Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New cheap microwave while we see if we can get the good one fixed. It's half the size of the other one and barely fits anything. But it heats soup. Don't think it will fit the family size dinners though.
1699855966177.png

The hindsgavl Dagger

In the Neolithic period the flintworkers achieved very high technical standards. The magnificent dagger from Hindsgavl with its blade less than 1 cm thick is the finest example of the flintworkers’ outstanding skills at the end of the Stone Age. It was found around 1876 on tihe island Fænø in the Little Belt. The dagger type is called a ‘fishtail dagger’ because of the fishtail-formed hilt. Pressure-flaked daggers mark the beginning of the end of the Stone Age, and are the reason why the period from 2400-1800 BC is called the Dagger Period.

1699907320400.jpeg

[Side View]
1699907392991.png

A U.K. Researcher Has Unearthed the Original 19th-Century Photo Featured on an Iconic Led Zeppelin Album Cover
Stairway to Heaven was on that album. Very popular when I was in high school. I also remember When the Levee Breaks being on there too. I can't remember what else, I'll have to go look it up. Great album though, I do remember listening to it a lot.

Stairway to Heaven was on that album. Very popular when I was in high school. I also remember When the Levee Breaks being on there too. I can't remember what else, I'll have to go look it up. Great album though, I do remember listening to it a lot.
It was Led Zeppelin IV.
Songs on it:

Original release​

All tracks are written by Jimmy Page and Robert Plant, with additional contributors noted
Side one
No.TitleWriter(s)Length
1."Black Dog"John Paul Jones4:55
2."Rock and Roll"3:41
3."The Battle of Evermore" 5:52
4."Stairway to Heaven" 8:03
Side two
No.TitleWriter(s)Length
1."Misty Mountain Hop"Jones4:39
2."Four Sticks" 4:46
3."Going to California" 3:33
4."When the Levee Breaks"

That was their best album IMO
Probably so. I'd have to go review the others. But I remember seeing this IV album cover A LOT sitting there next to my turntable!

But I think their best SONG came off of the second album:

The drums - especially from about 3:40 on in the video - are legendary. John Bonham was the best rock drummer ever. And the drummer is not someone that I normally pay that much attention to. But in the case of Led Zeppelin, Bonham was the glue that held the band together so well.

The hindsgavl Dagger

In the Neolithic period the flintworkers achieved very high technical standards. The magnificent dagger from Hindsgavl with its blade less than 1 cm thick is the finest example of the flintworkers’ outstanding skills at the end of the Stone Age. It was found around 1876 on tihe island Fænø in the Little Belt. The dagger type is called a ‘fishtail dagger’ because of the fishtail-formed hilt. Pressure-flaked daggers mark the beginning of the end of the Stone Age, and are the reason why the period from 2400-1800 BC is called the Dagger Period.

View attachment 119578

[Side View]
View attachment 119579
I sent a copper version of this thing to England a few years back. :D

I'm trying to tell if the test strip was put in upside down (my kind of luck), if something went wrong, or if this is saying I have Covid:
View attachment 119656
I think it says you're pregnant and the baby has covid.
Maybe it says Chinese slave labor was drunk that day.

Ok, so two lines show up even though one is faint. The paperwork with it said even if it is very pale, if there is any line showing at all for the 2nd part then it is positive. I still wonder if something went wrong with it. Brother had the same thing, although the top line was lighter, but still present.

I got to pick on Zannej a tiny bit. everyone on Earth is either been exposed to, gotten over, or currently carrying it. If it had been a good bio-weapon we'd all be dead, thank the gods it was made in China!

Here Zannej, you know we love you!
roses.png

I appreciate the humor. It helps.

If I actually could get pregnant it would be condolences. LOL. But I've expelled all of my eggs already. I've joined the post-menopausal ranks and am very relieved about it.

As an aside, I saw this cat tree in TSC and wanted it but wish it were less expensive.
1700070537520.png

I know just the spot where I would put it. It could replace one that has lost some tiers and is losing all of the sissal rope.

If you lived here, you could just cut off a carpet core and cover it in rug.
That thing looks like a pile of office chairs, they're 5$ apice here, at the
flea market. just get a couple and let kitty know they're theirs!

I appreciate the humor. It helps.

If I actually could get pregnant it would be condolences. LOL. But I've expelled all of my eggs already. I've joined the post-menopausal ranks and am very relieved about it.

As an aside, I saw this cat tree in TSC and wanted it but wish it were less expensive.
View attachment 119671
I know just the spot where I would put it. It could replace one that has lost some tiers and is losing all of the sissal rope.
Our cats destroy those sisal covered cardboard tubes in 3-4 months :(. Our Homemade ones last a lot longer (they never look all the "finished", but the cats don't care.

Latest posts

Back