Nuclear Prepping Series

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Believe it or not " Canadian Prepper and his video / information team scour sites such as this in their quest to provide information for preppers / survivalist . They kindly provided the video fortifying this thread . --- For the sceptics this video was released just a few hours ago , around midnight central standard time .

I think I'm jaded - don't trust anybody putting out content anymore:

Believe it or not " Canadian Prepper and his video / information team scour sites such as this in their quest to provide information for preppers / survivalist . They kindly provided the video fortifying this thread . --- For the sceptics this video was released just a few hours ago , around midnight central standard time .

I think I'm jaded - don't trust anybody putting out content anymore:

You can't use regular headphones because it works on a different voltage level :(.
220px-CivilDefenseVictoreen700.jpg
Oh @jazzy , you can also have fun with your detector. :p
Would you believe that I was actually a 'hot guy' at one time?:oops:
... BTW, never agree to take a 'Nuclear Stress-test' :(

(notice the scale the meter is set on!:oops:) Audio is from the headphone in the background, not the speaker.

I know many don't want to believe the very likely hood that we are " all " likely to be nuked in the very near future . However pretending the situation away just ain't much of a survival strategy . About the only glimmer of hope , that tiny light shinning in the darkness way past the grave yard , is if Donald Trump can gain the presidential chair " before " N.A.T.O and the schemers presently inside the white house walls , succeed in getting World War Three started . -- Anyways no one of this forum can stop it . But we can prepare for it . Time is ticking away and hopefully you guys have been keeping up with the recent developments and are not simply plunking a fat but down in front of a television to get the news . There sure is a he-- of a lot more going on than what the government controlled televisions are allowed to report or choose to not report . I will say we will be very fortunate if World War Three is not raging before November 5th . Election day .

I know many don't want to believe the very likely hood that we are " all " likely to be nuked in the very near future . However pretending the situation away just ain't much of a survival strategy . About the only glimmer of hope , that tiny light shinning in the darkness way past the grave yard , is if Donald Trump can gain the presidential chair " before " N.A.T.O and the schemers presently inside the white house walls , succeed in getting World War Three started . -- Anyways no one of this forum can stop it . But we can prepare for it . Time is ticking away and hopefully you guys have been keeping up with the recent developments and are not simply plunking a fat but down in front of a television to get the news . There sure is a he-- of a lot more going on than what the government controlled televisions are allowed to report or choose to not report . I will say we will be very fortunate if World War Three is not raging before November 5th . Election day .
But do YOU think it has started?? WWIII?? I feel you are very smart, I value your opinion!!

i got kinda of a dumb question---
ive been listening to podcasts about nuke radiation, sun radiation,emf, cme, solar storm radiation and how it can affect the body.

can some one explain to me the difference in potency of a cme-solar storm radiation.
ig fot the UV types, uva, uvb, and now the newer uvc, uvd but the solar storm, cme radiation im unsure od as theres different researches say there is also an effect on human body

anyone know?

But do YOU think it has started?? WWIII?? I feel you are very smart, I value your opinion!!
Likely as you know the date historians peg as the date World War two started , predates into a period residence of the planet didn't consider themselves in World War Two . I only state that as some likely do not know that . -- So if the nukes begin to rain down , yes we are presently in World War Three . I suppose that only leaves the question " will the nukes rain down " ? -- Personally my instincts haven't told me yet one way or another as to the arriving nukes . However looking at the present situation between Russia and N.A.T.O. , I see no other end result but a nuclear conflict as Russia will not likely be humiliated and leave the battle field and neither will N.A.T.O. likely be willing to concede defeat . That only leaves a path to nuclear escalation .

i got kinda of a dumb question---
ive been listening to podcasts about nuke radiation, sun radiation,emf, cme, solar storm radiation and how it can affect the body.

can some one explain to me the difference in potency of a cme-solar storm radiation.
ig fot the UV types, uva, uvb, and now the newer uvc, uvd but the solar storm, cme radiation im unsure od as theres different researches say there is also an effect on human body

anyone know?
That is too deep for me but nearly every morning I check in with a link called " space weather news " . There radiation is often discussed as to the effects on the human body . One thing I do know humans on the planet " or at least a lot " have lost rational thinking . The reason for this mental disfunction , I don't know .

I have a lot of questions about WWIII? Every scenario depicts a nuclear war between the United States and Russia. The 800 pound gorilla in the room: China. China doesn't even seem to enter the equation. Why not?

I seriously doubt that China will be a neutral observer. They could just wait for Russia and the United States to destroy each other and then invade to take over what is left, but IMHO China will take a more active role. Are we prepared to defend ourselves from both East and West?

What about the other bad actors? I would expect that if the U.S. is engaged in a major conflict with Russia there will be major conflicts in the Middle East. Iran will attack Israel. North Korea may attack South Korea or Japan. Pakistan and India already hate each other. If the U.S, is not there as a deterrent how many others will rise up to take advantage?

