The Ladies

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe she told him she is not looking for anything serious the night they met over the dinner...non date dinner.
Unless I read that wrong.
Nothing wrong with making sure that is still the case ..but it sounds like they both touched on where they stand ..
But the problem is, many women start to develop feelings and eventually may want more than something casual.

That date event: I know a few people that attend those types of events upon invitation because of business connections not necessarily personal wealth. She may have felt it was something she had to attend and brought you along as her sidekick/safe place.
That was my thought as well. Business gathering. Looking for others she could network with.

Glad you had a good time, sure sounds like it. Even if a little uncomfortable.

That date event: I know a few people that attend those types of events upon invitation because of business connections not necessarily personal wealth. She may have felt it was something she had to attend and brought you along as her sidekick/safe place.

That was my thought as well. Business gathering. Looking for others she could network with.

Glad you had a good time, sure sounds like it. Even if a little uncomfortable.

I agree and that explains the charity event, but not the "Tasting Menu" meal thing. However she did make it sound like that was a special occasion and perhaps intended to show her daughter the finer side of life. She just ended up taking me.

How about this one? It's called Radiant Sunshine and it's $49.99 plus tax/delivery.

Also how about this for the card: "On my mind" and "xoxo" but no name or anything else?

Sunshine.png

Last edited:
IMO, things are moving along rapidly. I'm going to bet the flowers are already ordered. Does she have a cat? Some cats don't do well with lilies and other flowers, so be careful of that.
In the store yesterday I saw some beautiful bouquets, one was white, pink and blue. LOL I almost bought it for myself.
Maybe, just maybe, you have never met the right person. Stranger things have happened.

IMO, things are moving along rapidly. I'm going to bet the flowers are already ordered. Does she have a cat? Some cats don't do well with lilies and other flowers, so be careful of that.
In the store yesterday I saw some beautiful bouquets, one was white, pink and blue. LOL I almost bought it for myself.
Maybe, just maybe, you have never met the right person. Stranger things have happened.

I haven't order yet, but I am probably going to even with @Peepaw from Tex warning. I picked out the yellow because it's not supposed to be a love thing. Pushing the friends with benefits lifestyle.

No cats, no pets at all anymore.

This lady is definitely different than every other female human I have personally encountered. At this point I sort of feel like I am going for the ride just to see where it takes me. I don't have much else going on in my life other than job opportunities.

How about this one? It's called Radiant Sunshine and it's $49.99 plus tax/delivery.

Also how about this for the card: "On my mind" and "xoxo" but no name or anything else?

View attachment 158487
It is a lovely bouquet. I would lean towards multi color. Lots of variety.

Monotone bouquets remind me of first communions, weddings and other religious events. But I’m not receiving them so it’s not for me to have an opinion. Even though I’m sharing one now.

It was a chance to see if he could dress up properly and do the do!! Plus, her ex or someone who knows him was probably there! Smart move on her part!!😉

I haven't order yet, but I am probably going to even with @Peepaw from Tex warning. I picked out the yellow because it's not supposed to be a love thing. Pushing the friends with benefits lifestyle.

No cats, no pets at all anymore.

This lady is definitely different than every other female human I have personally encountered. At this point I sort of feel like I am going for the ride just to see where it takes me. I don't have much else going on in my life other than job opportunities.
Red, pink or yellow. Flowers be Flower's. More so when given by a single man to a single lady. It’s generally seen a sign of commitment and love with single ladies. But wiser ladies be more astute to the wiles of the devil even when it comes to flowers. The yellow rose of Texas does look down upon you now. It is to be honoured and not dishonoured. Choose wisely your colour. Perhaps scarlet for you would be a better colour choice : )

I sent the same bouquet of flowers as pictured above in the blue mason jar, only I asked them to mix up the colors but avoided red and dark colors. Which made the cost go up but the message less confusing. I skipped the xoxo on the card and just went with 'Always on my mind'. I am sure I will hear the minute she gets them. I am now getting good morning texts, good night texts, and several other texts in between. No one will ever accuse her of being a lackluster communicator. I am glad I have unlimited texting through my phone plan.

Forgot to mention I called pops last night. It had been a couple weeks. Got the old "What happened to the brown girl?" and "Maybe I will give her a call." I thought I had told him that she was gone but either I didn't or he forgot. More likely he was distracted or didn't care. Has happened before. Before I got to the new Lady he had to tell me all of his thoughts on Kamala Harris. Hint, they were not positive. When I told him about the new lady I just got "Well don't ******* tell her where you live" then eventually "Sounds like she's got money, maybe it's time to buy a ring." He has a new lady friend too, someone from the social space at his condo complex. "If I play my cards right, I might need another hip replacement." I would invite him to join the forum and start a thread but I am 100% certain he would be banned within a few days.

The flowers have arrived. Text "Wow! They are beautiful! Thank you so much! You are always on my mind too." and three kissing emojis. Then like 15 seconds later, "First time someone has sent me flowers in years" and a tear dropping from an eye face emoji. I sent back a standard "you're welcome" response and included "anything I can do to bring a little more joy into your day." She replied "This 2 day a week thing isn't enough time together." Next thing you know we're meeting for lunch tomorrow at a place near her business. Lunch only though, she is working.

The flowers have arrived. Text "Wow! They are beautiful! Thank you so much! You are always on my mind too." and three kissing emojis. Then like 15 seconds later, "First time someone has sent me flowers in years" and a tear dropping from an eye face emoji. I sent back a standard "you're welcome" response and included "anything I can do to bring a little more joy into your day." She replied "This 2 day a week thing isn't enough time together." Next thing you know we're meeting for lunch tomorrow at a place near her business. Lunch only though, she is working.
I don’t text, which is good because I’d have sent a text “flowers?"

Latest posts

Back