The Ladies

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think she's looking to get married again right now! But y'all are young and she may want to someday. My point was to make sure she knows someday isn't in your plans!
and IF She still gets Hurt...?!? Which She will...!!

"Oh, where oh where can my baby be? The Lord took her away from me
She's gone to heaven, so I got to be good, So I can see my baby when I leave this world" ...!!! 1721932493196.jpeg

Last edited:
Now you gotta remember details like what color are her eyes,

Now that I think about it, she did have eyes.

So Saturday is up next! You definitely did a great date planning job, wonder what she has planned?? I just hope she's not looking too long term as in relationship long term, I think you are going to have to bring this up at some point (after the "third" date)! But let's get to Saturday first!

Yep, Saturday. In a suit. She has already expressed no interest in ever getting remarried. One and done is how she put it.

Sounded like a great time!

I agree with Pearl, probably outta check in about the whole not wanting anything serious thing at some point...
She sounds like a quality woman and possibly good friend and I'd bet... if you keep it cool ...and give her the reins on  When ( as in no timing expectations, after the 3rd date .. ) when she is totally ready to unchain her lioness..
Homeboy is going to need physical therapy and maybe a chiropractor to recover...

I am playing cool as human nature allows while also not allowing myself to end up in the friend zone. I have never been there, but it sounds ******* horrible.

I work out, stretch a lot and have ample ibuprofen. I am up for the challenge.

I’m thinking this is not a sham, bam, thank you ma’am kind of thing. Marsh, I’m thinking you are getting yourself into another relationship. Ya know, the kind you don’t like. She is going to want something more than you can offer.

I agree, if it was just a one-nighter I would have already moved on. Technically we were in a relationship the second she sat down at the supper club table. How long the relationship lasts and how deep it goes depends on factors that are not all under my control. She seems to be looking for a fun 'partner' but clearly does not want another husband. We are already on the same page with that.

Have been texting on and off with her today. She really enjoyed the date and is looking forward to Saturday. She warned me that it will be "stuffy". She also told me if at any point I felt like it was not an environment for me, just to let her know and we would leave. Have to decide which gun to wear with my suit. So many options.

BTW when we were talking yesterday I did find out that she had a dog for 13 years named "Puff". It was a little white fluffy dog and it passed away about a year ago. She told me it hurt so much when she died that she would never get another pet, she compared it to losing a child. She does however volunteer at a shelter from time to time.

This Lady is definitely not your run of the mill woman. No social media sans an old Pinterest account she hasn't seen in years. She works, goes to yoga, runs, paints, reads, volunteers, does charity events, etc. She seems too busy for the internet. She pays attention to the world around her but does not seem to let her get emotionally charged one way or another. I think the term is even keeled. She makes me curious about her.

And how does she feel about you posting a blow-by-blow of the events to strangers on the internet?

The same way I feel about her giving her perspective play by play to her daughter, friends, co-workers, etc. The difference is we all live in the same area, she tells them my name, shows them my picture and we could actually run into each other. You people don't even know her name. You don't even know my name.

This Lady is definitely not your run of the mill woman. No social media sans an old Pinterest account she hasn't seen in years. She works, goes to yoga, runs, paints, reads, volunteers, does charity events, etc. She seems too busy for the internet. She pays attention to the world around her but does not seem to let her get emotionally charged one way or another. I think the term is even keeled. She makes me curious about her.
So what will happen if you and her go on a date and run into the ex? Will there be a ugly scene?

It sounds like you are halfway into a relationship again already. Wow, I thought you wanted to avoid that at all cost? What will you do if this one wants to move it also, or you to move in with her?
I am somewhat surprised you are already dating someone new. Not even a week has gone by.

Do we get to see a photo soon?

So what will happen if you and her go on a date and run into the ex? Will there be a ugly scene?

It sounds like you are halfway into a relationship again already. Wow, I thought you wanted to avoid that at all cost? What will you do if this one wants to move it also, or you to move in with her?
I am somewhat surprised you are already dating someone new. Not even a week has gone by.

Do we get to see a photo soon?

I fear no man. If we run into each other he will make his choices and I will respond accordingly. Or stand by as she responds accordingly with me at the ready. Ugly situations are where I shine. Ugly situations are what I do.

Every partner I have ever had has been a relationship, some are short and some are long and some can lead to regular sexual activity and lots of social fun without marriage. That is what I am shooting for here. And I kind of think that's what she's shooting for too. I just run down the hill like a mad bull and she is gently and casually strolling down the hill like a... I was never gonna call her a cow.

She has no social media and has only sent me one picture which she did not want me to share. When we are face to face again I will ask for one she is okay with me sharing or if I can blur part of her face or something.

Don't let the negative Nellies ruin this thread!! You have us all dangling by "the thread"!!

Some people are like birds, they just fly around and **** on everything.

It does look like we can have a private group chat in messages, adding anyone we want and not adding anyone we don't. Not there yet, but could end up there.

Some people are like birds, they just fly around and **** on everything.

