Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot at 2023-11-20 22-15-06.png

https://www.foxnews.com/us/military-aircraft-overshoots-runway-floats-hawaii-kaneohe-bay-officials
Nice landing. Don't know how one would "miss the runway" and land in the ocean, but it does look pretty foggy. Doesn't the military use "instrument landings" like civilian aircraft? I thought the days of having to see the runway to land were long gone for these larger planes.

The plane involved was a Boeing P8 Poseidon, which is described as a military surveillance and patrol aircraft, according to officials.
An appropriate name, given it's current circumstances.

Don't know if its true, sounds off but she has a face that's oddly familiar. Maybe Mr. Magoo's grandma? 😁 looks a little like Fred Mertz too.

-------------------------------------

This Is Margaret Ann Neve At Age 110 In 1902.⁣ ⁣ She Was Born In 1792 And Died In 1903, Making Her The First Proven Person In Recorded History To Have Lived In 3 Different Centuries

Margaret.jpg

Fred Mertz.jpgMr Magoo.jpeg

I got a cat tree on sale from TSC. Aminatu decided to "help" by guarding some of the parts in the box.
1700972043589.png

She decided to sit on some of the parts outside of the box while Senator Snugglebum tested out one of the cushioned seats
1700972285628.png
1700972525747.png

During assembly I had the cat tree upsidedown. Itsy (on the potato bin) and Mewlatto (on the floor next to the box) were trying to figure out what the hell this thing was.
1700972405445.png

View attachment 120261When Snuggy moved, Aminatu decided to test out the seat and she wouldn't move even when I had to put it on. So I lifted it with her and put it on the bolt and spun it around. Eventually she hopped off but climbed on to another cushion.
1700972759259.png
1700972802342.png
1700972953315.png

Bethesda decided to check out the rectangular "cave". She swatted at cats that walked by while she was inside.
1700972894629.png

Once the cat tree was completed, Aminatu sat on one of the cushioned seats and attacked the tier above. She's not the smartest cat.
1700973047540.png

Completed cat tree. Aminatu found the dangly mouse. The old shredded cat tree is visible behind to the right.
1700973231850.png

Nice cat tree @zannej ! yep, the old one needs to go.

Today I started sorting this years photo’s. Usually take about 10K a year, only 995 as of today. I found a few I’d forgotten, and a few that defy explanation.

Like half-lens readers, I have no idea why I took it. Best guess, a discussion here about ‘readers’, heck, I may have posted it.

Then below, I haven’t forgotten this bridge. I think of it every time I pass that cutoff road. Two miles in the sign says ‘I’d turn back if I were you’. I go in rough terrain often but I wasn’t about to drive over this bridge. Down each side are railroad rails. The planking is attached to the rails… because the under pinning of the bridge is toast. Won’t support the platform!

Who thought ‘I have an idea! Let’s turn it into a suspension bridge!’? Maybe a good idea but they failed miserably with execution… 🤣

And then what idiot said “I’ll drive across it! Hold my beer!” Because someone had been driving across it!!! That creek isn’t wide but was about 8ft deep. And this was February, that water was cold. If this bridge doesn't say 'Natural Selection' nothing does!!! 🤣🤣

20230127_halflens.jpg
Binion crk 07a.JPG

I got a cat tree on sale from TSC. Aminatu decided to "help" by guarding some of the parts in the box.
View attachment 120257
She decided to sit on some of the parts outside of the box while Senator Snugglebum tested out one of the cushioned seats
View attachment 120258View attachment 120260
During assembly I had the cat tree upsidedown. Itsy (on the potato bin) and Mewlatto (on the floor next to the box) were trying to figure out what the hell this thing was. View attachment 120259
View attachment 120261When Snuggy moved, Aminatu decided to test out the seat and she wouldn't move even when I had to put it on. So I lifted it with her and put it on the bolt and spun it around. Eventually she hopped off but climbed on to another cushion.View attachment 120263View attachment 120264View attachment 120266
Bethesda decided to check out the rectangular "cave". She swatted at cats that walked by while she was inside.
View attachment 120265
Once the cat tree was completed, Aminatu sat on one of the cushioned seats and attacked the tier above. She's not the smartest cat.
View attachment 120267
Completed cat tree. Aminatu found the dangly mouse. The old shredded cat tree is visible behind to the right.
View attachment 120268
Animals know when you are making/doing something for them! My two housecats love helping assemble new cat trees. The other day Hubby was building another elevated/insulated outdoor cat house, Sam and Annie were in the shop helping ! The donkey is always helpful if you are doing anything in his pasture!!😺

Nice cat tree @zannej ! yep, the old one needs to go.

