in her new book, No Going Back: The Truth on What’s Wrong With Politics and How We Move America Forward.

Noem, who’s been mentioned as a potential vice-presidential pick for Donald Trump, “offers readers a mixture of autobiography, policy prescriptions and political invective aimed at Democrats and other enemies,” according to The Guardian, which obtained an advance copy of the book. It will go on sale May 7.

Noem once had a hunting dog named Cricket, a wirehair pointer with an “aggressive personality,” the politician wrote. When Cricket was about 14 months old, Noem took the dog along on a pheasant hunt that included older dogs, thinking their presence would help Cricket calm down. But the young dog ran wild and disrupted the hunt, then killed many of a neighbor’s chickens on the way home.

“I realized I had to put her down,” Noem wrote, saying she hated Cricket. She took Cricket to a gravel pit and shot her to death. Shortly thereafter, she did the same to a “nasty and mean” male goat her family had owned.

A wonderful book to kill a dog

And I'd beat her senseless for killing the poor dog and goat.
First I've heard of the goat.

The dog came to Noem after another family had gotten rid of it because it was too dangerous for them to handle. Noem reportedly tried to rehabilitate it by turning it into a hunting dog. But it killed the neighbors chickens and attacked Noem. She had small children. As much as I like dogs, I think I would have done the same. You don't put an animals life before your childrens lives. Nor do you pawn off a animal that two families had rejected for dangerous behavior to a third unsuspecting family. Unfortunately, not all animals are good, although most are. When it comes right down to it, I think human life should be held above animal life, even if it means an animal has to be put down in rare instances.

Latest posts

Back