My "Fetching the Mail" Ultra COVERT (read as hidden) Scabbard.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
I wanted a smallish backpack for walking to the Cluster Box to fetch the mail and packages. I already have dozens of those. But I wanted a hidden Scabbard, that would offer instant & totally open access to a long gun, and I wanted it to "NOT" offer the slightest hint about the existence of the scabbard to any observer.

Available in several Colors and/or Camouflage patterns.

1729396671366.png

The H2 Gunrunner is a minimalist, lightweight rifle pack with patented Backscabbard. It is designed for hands-free hunting and quick access to your rifle, and has just the right amount of stowage for a day’s outing. The top compartment is a good size for range finders, calls, etc., and the main compartment is sized for a day-outings worth of food and clothing.

It has an internal sleeve sized for either Eberlestock WX2L or WXP3L hydration bladders (sold separately). Side webbing is configured to mate with the A3SBSaddle Bag, which allows you to increase the capacity of the pack by adding up to two of these 3-liter pockets.

• Built in hidden rifle scabbard
  • One vertical and one horizontal compression strap
  • Pack Volume: 1,000 c.i.
  • Scabbard Volume: 400 c.i.
  • Total Volume: 1,400 c.i.
  • Weight: 3 lbs 8 oz
  • Dimensions main bag: 18"h x 9.5"w x 7.5"d
  • Scabbard dimensions: 34"L x 7"W x 3"D, with a 20" circumference opening

Last edited:
I bought one about a month ago, I used a lot, I tried several firearms fitting in the hidden "Gun Scabbard". I bought a second one a few weeks after the first.

I'll likely set one up with everything, then super-super-super package it up for adding to a nearby cache.

Interesting pack. How fast can you get a rifle out of it in an emergency? Is there some kind of hidden sleeve built into it? Do you pull the rifle out over the top of your shoulder while it's on your back? I'm wondering how it works.

Yep.

We first got issued Eberlestock scabbard packs about 15 years ago.

I still have a couple of them.

About the only "challenge" with them.....is to make them stable for a long march, you need to pull down the compression straps.....and that increases the resistance to pulling the long gun out of the scabbard.

But for the OP's stated use, that should not be a problem.

Eberlestock and Mystery Ranch make up >90% of my packs.

Last edited:
Back