Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the open space area the butts up against our back yard. The second picture, with the layer of clouds immediately over the mountains that abruptly ends and then has smaller fluffy clouds above it - that is wild. Never seen that before.

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

Looks like you are having WAY TOO MUCH FUN
Yeah, he needs to be on here wailing about how much life sux. :(gaah
In all seriousness, it is wonderful to see someone finally getting paid back for decades of hard work.:D:thumbs:

Those are gorgeous pics, @havasu . Love the scenery. And the lights are very cool too.
One of these days I need to visit California again. Would have to get Mom to go and have a friend feed the animals though.
I was looking through old pics on my computer. Found this one of when a wild-looking boar (that was someone's pet) paid us a visit
1699247498509.png

This was a random house in Guam. I think it may have belonged to one of my dad's co-workers but am not certain.
1699247746034.png

Outdoor area with an inflatable pool up top (in Guam)
1699247790163.png

1699247820694.png

View of land while we were out deep sea fishing on the Lucky Strike
1699247925109.png

Cotton field?
Yep, about 170 acres in this one field. Funny, it ends at the walmart. I could see the corner from the walley parking lot. I went searching for a way around. Found some gravel roads... Plant hunting Time! Once a few more leaves fall I'll search those roads.

20231031_141807a.jpg

Last edited:
Great lookin stock.
Looks like Charlois's. Where did the Hereford calves come from?

We lost a couple cows during birthing, calves were too big. Switched from Charolais to a Hereford bull. Had smaller calves but they grew out faster.

Both of these were great bulls, gentle as lambs. The big Charolais... I could walk out in the pasture at night and call him... He'd walk up and put his giant head against my chest... he liked having his ears scratched. 🙃

big boy mid (1) (1) sm.jpg
big red (3).jpg

A rare piebald deer traipsing through a yard in the western part Rapid City, SD.

"Animals called “piebald” have a pigmented background of hair, scales, or feathers with a unique pattern of white (unpigmented) spots. This condition is called piebaldism and refers to the absence of melanocytes (mature melanin-forming cells) in specific skin and hair areas."
a rare piebald deer traipsing through a yard in the western part Rapid City.jpg

Both are very nice lookin bulls.
One of my uncles raised Herefords. I always liked them. Never really had any problems with them.

The hereford bull produced great calves and a bunch of twins. I think we had 6/7 sets born in 18 months.

But, even though he was gentle I never trusted him like i did the Charolais bulls we had (several). I always felt he could turn on me in a second even though he never gave a hint that he might. I just never felt relaxed around him.

Last edited:
Back