Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never heard of any goths protesting. they like to be alone and dreary. If you see more than one in 1000 square yards of each other, it's mating season!

What the hell would they protest for anyway? the right to look depressed and angry?
Their dress & talk/walk is a silent protest of most if not all their parents believe in. It is a way of breaking away from their parents & becoming their own person.

6f3cc164d4dec5b1.png

Their dress & talk/walk is a silent protest of most if not all their parents believe in. It is a way of breaking away from their parents & becoming their own person.
So? we all did that to one extent or another. But then again, if Dad had caught me wearing foundation and eyeliner, I'd be a bump in the ground up on Brimstone Mountain. I always have wore a lot of black and boots and been kind of "Meh" about life. Maybe I started it all? It wouldn't be the first time something goofy I did caught on. Come to think of it, I wrote a lot of poems about being dead and hating the world back then too. Yeah, I did it.

So? we all did that to one extent or another. But then again, if Dad had caught me wearing foundation and eyeliner, I'd be a bump in the ground up on Brimstone Mountain. I always have wore a lot of black and boots and been kind of "Meh" about life. Maybe I started it all? It wouldn't be the first time something goofy I did caught on. Come to think of it, I wrote a lot of poems about being dead and hating the world back then too. Yeah, I did it.
When I was in the Army I ran across a hippie, whom I immediately identified with. he took one look at my short hair and I could see the disgust on his face. Our generation always complained about being judged by our outward appearance and here I was being judged by what I considered a peer. I learned a life lesson that day.

I had to Google that.

I was away at sea in the Med. back then.

Ben

I always looked at music as being a positive thing after being deployed. A whole 7 months of new music to catch up on. Like most I listened to the radio when commuting state side. I’d get tired of hearing the same songs over and over, even the ones I liked. It takes me a year to catch up when I returned from over seas.

The other odd thing... how abrupt the change seemed. Imagine turning off the radio one day... when you turn it back on, all the music is new! Completely different top 25 on the charts. Of course that was the country charts for me.

Last edited:
Long ago I was driving across wyoming. I see a sign that read ‘High Winds next 5 miles’. 5 miles later another sign.. ‘High Winds next 5 miles’ and so on, for 75 miles, 15 signs. They were on the other side of the road also, for people going the opposite direction.

There was nothing out there, just a couple of ranch exits. The people who lived there knew about the winds… How about a sign that read ‘High Winds next 75 miles’? Only 2 signs needed instead of 30?

The road commissioner probably had a friend in the sign business... 🤬

Latest posts

Back