The Ladies

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That could cut into your tips!!šŸ˜® So put the bigger jar on the nightstand!šŸ˜‰ Changing your username to d_spoiled!!

Hmmm, I wonder if I do the cleaning and the shopping if she will just give me a debit card with a stipend on it? šŸ¤” Either that I might start working out shirtless in front of the 30-somethings...

Hmmm, I wonder if I do the cleaning and the shopping if she will just give me a debit card with a stipend on it? šŸ¤” Either that I might start working out shirtless in front of the 30-somethings...
Now you are on to something! Although the "TAKEN" tattoos across your chest and back could get old after a while!šŸ¤£

And the nightstand. :cool:

So I menu planned, cleaned out the fridge and freezer then went grocery shopping. Lady sent me a text asking what I was up to, then responded with "We have a grocery service". I didn't even know what that was. Apparently all I have to do is make a list and a personal shopper buys it, loads it up and delivers it the apartment. Then I find out the cleaning people remove the outdated or spoiled food from the fridge on Thursdays. Trying to decide if I want to live this pampered of a life or if I am just going to take over these duties. I have never even heard of a grocery service.

The lady is home but declined my invitation to follow her into the bedroom to ensure she doesn't fall asleep. She was however very appreciative of my shopping adventures and the menu I sent out. I was going to hang it on the fridge but apparently she does not own any magnets or ever hang anything from the refrigerator. Much like a serial killer. She also commented that all menu plans were subject to change based on uncontrollable female cravings which completely trump preplanned meals. I was then reminded that I was a female craving but I was NOT subject to change. Finally she presented me with flowers, apologized for yesterday, welcomed me "home", slapped my backside and said she had to go get ready for date night. I am just sitting here eating a flower, then I have to go get ready too.

flowers.png

So I menu planned, cleaned out the fridge and freezer then went grocery shopping. Lady sent me a text asking what I was up to, then responded with "We have a grocery service". I didn't even know what that was. Apparently all I have to do is make a list and a personal shopper buys it, loads it up and delivers it the apartment. Then I find out the cleaning people remove the outdated or spoiled food from the fridge on Thursdays. Trying to decide if I want to live this pampered of a life or if I am just going to take over these duties. I have never even heard of a grocery service.

Living the life of Riley. I wouldn't want strange people in my home but Marsh is a lot more sophisticated than me. Living the dream. I am really happy for him but I also like my privacy.

yall going to have to help me out here...whats edible in that cup...i am clueless....shame of it all such a sheltered life i live.

1727319602666.png

Beef Jerky Flower Bouquet​

This was really popular during 2020. I know people who still get their groceries delivered. They have never gone back to a grocery store since. And these are not people who live a luxurious life like the lady. They are retired people who are willing to pay to have their food delivered to their front door.

I have a couple of kids (employees) that that's all they do...shop for people and deliver. It's "a thing" for sure!
I probably should know what percentage of my business is second-hand shopped, but it is as high as 20% just by my employees. I know there's Uber Eats and other companies that do the same and we may or may not recognize that it's occurring. During pandemic times it was 80% plus. There certainly aren't fewer people in the store.

With a personal shopper, you miss out on all the things you just "run across" in the grocery aisles, but maybe it saves money in the long run.
True! A friend comes to Colorado every summer and has been staying with friends. She goes to the grocery store and buys food, then goes to their house. They have been having groceries delivered since 2020. Husband often questions what she bought, and had no idea they have that in stores. He's a strange guy, so he might no see it if he went into the stores anyway.

yall going to have to help me out here...whats edible in that cup...i am clueless....shame of it all such a sheltered life i live.

It's beef jerky flowers with beef stick bases. It was actually really fresh and tasty. I liked it more than I would have liked actual flowers. Of course now it's in a zip lock bag since I don't want stale or dusty jerky, but I still have the cup!

With a personal shopper, you miss out on all the things you just "run across" in the grocery aisles, but maybe it saves money in the long run.

The lady has a set food budget and both her and her daughter can add things to the list al week then boom it shows up. This keeps them from going over that firm budget and according to her, spend less money.

Living the life of Riley. I wouldn't want strange people in my home but Marsh is a lot more sophisticated than me. Living the dream. I am really happy for him but I also like my privacy.

The grocery people deliver the food in cloth bags to the door, she has to bring it in and put it away. The cleaning people on the other hand are in every nook and cranny. Weirds me out too. I am either going to start cleaning the place myself or I am going to mandate I be here when they come to clean. Already have two cameras up, adding three more. Already got one in the hallway without anyone noticing.

