• Two New features staring today. - The first will security lock account if user didn't login for two years - The second will warn and security lock account if password found in data breach ( even if user is recently active) .. it will also warn users about weak passwords during registration. The compromised is from a data base list, and not from anything on this forum. If you are logged in all the time, this will not effect you. It only works when logging in.

Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just placed orders for garlic to replace what was wiped out. If I ordered as much seed stock as was lost it would have run me about $300!

So I have start over from scratch.

Bummer

Ben
That truly sucks. Odd, I can't remember my meaningless rant.

Todays RANT:

ALWAYS SHOP AROUND!!!

Direct email from Auguson Farms:
One Of Our Biggest Sales of the Year!

Their PRICE:
Black Bean Burger Mix Can​

$29.99

AMAZON PRICE: 20.92​

Augason Farms Gluten-Free Black Bean Burger 2 lbs 14 oz No. 10 Can 1 Pack
$20.92 with 30 percent savings-30% $20.92 $1.49 per Ounce

I misjudged what size bin I would need to empty a cardboard box. It wouldn't fit all the stuff so I'm tring where to find stuff that wouldn't fit.
#hoarderproblems

My plumbing problems continue. The guys that worked on the pump said they were going to solvent weld the pipes together but I didn't realize that they attempted to solvent weld a compression fitting on and they only applied blue pvc cement to the female side and not to the regular pipe. So yesterday the fitting blew apart and the pump lost its prime. It was extremely hot-- as were the metal pipes on the inlet side. I found this out the hard way after shutting the power off and trying to force the pipes back together. Ouch. I did manage to get them together, filled the cistern back up (it had stopped filling) and turned the pump on again after a few hours. Fitting blew apart again, water sprayed everywhere all over me-- soaked my shirt, pants, shoes, and socks-- and then I managed to get fitting to stay but turned the power off to the pump again. Before it blew apart it had pumped some water into the house at least. So, I'm going to patch it with slip unions and make a piece about the same size as the compression fitting. Honestly, I thought they had removed it instead of trying to solvent weld it.

So then Mom wouldn't let me change her infusion set when it was time and it fell off. I put a new canula on last night but apparently it didn't go in right and she woke me up just before 4am screaming at me about it. I thought about it and decided to just take that canula off and put a new one on. She argued with me about it but I said safest bet was to take it off and do a new one. Insulin was under the patch and not going into her and you could see the canula didn't go in straight. Not sure what went wrong. I was afraid I'd left the blue sleeve on the plastic canula but I didn't see any signs of it. I wiped off the wasted insulin, picked a new spot, and very carefully put a new canula on. I want to switch to the kind that is easier to detach from the tubing for the fill cycle because I have a very hard time with this style. She said she felt the insulin going in when the canula filled this time so hopefully it will work. Now I get to take some Pepto and attempt to get back to sleep before I go for my curbside orders at HD and samsclub. I'll need to take some stuff out of the truck and get the wheelchair back to the porch (its been in the back with a tarp on it). I will probably by some chinese takeout.

Meanwhile, I think the leak coming from the attic is likely some kind of condensation from the hvac system but I still haven't managed to get up there to look. Not sure what to do if its leaking from the ductwork or dripping off of the ductwork. I'll have to take a trash bag up and load up the soaked insulation up there though.

I just got my electric bill. $394 this month. My neighbor, who hosted yesterday's pool party, has solar panels everywhere on his roof. He just received his annual solar surcharge bill for $3000 this year. My son's solar surcharge for the year is $6000. Thanks to our next president, Governor Newscum, his appointed cronies at the Public Utilities Commission decided your energy at your solar panels can be sold to our power companies for $.11 per KW, but you MUST buy this electricity back from the power companies for $.41 per KW. I'm glad I decided not to get solar panels!

My plumbing problems continue. The guys that worked on the pump said they were going to solvent weld the pipes together but I didn't realize that they attempted to solvent weld a compression fitting on and they only applied blue pvc cement to the female side and not to the regular pipe. So yesterday the fitting blew apart and the pump lost its prime. It was extremely hot-- as were the metal pipes on the inlet side. I found this out the hard way after shutting the power off and trying to force the pipes back together. Ouch. I did manage to get them together, filled the cistern back up (it had stopped filling) and turned the pump on again after a few hours. Fitting blew apart again, water sprayed everywhere all over me-- soaked my shirt, pants, shoes, and socks-- and then I managed to get fitting to stay but turned the power off to the pump again. Before it blew apart it had pumped some water into the house at least. So, I'm going to patch it with slip unions and make a piece about the same size as the compression fitting. Honestly, I thought they had removed it instead of trying to solvent weld it.