It does look like we can have a private group chat in messages, adding anyone we want and not adding anyone we don't. Not there yet, but could end up there.
hey I LIKE birds.....but yeah, they do crap a lot, especially the barn pigeons

I don't think you need to make this private, just ignore the posts you don't like , problem solved!

The same way I feel about her giving her perspective play by play to her daughter, friends, co-workers, etc. The difference is we all live in the same area, she tells them my name, shows them my picture and we could actually run into each other. You people don't even know her name. You don't even know my name.
Most women wouldn't see it like that.

Most women wouldn't see it like that.
I like a good fiction story, though I do prefer Sci-fi over romance.

Star Date 41153.7

I gave her a call and let her know that all of the women of the world have elected a representative and fortune had it that he happened to be on the very forum I frequent. She wanted me to thank you for your service and for making sure your feelings about how woman think and feel was duly represented. She was curious however when you would be using your vast expertise to explain to liberals what a woman is? I also want to thank you for your keen feminine insights and representing a gender you do not share. Nothing says women's empowerment like repeatedly declaring a woman you don't know is fictional. Then suddenly, without warning, she dematerialized and disappeared from the video phone! "Klingon ship decloaking off the port bow!" "Shields up! Evasive maneuvers!". "The bastards got her!"

Fade out.

I hope you enjoyed this actually fictional post as well as the rest of this thread too.

Captain Marsh: One to beam up. Energize. <energizer sounds>

Decided I should start a thread about this instead of polluting other threads. Especially since this is apparently going to be an ongoing issue and the only person I talk to about her just laughs and makes whipping sounds. So good news, you are now all my unpaid relationship counselors. Congrats.

If you already know the story, feel free to skip this paragraph:

Long story short, I met this woman at a party and things progressed very quickly. Next thing you know we end up back at my place, which to be honest is not my usual thing as I prefer going back to their place or a hotel. Hell I usually avoid giving out my last name. Yes I am that guy, feel free to judge, never claimed to be a saint. Anyway I wasn't complaining as most of my prior catch and release dates were basic white girls and this one was a bit more exotic. Regardless she just up and refused to be released. Days turned to weeks, weeks to months and she never left. At the same time we were having a lot of fun, if you get my drift, and the place had never been cleaner. But in hindsight this may have all been an invasion concealed as a sexcapade. I made it ridiculously clear that marriage and kids were NOT in my future. I drove that point home like a Chinese immigrant pounding spikes into railroad ties. Yet she stuck around and along the way got rid of her place, moved her stuff in including dogs, made herself a gate key, learned the electronic key code to my door, had her mama come visit, became passionate about guns, demonstrated her ability to cook, found a way to meet my pops, started saying I love you even though I don't say it back, started referring to me in the presence of others as "her man", bought a car not so dissimilar to mine, started doing all my laundry, bought me a dresser and "us" a bed, bought a sofa and a recliner... and the story continues. I am sure I am missing dozens of WTH moments too. Like @Pearl trying to make me think she is waiting to express her political opinions until she is fully versed in mine and the fact that I live in a common law state so I am pretty sure she has marital rights even though we aren't married.

Anyway today she suddenly says "Are you okay if I make you my in-case-of-emergency contact and my beneficiary?". I was like Biden giving a speech, I just stood there confused unable to utter actual words. How does one answer that question!? Beneficiary? Does this mean 401K, life insurance, what? Either way it sounds like a commitment. Like for life. It also made me wonder if she is going to take out life insurance on me. Can she do that? Just take out a policy? Eventually I just muttered "I guess so" and she got all bubbly and excited, like I did something tangible there. Then she asked if I would send part of it to her sister if something ever happened to her, as her mama lives with her sister. Like we're all family now. I need to be more alert to these out of the blue questions of hers. I wonder what's coming next.
For Gods sake man IT"S A TRAP RUN

I 'd say what I usually say at a point like this , but I got in trouble last time I said it.

Last edited:
Have been texting on and off with her today. She really enjoyed the date and is looking forward to Saturday. She warned me that it will be "stuffy". She also told me if at any point I felt like it was not an environment for me, just to let her know and we would leave. Have to decide which gun to wear with my suit. So many options.

BTW when we were talking yesterday I did find out that she had a dog for 13 years named "Puff". It was a little white fluffy dog and it passed away about a year ago. She told me it hurt so much when she died that she would never get another pet, she compared it to losing a child. She does however volunteer at a shelter from time to time.

I like her too..

She sounds very zen...

Like a woman who has learned to invite happiness and the rewards of living a fulfilling life journey by engaging in positive activities that give her health and joy. In return that positive mojo radiates outward to life around her. She realizes she is responsible for her happiness and thus embodies a lifestyle that supports one.

She appears ..in that zen way..a striking contrast to what you have described, what you generally have relations with...drama, high maintenance , not emotionally grounded..

And I think many of us are curious about her too.

I can empathize with her on the loss of her pup.
It is heartbreaking.. but if she volunteers occasionally..the Universe has a way of opening those doors again..

Latest posts

Back