Chapter 926:

I was surprised and not surprised to find out we were going out to karaoke again, not that the place we were going to for the second time was just karaoke. In reality it was a very nice bar and restaurant as well, karaoke was just a side activity on most Wednesday and Saturday nights. Plus going there worked out fantastically the last time, so much so that the karaoke part of the date came to a noticeably rapid close in a very excellent way. I told her I wasnā€™t really prepared to sing but I could probably get through something familiar, presuming she wasnā€™t looking for a repeat performance of Elton. She said she just wanted to watch the show and spend time together and while I was free to sing at my discretion, she had no expectations that I would do so. She also tossed out a ā€œWho knows, maybe I will sing this time.ā€ Which, I actually laughed off because I did not believe her. We ordered some drinks and settled in for the part of the night where people actual try to perform well, versus a few hours from then when drunken crooners would slur their way through songs wrongly confident that they didnā€™t sound like angry feral cats. The first several singers did a good job and I even recognized a couple of the songs. When the 20-something crowd gets up to sing I rarely have any clue what song they are trying to cover. I was never current with pop culture even when I was that age.

Imagine my surprise when they called her name. Actually I am not sure if surprised is a strong enough word. She was pretty adamant that she would never sing in public the last time we were here and while she listens to music all the time in its ā€œpure vinyl formā€ I donā€™t think I have ever heard her actually add her voice a tune other than a mostly quiet version of the birthday song at the supper club. After walking up that familiar flight of stairs onto the stage she positioned herself at the microphone. Tonight there was no band, just a talented disk jockey with full set of mixers, speakers and other gadgets. Either he was also running a cool light show or he had someone else doing it. I suddenly found myself watching things unfold from a very different perspective sitting alone at the table. The music started and I thought I knew the tune but I could not immediately place it.

I'm not in love. So don't forget it. It's just a silly phase I'm going through. And just because; I call you up. Don't get me wrong; don't think you've got it made. I'm not in love, no no, it's becauseā€¦

I like to see you, but then again. That doesnā€™t mean you mean that much to me. So if I call you, donā€™t make a fuss. Donā€™t tell your friends about the two of us. Iā€™m not in love, no no! Itā€™s because... Ooh, youā€™ll wait a long time for meā€¦ Ooh, youā€™ll wait a long time.

I was fixated on her. I couldnā€™t look away. She looked so beautiful up there. Her voice was amazing. She sang through the verses and her digital backup singers and virtual musicians did her performance justice. I felt a weird sense of pride. I felt like people in the room should be jealous that she was with me, and then I felt like the only person in the room not on stage. I felt somethingā€¦ I felt lots of things. And I will admit the words and tone of the song did not seem to match my exuberance.

Before I knew it, the song was over. I understood why she got up and marched right to me last time, but I was still in my seat clapping louder than anyone. I couldnā€™t get up. I was still taking it all in. I was going to wait for her to come to the table, but she was not walking off the stage. She did not leave the microphone. The applause went from loud and rousing to nothing. It seemed everyone started to notice that she remained in her place. For a second I thought she might sing another song, and then I realized maybe something was wrong. Now I was out of my seat.

I felt like every eye in the room went from her to me. I moved quickly to the stairs switching from adoring fan and boyfriend to concerned protector. She managed to slowly walk the 7 steps from the microphone to the top of the stairs and down a couple. We met face to face with my feet on the floor and hers a couple steps up. She had tears in her eyes and wet trails where more had run down her face. She had put herself out there and did something outside of her nature. And I knew she did it for me. I gave her a hug and lifted her off the staircase placing her feet firmly on the floor. I leaned in gave her a kiss and held her close as I tried to physically demonstrate appreciation and protect her from whatever she was feeling.

The room grew loud from a second round of applause as we kissed one another. My mind wondered if some of these same people were here not all that long ago when she drug me out the door following my mediocre but highly beneficial performance. I donā€™t even recall going back to the table but suddenly there we were sitting down as the next singer was covering a song by Jon Bon Jovi. She acted embarrassed as I gushed over her performance and bravery. The waitress stopped by with a basket of salty & sweet kettle corn and agreed that she did a great job. She couldnā€™t hide her smile and said ā€œI wonā€™t be doing that again anytime soonā€ confessing that she practiced the song in the mirror a hundred times before that night. I admitted to doing the same on my night. We continued talking, sipping our drinks and snacking on the unusual but fantastic appetizers this place had to offer. When his break arrived the DJ stopped over too thanking her for not singing the same old ā€œTaylor Swift or Shawn Mendezā€ songs. He gave her a fist bump and went over to the bar for a drink of his own.

