Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not really big on the nuclear oven. I use it to heat up water for bread making and for popcorn, that is about it.

For me, it somehow changes the texture of stuff, especially meat. Changes the structure of the popcorn too, but it is popcorn so who cares as long as it is fast and hot.

Things might ‘taste’ the same but certainly lose ‘mouth feel’ or ‘texture’ when nuked. I prefer to just toss stuff in a pan, hit it with some flame, stir it a bit and call it good.

Quite possibly it is all in my head. Folks certainly question what I got going on up there at times 😊

Mom and Dad got one in… the late 1970’s I believe. I was still in High School anyway so before 1975. I was heating up leftovers and put some butter on the peas. The butter did not melt until the peas got hot enough to melt it. Same with the mashed potatoes. They got real hot, but the butter did not melt until I pulled it out and it sat for a minute. That made me question the whole nuclear over process and I never had one until I moved in with my sister a few years ago. That is when I found out it made the texture of stuff different.

1695555036212.png

Microwaves are good enough for heating some things - e.g., leftover spaghetti (with noodles and sauce already mixed together). A slice of cheery pie that you are going to put ice cream on. Things like that. Actually trying to cook (not simply reheating) in one is pretty much always a giant disappointment for me. Meat almost never comes out well at all. I will eat a cold slab of leftover steak out of the refrigerator before I'll put it in a microwave. An air fryer is the best reheating tool in my arsenal of kitchen devices. Our microwave is used far less now that we have the air fryer. I will still do smaller frozen vegetables in the microwave (corn kernels, peas, vege mixes) - those come out OK.

I am not really big on the nuclear oven. I use it to heat up water for bread making and for popcorn, that is about it.

For me, it somehow changes the texture of stuff, especially meat. Changes the structure of the popcorn too, but it is popcorn so who cares as long as it is fast and hot.

Things might ‘taste’ the same but certainly lose ‘mouth feel’ or ‘texture’ when nuked. I prefer to just toss stuff in a pan, hit it with some flame, stir it a bit and call it good.

Quite possibly it is all in my head. Folks certainly question what I got going on up there at times 😊

Mom and Dad got one in… the late 1970’s I believe. I was still in High School anyway so before 1975. I was heating up leftovers and put some butter on the peas. The butter did not melt until the peas got hot enough to melt it. Same with the mashed potatoes. They got real hot, but the butter did not melt until I pulled it out and it sat for a minute. That made me question the whole nuclear over process and I never had one until I moved in with my sister a few years ago. That is when I found out it made the texture of stuff different.

View attachment 116581
Microwave ovens use microwave energy with a wave length that is tuned to the natural resonance of water molecules.

They heat the water molecules.

Food with a large portion if water work best.

Food with less water not so much.

Popcorn has water in the kennels that boil and the steam makes them pop.

Butter has less water so not so good.

Ben

I never heard of any goths protesting. they like to be alone and dreary. If you see more than one in 1000 square yards of each other, it's mating season!

What the hell would they protest for anyway? the right to look depressed and angry?

Latest posts

Back