Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cats and Dogs, Living together, Mass Hysteria:
IMG_1240.jpeg

Big Horn sheep we saw

TrxJ27H.jpg

while on our way to look at this place in Yaak, MT we were considering buying.

hmL4MaS.jpg

My wife had wanted to move there after watching the show, "Mountain Men" where one of the stars was in Yaak. Yaak consists of 2 bars, a Forest Service Helipad and a skeet range. Everything else is 50 miles away in Troy.

Last edited:
Week long trip to Baja with John "JR" Reynolds and our wives.

He was the winner of the first ever "King of the Hammers" event in Johnson Valley, CA.

UAlXoK6.jpg

Unfortunately I got stuck and couldn't get out so my wife and I died.

9mLmsVu.jpg

Just kidding....I lowered the tire pressure, removed sand from in front of tires and drove 12K+ pounds of rig right out.

"It was at this moment that Bob realized he should have bought a real truck"
That pic illustrates what is so typical of idiot drivers. Many people don't seem to have any idea what load a vehicle can carry. "If it fits, my truck can haul it!" Loading what appears to be a "1/2 ton truck" (1000 lb capacity) with closer to a ton of water is not a good idea. 4 x 55 gallons = 220 gallons. 220 gallons x 8 lbs/gallon (for water) = 1760 lbs. There is other stuff in the bed too - it looks to possibly be even more water, except in individual bottles. As Bugsy would say, "What a maroon!"

That pic illustrates what is so typical of idiot drivers. Many people don't seem to have any idea what load a vehicle can carry. "If it fits, my truck can haul it!" Loading what appears to be a "1/2 ton truck" (1000 lb capacity) with closer to a ton of water is not a good idea. 4 x 55 gallons = 220 gallons. 220 gallons x 8 lbs/gallon (for water) = 1760 lbs. There is other stuff in the bed too - it looks to possibly be even more water, except in individual bottles. As Bugsy would say, "What a maroon!"
And then he has to drive it down dirt roads to his property. Great way to bust an axle. Then complain about how it couldn't even carry some water.

When I was active on RV.net the load capacity (or lack there of) for 1/2ton trucks was a perennial discussion.

After some whined about being unable to afford a 3/4 ton, I proved over there (twice) that a person could get a 3/4ton truck for less than a 1/2 ton.

Last edited:
Following the theme... When i was a kid, boys at age 9/10 where expected to plow all day. This pic brings back memories, countless days spent pulling a gang disc. 2nd pic, by age 12 or 13 we were expected to be able plant and plow perfectly parallel rows around curves and on hillsides, gets tricky on steep ground.

b plow.jpeg
Highfield Peas (2)a.jpg

Big Horn sheep we saw

TrxJ27H.jpg

while on our way to look at this place in Yaak, MT we were considering buying.

hmL4MaS.jpg

My wife had wanted to move there after watching the show, "Mountain Men" where one of the stars was in Yaak. Yaak consists of 2 bars, a Forest Service Helipad and a skeet range. Everything else is 50 miles away in Troy.
We were just there last weekend 😍 I've never seen the show, but it was a beautiful drive.

We were just there last weekend 😍 I've never seen the show, but it was a beautiful drive.
What brought you to YAAK?

It's not like it's on the way to anything.

Latest posts

Back