It got late faster than we wanted it to and the time arrived for us to set off for her apartment. As we made our way through town we talked more about the night and her performance. She asked me if I liked the song she sang. Slightly puzzled as I had done nothing but praise her performance I said ā€œYes, of course, I have been telling you that for hours.ā€ She said I misunderstood and asked if I liked the original song, the actual song by the band 10cc. I told her I had heard it before and it was a really good song. She began to tell me all about the band and how they made music using styles and instruments no one else was using at the time. Then she told me how the idea for the song came into the bandā€™s lead singers mind. The song was apparently written in response to his wifeā€™s comment that he didnā€™t express his love to her often enough. The band member, feeling guilty, countered that if he said ā€œI love youā€ all the time, the phrase would lose its meaning and its intensity. And thus ā€œIā€™m not in loveā€ was his way of telling her that when he did say it, he really meant it. The lady then, with less enthusiasm, mentioned that for a large part of her life she would say it because it was ā€œjust what you sayā€ even if you donā€™t really feel it. But the next time she says it, she will say it with purpose and she will truly mean it. After a short period of silence I responded by saying ā€œI donā€™t think people should ever say something that powerful unless they are being completely honest with the wordsā€. I also confessed that those words have never really been in my vocabulary before, but one never knew what the future held.

The conversation lingered in my mind as we made our way to her home and as we shed our date night clothing. No such words were spoken that night, but we found another way to express how we felt about one another.

Wa
It's beef jerky flowers with beef stick bases. It was actually really fresh and tasty. I liked it more than I would have liked actual flowers. Of course now it's in a zip lock bag since I don't want stale or dusty jerky, but I still have the cup!

The lady has a set food budget and both her and her daughter can add things to the list al week then boom it shows up. This keeps them from going over that firm budget and according to her, spend less money.

The grocery people deliver the food in cloth bags to the door, she has to bring it in and put it away. The cleaning people on the other hand are in every nook and cranny. Weirds me out too. I am either going to start cleaning the place myself or I am going to mandate I be here when they come to clean. Already have two cameras up, adding three more. Already got one in the hallway without anyone noticing.
Gotta watch those cleaning people šŸ˜‰! Just FYI, in Texas if there are cameras in the work place, employees must be made aware, it's the law! That also includes your home if you have people working there! Even if you bust them doing something wrong, they can go after you!

Wa

Gotta watch those cleaning people šŸ˜‰! Just FYI, in Texas if there are cameras in the work place, employees must be made aware, it's the law! That also includes your home if you have people working there! Even if you bust them doing something wrong, they can go after you!

That's dumb. We have single party consent laws, but even then they are flexible. There are also signs on every entrance to the complex that announce you are being surveilled.

Apartment life-lesson #3: If she gets up at 3am to pee, I am waking up too.

The lady has yet to adjust to sleeping in bed with another person every night. When she rapidly takes off her 325 blankets they are going on top of me, no matter what. And I may take smacking in the process. If I move the blankets she can't just fold herself right back into her bedtime burrito in which case the blankets all have to be reestablished in proper order. We will definitely be upgrading to a king size bed when we move into a house.

Also apparently flirting is a real thing in the fitness center. This morning an older woman squeezed my arm and commented on my "firmness", only there was no lady to intervene as she was swimming laps. I just thanked the woman and continued my workout as she watched. I was a little disappointed that she didn't stuff a $5 bill in my shorts but she did say goodbye when I left the area. The lady has said she also gets hit on there from time to time, sometimes by guys.

Sweets for the Sweet...!!! šŸ¤£

Chapter 926:

I was surprised and not surprised to find out we were going out to karaoke again, not that the place we were going to for the second time was just karaoke. In reality it was a very nice bar and restaurant as well, karaoke was just a side activity on most Wednesday and Saturday nights. Plus going there worked out fantastically the last time, so much so that the karaoke part of the date came to a noticeably rapid close in a very excellent way. I told her I wasnā€™t really prepared to sing but I could probably get through something familiar, presuming she wasnā€™t looking for a repeat performance of Elton. She said she just wanted to watch the show and spend time together and while I was free to sing at my discretion, she had no expectations that I would do so. She also tossed out a ā€œWho knows, maybe I will sing this time.ā€ Which, I actually laughed off because I did not believe her. We ordered some drinks and settled in for the part of the night where people actual try to perform well, versus a few hours from then when drunken crooners would slur their way through songs wrongly confident that they didnā€™t sound like angry feral cats. The first several singers did a good job and I even recognized a couple of the songs. When the 20-something crowd gets up to sing I rarely have any clue what song they are trying to cover. I was never current with pop culture even when I was that age.