This link will automatically pi-s some off . Regardless of the pi--ed off folk's excuse as to why it pi--es them off , my personal thought on the matter it pi--es them off because they are simply unprepared and most likely fall into the category discussed in the last 5 minutes of the video . Anyways I personally thought it was a good video . Note the video producer I follow regularly and know , he only made the transition from a prepper sitting on a warehouse full of prepper stuff inside a city to a rural prepper only a few months ago . -- Obviously he realizes now the value of his transition to get out of the city . Perhaps this link will get some's blood pressure pumping a little better today .

That is too deep for me but nearly every morning I check in with a link called " space weather news " . There radiation is often discussed as to the effects on the human body . One thing I do know humans on the planet " or at least a lot " have lost rational thinking . The reason for this mental disfunction , I don't know .

thank you for that link--iv heard of that site before but forgot aobut it. i appreciate it

--- It is obvious to me that some folks are so wimpy these days that they can not bring themselves to face a nuclear conflict taking place in the country of which they reside . For those that can , I post this video and encourage them to watch the last few minutes of the video " especially if they live in the U.K. " .

i got one of those, they are cool. years back when i first got my place someone told me to scan my place several times to get my proper background average i wrote it down somewhere--maybe ill drag out the meter and see if its changed any in the last 15 yrs.
great reminder, thanks!.
Like many things, I had one of the detectors that Eric suggests on Goshen Prepping. I have the tablets. I have the book. But in my ongoing organizing, I created a bin where I have all of the related items. I heard him say that if you are outside, a mask is not necessary, but could be helpful. I'm going to put a few masks in my kit.

Is that enough? Nope. I think that watching Eric's videos, at least for me and my mind, a few times, periodically to remind me what I need to do in case of a nuclear event.

this is sort of an older one but still great info from ki4u.com lots of good and free info

WHAT TO DO IF A NUCLEAR DISASTER IS IMMINENT!

http://www.ki4u.com/guide.htm

Great article, Jazzy. Thanks for sharing. We are fortunate to have a basement. One thing I would do if we had the time is cover the basement windows with dirt. I would dig a trench outside, and pile the dirt in front of the basement windows to provide extra shielding. It would have to be at least 3-6" thick and would eliminate the sunlight the windows would provide (which my wife would hate) but it would provide additional radiation shielding.

I would also stack books in front of the windows on the inside for additional protection.

Great article, Jazzy. Thanks for sharing. We are fortunate to have a basement. One thing I would do if we had the time is cover the basement windows with dirt. I would dig a trench outside, and pile the dirt in front of the basement windows to provide extra shielding. It would have to be at least 3-6" thick and would eliminate the sunlight the windows would provide (which my wife would hate) but it would provide additional radiation shielding.

I would also stack books in front of the windows on the inside for additional protection.
Maybe bags of sand instead of dirt? I figured that I could toss several 50lb bags of play sand atop a small covering board on each basement window. Quick and easy. The bags of sand are stacked not too far away in an out building.

I keep sand bags ready for filling and stacking for barricading as much radiation as I can from reaching our survival space . Water jugs are on the ready and military style m.r.e. are in place and ready . My location should give me maybe half a day before any radiation cloud could cover the distance to my location . Even then there is the question ,will it stay up in the atmosphere and pass over harmlessly or descend back to earth at my location . --- I decided to look it up using the link morgan provided above . It appears a filled sand bag of a thickness of around 3 inches would reduce radiation about 50 % . However a filled standard sandbag is wider than that and is around 10 inches thick .

Last edited:
Maybe bags of sand instead of dirt? I figured that I could toss several 50lb bags of play sand atop a small covering board on each basement window. Quick and easy. The bags of sand are stacked not too far away in an out building.

That would work. Just make sure you nest them so there is no direct line where anything can get through. Use a flashlight on your stack. If you see any light passing through radiation will pass through the same way.

Fun prepper math for the preppers - Going by the 7 10 rule that I posted above . After the nuking is done and the radiation for the most part settled back to the ground then in two months the initial radiation level in your area will have dissipated by 90 % . In three months it will have dissipated 145 % . Thus your chicken eggs are safe to eat and safe to restart the garden . -- I look foward to hearing from the fatalist on this matter as their therory for most of them I know is " we all are going to die " .

Supervisor42 can explain it better than I, but from what I have read and understand the most harmful isotpoe that comes out of a nuclear explosion is Iodine 131. All of the Iodines are attracted to the thyroid. Iodine 131 has a half-life of 8 days ergo after 8 days half of the I-131 will have decayed away. After another 8 days half of what is left will decay away, and that will continue until it is finally all gone.

Think of a half life like evaporation only on a very percise and measurable level. If you left a glass of water standing out after a period of time it would no longer be full. It will evaporate away. Half life works the same way, but it is a specific rate of decay for every isotope.

There are isotopes that come from a nuclear explosion that will last for years, but they are not nearly as high or as dangerous.

Latest posts

Back