The great Condiment poll of 2019

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your preferred condiment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sentry18

Thrivalist
Neighbor
@phideaux was correct, this must become a poll. How else can we settle this debate? So what say you good people of the forum, what is your preferred condiment? You have 4 choices and can vote for up to 2 condiments. The poll will be open for 10 days. If you select other please let us know what it is. If you despise one of the choice, be sure to let us know that too.

By the way, I would rather be forced to drink Crab juice than consume the sugary nastiness that is Miracle Whip. A product I am sure was invented by terrorists to destroy America. :D

I selected "other" as I am fond of avocado spread and avocado mayo as well as regular mayo. My wife will make up a batch of avocado spread or avocado mayo to put on peppered turkey, bacon, tomato, lettuce, and red onion low carb wraps. They are fantastic.

I believe that salsa has risen way up in the condiment selection of choice. It may not be number one in America, yet, but it has gained in use. I use it on eggs and other things. I use way more salsa as a condiment, than any other condiment.

I used to use Ranch dressing more, and I always have some, but it is just not something I use as much any more. I believe I read something about it that took it off the top of my list. It may have been the msg or soy in it.

I use mustard of all varieties, but more so when I make salad dressings. I use it on lettuce wraps with ham in particular.

I have never been big on ketchup. A bottle will expire before it is gone in my house. I used it more in a recipe that we made for years: chicken, ketchup and honey, cooked in the oven or in a crock pot, which we served with rice. Daughter would eat the rice now, but I avoid it due to its almost immediate conversion to sugar after being consumed.

What about hot sauce? Is it considered a condiment? It has a growing popularity as well.

We don't use a ton of salsa, but we make a lot of pico de gallo. We also use quite a bit of Chalula hot sauce & Sriracha.

I am just glad no one has brought up Ketchup yet. Way over used IMO.

I like a good salsa also.

As long as it don't have mayo in it. ;)

Jim

I feel obligated to tell you that Miracle Whip is really just 'artificial mayo' made with mustard flour, soybean oil, and corn syrup.

I like a good salsa also.

As long as it don't have mayo in it. ;)

Jim
When I taught in the inner city, we had many Hispanic women who worked in our program. When we had our weekly Friday breakfasts, cream cheese with salsa poured over the top was very commonly served. I sometimes use a spoonful of sour cream in mine.

When I taught in the inner city, we had many Hispanic women who worked in our program. When we had our weekly Friday breakfasts, cream cheese with salsa poured over the top was very commonly served. I sometimes use a spoonful of sour cream in mine.

I grew up eating hot pepper jelly on top of cream cheese. Delicious!

I've already chosen my christmas present to me... A stick blender so I can finally start making "real mayo". The hand whisk just didn't work for me.

I've had homemade mayo a few times... It's puts all the stuff at the store to shame... even my go to hellmans.

Sort of like the difference between gravy in a can/carton and real homemade gravy...

I've already chosen my christmas present to me... A stick blender so I can finally start making "real mayo". The hand whisk just didn't work for me.

I've had homemade mayo a few times... It's puts all the stuff at the store to shame... even my go to hellmans.

Sort of like the difference between gravy in a can/carton and real homemade gravy...

Agreed. Homemade mayo does not have the shelf life, but it tastes SOOO much better it's not even funny. My wife makes it in her blender.

Looks like mayo wins hands down in America.
https://www.foodbeast.com/news/best-selling-condiments-in-the-u-s/
Hellman's Mayonnaise, called Best Foods in the west, is the No. 1 best-selling condiment in America. Most people use this stuff on a daily basis so it's no surprise. What is surprising is how many times mayonnaise comes up on this list! Who knew eggs and oil would do this well, huh? Hellman's mayo racks in $401,204,800 for total sales.
Salsa is number 2.

I like Mayo on most and wiches and use to only use Miracle Whip in my slaw and potato salad. Now we only use Mayo because we end up throwing away Miracle Whip after just one use.
I use dill pickles in my cole slaw and sometimes in my cole slaw tn always put vinegar in my slaw,always have so did grandmother and mother.

Back