Imagine my surprise when they called her name. Actually I am not sure if surprised is a strong enough word. She was pretty adamant that she would never sing in public the last time we were here and while she listens to music all the time in its ā€œpure vinyl formā€ I donā€™t think I have ever heard her actually add her voice a tune other than a mostly quiet version of the birthday song at the supper club. After walking up that familiar flight of stairs onto the stage she positioned herself at the microphone. Tonight there was no band, just a talented disk jockey with full set of mixers, speakers and other gadgets. Either he was also running a cool light show or he had someone else doing it. I suddenly found myself watching things unfold from a very different perspective sitting alone at the table. The music started and I thought I knew the tune but I could not immediately place it.

I'm not in love. So don't forget it. It's just a silly phase I'm going through. And just because; I call you up. Don't get me wrong; don't think you've got it made. I'm not in love, no no, it's becauseā€¦

I like to see you, but then again. That doesnā€™t mean you mean that much to me. So if I call you, donā€™t make a fuss. Donā€™t tell your friends about the two of us. Iā€™m not in love, no no! Itā€™s because... Ooh, youā€™ll wait a long time for meā€¦ Ooh, youā€™ll wait a long time.

I was fixated on her. I couldnā€™t look away. She looked so beautiful up there. Her voice was amazing. She sang through the verses and her digital backup singers and virtual musicians did her performance justice. I felt a weird sense of pride. I felt like people in the room should be jealous that she was with me, and then I felt like the only person in the room not on stage. I felt somethingā€¦ I felt lots of things. And I will admit the words and tone of the song did not seem to match my exuberance.

Before I knew it, the song was over. I understood why she got up and marched right to me last time, but I was still in my seat clapping louder than anyone. I couldnā€™t get up. I was still taking it all in. I was going to wait for her to come to the table, but she was not walking off the stage. She did not leave the microphone. The applause went from loud and rousing to nothing. It seemed everyone started to notice that she remained in her place. For a second I thought she might sing another song, and then I realized maybe something was wrong. Now I was out of my seat.

I felt like every eye in the room went from her to me. I moved quickly to the stairs switching from adoring fan and boyfriend to concerned protector. She managed to slowly walk the 7 steps from the microphone to the top of the stairs and down a couple. We met face to face with my feet on the floor and hers a couple steps up. She had tears in her eyes and wet trails where more had run down her face. She had put herself out there and did something outside of her nature. And I knew she did it for me. I gave her a hug and lifted her off the staircase placing her feet firmly on the floor. I leaned in gave her a kiss and held her close as I tried to physically demonstrate appreciation and protect her from whatever she was feeling.

The room grew loud from a second round of applause as we kissed one another. My mind wondered if some of these same people were here not all that long ago when she drug me out the door following my mediocre but highly beneficial performance. I donā€™t even recall going back to the table but suddenly there we were sitting down as the next singer was covering a song by Jon Bon Jovi. She acted embarrassed as I gushed over her performance and bravery. The waitress stopped by with a basket of salty & sweet kettle corn and agreed that she did a great job. She couldnā€™t hide her smile and said ā€œI wonā€™t be doing that again anytime soonā€ confessing that she practiced the song in the mirror a hundred times before that night. I admitted to doing the same on my night. We continued talking, sipping our drinks and snacking on the unusual but fantastic appetizers this place had to offer. When his break arrived the DJ stopped over too thanking her for not singing the same old ā€œTaylor Swift or Shawn Mendezā€ songs. He gave her a fist bump and went over to the bar for a drink of his own.

It got late faster than we wanted it to and the time arrived for us to set off for her apartment. As we made our way through town we talked more about the night and her performance. She asked me if I liked the song she sang. Slightly puzzled as I had done nothing but praise her performance I said ā€œYes, of course, I have been telling you that for hours.ā€ She said I misunderstood and asked if I liked the original song, the actual song by the band 10cc. I told her I had heard it before and it was a really good song. She began to tell me all about the band and how they made music using styles and instruments no one else was using at the time. Then she told me how the idea for the song came into the bandā€™s lead singers mind. The song was apparently written in response to his wifeā€™s comment that he didnā€™t express his love to her often enough. The band member, feeling guilty, countered that if he said ā€œI love youā€ all the time, the phrase would lose its meaning and its intensity. And thus ā€œIā€™m not in loveā€ was his way of telling her that when he did say it, he really meant it. The lady then, with less enthusiasm, mentioned that for a large part of her life she would say it because it was ā€œjust what you sayā€ even if you donā€™t really feel it. But the next time she says it, she will say it with purpose and she will truly mean it. After a short period of silence I responded by saying ā€œI donā€™t think people should ever say something that powerful unless they are being completely honest with the wordsā€. I also confessed that those words have never really been in my vocabulary before, but one never knew what the future held.

The conversation lingered in my mind as we made our way to her home and as we shed our date night clothing. No such words were spoken that night, but we found another way to express how we felt about one another.
She loves you...like i said before...from the very start.....!!

This is your next song to sing for her.

Latest posts

Back