Today I started sorting this years photo’s. Usually take about 10K a year, only 995 as of today. I found a few I’d forgotten, and a few that defy explanation.

Like half-lens readers, I have no idea why I took it. Best guess, a discussion here about ‘readers’, heck, I may have posted it.

Then below, I haven’t forgotten this bridge. I think of it every time I pass that cutoff road. Two miles in the sign says ‘I’d turn back if I were you’. I go in rough terrain often but I wasn’t about to drive over this bridge. Down each side are railroad rails. The planking is attached to the rails… because the under pinning of the bridge is toast. Won’t support the platform!

Who thought ‘I have an idea! Let’s turn it into a suspension bridge!’? Maybe a good idea but they failed miserably with execution… 🤣

And then what idiot said “I’ll drive across it! Hold my beer!” Because someone had been driving across it!!! That creek isn’t wide but was about 8ft deep. And this was February, that water was cold. If this bridge doesn't say 'Natural Selection' nothing does!!! 🤣🤣

View attachment 120269View attachment 120270
Eventually someone GPS will direct them over this bridge and they will just drive over it. That will be the end of them and the bridge.

Animals know when you are making/doing something for them! My two housecats love helping assemble new cat trees. The other day Hubby was building another elevated/insulated outdoor cat house, Sam and Annie were in the shop helping ! The donkey is always helpful if you are doing anything in his pasture!!😺
I can just think of "cheese" and all four tomcats come running.

View attachment 120257
View attachment 120258View attachment 120260
During assembly I had the cat tree upsidedown. Itsy (on the potato bin) and Mewlatto (on the floor next to the box) were trying to figure out what the hell this thing was. View attachment 120259
View attachment 120261When Snuggy moved, Aminatu decided to test out the seat and she wouldn't move even when I had to put it on. So I lifted it with her and put it on the bolt and spun it around. Eventually she hopped off but climbed on to another cushion.View attachment 120263View attachment 120264View attachment 120266
View attachment 120265
View attachment 120267
View attachment 120268
Will you do a post of photos of all of your pets individually if you can, along with their names, and maybe a little about each of them, please?

Will you do a post of photos of all of your pets individually if you can, along with their names, and maybe a little about each of them, please?
I think I had a post somewhere about that but haven't updated it. I've lost quite a few pets since then. :-( I'll see if I can find it and see if I can find pics of all of them. But on the names, from oldest to youngest: Boo, Itsy, Ginger, Rupert, Mewlatto, Yasuke, Biscuits, Gravy Jones, Senator Snugglebum, Lady Sylvanas, Aminatu, & Bethesda.

I think I had a post somewhere about that but haven't updated it. I've lost quite a few pets since then. :-( I'll see if I can find it and see if I can find pics of all of them. But on the names, from oldest to youngest: Boo, Itsy, Ginger, Rupert, Mewlatto, Yasuke, Biscuits, Gravy Jones, Senator Snugglebum, Lady Sylvanas, Aminatu, & Bethesda.
Don't forget the cows!!

Ok, this is a short video and not a photo :(.
DW gave me a small LED thingy to rehab.
The batteries had horribly corroded the contacts:mad:.
I worked on it for over a half hour to get it working.
The 4 LEDs are down in a hole where you can't see them and won't reach the ceiling.
I could not fathom what it could be useful for.
The lights gradually dim one at a time and come back on.
I thought it was malfunctioning. :dunno:
Here it is with the Other Part on it:

The video doesn't do justice to the fine detail of the angel in the middle:(.
It's better full-screen.

Back