So then Mom wouldn't let me change her infusion set when it was time and it fell off. I put a new canula on last night but apparently it didn't go in right and she woke me up just before 4am screaming at me about it. I thought about it and decided to just take that canula off and put a new one on. She argued with me about it but I said safest bet was to take it off and do a new one. Insulin was under the patch and not going into her and you could see the canula didn't go in straight. Not sure what went wrong. I was afraid I'd left the blue sleeve on the plastic canula but I didn't see any signs of it. I wiped off the wasted insulin, picked a new spot, and very carefully put a new canula on. I want to switch to the kind that is easier to detach from the tubing for the fill cycle because I have a very hard time with this style. She said she felt the insulin going in when the canula filled this time so hopefully it will work. Now I get to take some Pepto and attempt to get back to sleep before I go for my curbside orders at HD and samsclub. I'll need to take some stuff out of the truck and get the wheelchair back to the porch (its been in the back with a tarp on it). I will probably by some chinese takeout.

Meanwhile, I think the leak coming from the attic is likely some kind of condensation from the hvac system but I still haven't managed to get up there to look. Not sure what to do if its leaking from the ductwork or dripping off of the ductwork. I'll have to take a trash bag up and load up the soaked insulation up there though.
Is there a Drain on that Unit...?!?

My cousin is dying of cancer.

We are close. I call them from time to time and we went on vacations together as children.

He was an engineer for formula one racing, or something.

I'm going to mail him something. Maybe I'll print out all my unfinished manuscripts so he has something to read in the hospital.

I missed what happened to your garlic, but that is a huge loss.
7 lbs 10 oz of cloves had developed well over winter. A month after this picture it was all wiped out. Best guess is something called white rot.

20240406_135326_HDR.jpg

Ben

My cousin is dying of cancer.

We are close. I call them from time to time and we went on vacations together as children.

He was an engineer for formula one racing, or something.

I'm going to mail him something. Maybe I'll print out all my unfinished manuscripts so he has something to read in the hospital.
I bet he would like to read your manuscripts, great idea! I'm sorry he is so ill!!

Is there a Drain on that Unit...?!?
I'm not sure. I know there is a condensate line that goes under the house. But it seems the ducting is getting water on it somehow. It's possible there's a roof leak, but when I looked at the ceiling of the roof I didn't see any signs of water. So I'm not sure what is going on. I need to get more plywood up there to crawl on and get closer and then get a bag and pull out all the wet insulation.

Also, I forgot to mention that I drove through the town where I got pulled over for allegedly speeding. I paid very close attention to every single speed limit sign and discovered that the cop lied to me. There is only one single 50mph sign going through that way. So, when he said I was going 64 in a 50 he was lying to me. I was going 64 in a 65 area. I was going with the flow of traffic as well and I was going 50 in the 50 when he pulled me over. My brother said he suspected the cop was lying about the speeding which is why he wrote the ticket for no seatbelt. Because the speeding/lack thereof could be verified with dashcam and location/etc. But the cop was not wearing a bodycam so the seatbelt thing was his word against mine. Not that I could contest anyway. there is no court there-- as I mentioned before. The ticket is also illegible. The writing on it is so faded I can't read anything except the stuff that was machine printed. Going to have to pay a BS ticket for something I didn't do bc the system here is so corrupt. I said it before, but I wish the cops here were like Havasu instead of the lying corrupt jerks.

the ducting appears to be insulated but I'm wondering if there is a hole in it.
Meanwhile, I went to fix the pipes and discovered whoever pulled the stuff for me at HD screwed up and got me the wrong thing. I needed slip fittings and they gave me fip. I checked my order and saw that I did order slip but they must have read it wrong. Just finished chat with HD rep to put it in the system that I got the wrong thing and want to swap it for the right thing. So, I will have to make a 2nd trip to a store an hour away. Chat person said only in-store can offer me any discount/compensation for that-- which means I likely won't get anything bc this store doesn't do that. ugh. I want to take a shower.

Also, Mom's insulin does not seem to be working for some reason. Her cartridge will need to be changed soon too. Just changed the tubing again to make sure that wasn't the problem.

Latest posts

Back