Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1641874912036.png

Once when I was young and impetuous I grabbed my desktop computer, keyboard, mouse, monitor and all and threw it out of the door onto a the cement. I can tell you is was exactly as satisfying as you might think.

Once when I was young and impetuous I grabbed my desktop computer, keyboard, mouse, monitor and all and threw it out of the door onto a the cement. I can tell you is was exactly as satisfying as you might think.
I threw a client's vacuum out their front door once😯!

Been a time or two "Tipping" was way too gentle for what I had in mind

As a man who traveled almost constantly for business, and ate out 90% of the timed... I learned my way around restaurants. Most problems are kitchen related. Once and only once was I complelled to put a penny tip on a credit card... (Her boss has to go through those receipts first).

Yeah, the other kids were always throwing spears at me.

It wasn't that awesome.

Figuring speed and trajectory is usually fun but not when the object is coming at you!

Anyone remember a late night tv show "An Evening at the Improve"? Came on in the early 90's. There was a very good comedian who had a short bit about kids throwing a ball at him that was hilarious...

f wreak.jpg

As a man who traveled almost constantly for business, and ate out 90% of the timed... I learned my way around restaurants. Most problems are kitchen related. Once and only once was I complelled to put a penny tip on a credit card... (Her boss has to go through those receipts first).

Many years ago at Tony Roma's in Las Vegas we had a pathetic waiter. The restaurant wasn't busy and we were seated right away but it took 20 minutes and three requests to others who told me they would send over our waiter to finally get a glass of water. Drinks were slow to arrive and diet when we never order diet. Eventually takes the order but we knew what we were gonna order before we walked in the door. Food was slow and not hot, no refills for the drinks. When the bill came the waiter was suddenly friendly and talkative. I paid with cash, left two pennies for a tip, and had a good talk with the manager on the way out.

I am willing to tip, and if the server is good they get a good tip over 20%, but if the server is pathetic there is little or no reward. Especially if they keep chatting with other guests while ignoring my table. It isn't hard, I expect refills and a reasonable bit of attention.

Yeah, I had friends go out for my daughter collage graduation party. It was dutch, but a lot of people showed up, so I tipped the server over 40%. This was to cover any shortages in the whole party, everything was great. I gave her a$100.00 bill & went on with my dinner. She came back, to tell me, she had not forgot my change, that the manger would have to make change for her. I told her to keep the change, because there where a lot of people in our group.
She said you going to make me cry. I always wondered if the staff in that small town every got a good tip.
I do not go out to eat if I can not afford to tip, most of the time they earn the tip, if not then they do not get a tip.
I can not remember the last time I had bad server, some times the music is to loud or the customers are loud, but not the server fault.

Figuring speed and trajectory is usually fun but not when the object is coming at you!

Anyone remember a late night tv show "An Evening at the Improve"? Came on in the early 90's. There was a very good comedian who had a short bit about kids throwing a ball at him that was hilarious...

View attachment 78425
When I die I hope I die quietly like grandpa,
Not screaming like the passengers in his car.

…. She came back, to tell me, she had not forgot my change, that the manger would have to make change for her. I told her to keep the change, because there where a lot of people in our group. She said you going to make me cry…

I was a terrible tipper until my children worked their way thought college on tips. Time for me to pay back. It was just before Christmas a few years back. Waitress looked like she had worked a double shift. She didn’t look at me when I gave her cash for the bill and told her to keep the change. In short order she came back to tell me I had made a mistake. No I didn’t, Merry Christmas!” She took a half step towards me like she was going to give me hug!

Children never like working the Sunday shifts. Church folks gave at church and felt like that equaled no tip for eating out. Sunday’s I double what I’d tip during the week.

I've always tipped well. One thing I have noticed though, the "lower end" the place, the harder the wait staff seems to work. You go to the fancy places, and many times the wait staff is terrible, despite appearing to have nothing much to do overall. I think tipping based on the meal price is wrong. I'd rather give the higher tip to the frazzled but working hard wait person who managed to deliver a $5.99 "senior special" breakfast and took care of the table well. Why should the snooty wait person who delivered the same single plate of food, but instead was a $50 steak, get a higher tip just because a steak costs more than an egg?

I expect to be greeted, served my drink in advance of the meal, order taken and delivered, and at least one follow check to see if I need anything else. Oh yeah, they need to deliver the check too and take payment.

Those basic functions do not change between an IHOP and a Ruth's Chris Steak House, but boy, the expected tip sure does. And the IHOP person invariably does a better job than the Steak House person does (in my experience).

My BIL was a terrible tipper. He figured a $2 tip was good no matter how much the bill was.
I took him, his wife and my wife to a nice seafood restaurant. I paid the bill and he left the tip. The bill was over $300 and he left his usual $2.
I gave the waitress $60 on the way out.
My cousin hates to tip. He says nobody ever gave him a tip for doing his job. He was a cement finisher. I always make up for him.

I would prefer no expected tipping for a "normal" dining experience. Pay the wait staff a reasonable wage in the first place, including that cost in the price of the meal. I hate to say it, but waiting tables is not skilled labor. Anyone could do it with minimal training. Five minutes or so - and that's mostly just familiarizing yourself with where the kitchen is, and where the restrooms are (in case the customers ask). Thus, I would consider this job to be in the $12 per hour range (and that doesn't change if you're serving that senior breakfast or the $50 steak dinner). Only for above and beyond outstanding service would we tip.

And other help, like hotel bellhops, forget the tip. I've been dragging my bags up and down stairs to the car, through the airport, balancing three on top of each other while pulling out my boarding pass and photo ID, slinging them into overhead bins with a bunch of other sardines trying to do the same thing at the same time, pulling them off rotating carousels - I don't really need YOU to drag the stupid things the final 50 feet to my hotel room.

I bartended in college at several places - a pizza bar with a Hawaiian theme, a nice sit down restaurant bar & grill, a small town hell raising tavern, and a country music nightclub. All those gigs paid $5/hr when minimum wage was $4.75, plus tips. The jobs wouldn't have been worth it without the tips. I'm not a huge tipper but I try to be around 20% for food, and I usually throw a buck for every drink at a bar. I appreciate how much bartending sucks...

He says nobody ever gave him a tip for doing his job. He was a cement finisher. I always make up for him.
It's weird. I busted my butt doing hard work for people for 35 years, got a cash tip only twice.
For a perspective, a single visit from me for a hard job was typically $600-$1200.
The guys at the ice cream factory was the exception.
They had it figured out!:thumbs:
When you finished work, anything you could carry off in one arm-load was your tip. :D
(you can't carry near as much as you think:confused:)
But they knew it greatly affected my ink pen when I was filling in the description on the work order (which would later become 'the bill').
You think you could carry ice cream in your arms 'worth' $600?
I did... by the time I finished filling out the workorder. $300 in parts became lost inventory on my truck.
One $96 hour of hard labor magically became my lunch hour.
Another hour glommed onto another customer's job that treats me like 💩.
All us guys had ice cream at the shop for a week.:woo hoo:

Latest posts

Back