• Two New features staring today. - The first will security lock account if user didn't login for two years - The second will warn and security lock account if password found in data breach ( even if user is recently active) .. it will also warn users about weak passwords during registration. The compromised is from a data base list, and not from anything on this forum. If you are logged in all the time, this will not effect you. It only works when logging in.

The site locked my account!!!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am REQUESTING clarification when this happens.
Does the forum member need to choose a NEW password, or simply reconfirm their existing password, to gain reentry...??

Does the forum member need to choose a NEW password, or simply reconfirm their existing password, to gain reentry...??
I'm not sure, I didn't try confirming my old one, I just changed it. Maybe someone in charge of the site will answer it.

A password security feature was added a couple of days ago.
If your password was on a compromised database this s/w will know it and ask you to change your password. It is not compromised on the forum. It is to keep the forum and your account safe.
Also, if you have not logged in for 2 years, you will need to update your password.
And if you are registering and you have a weak password, it will ask for a stronger password.

This was the notice that was up for several days as a notice.

Two New features staring today.
- The first will security lock account if user didn't login for two years
- The second will warn and security lock account if password found in data breach ( even if user is recently active) .. it will also warn users about weak passwords during registration.
The compromised is from a data base list, and not from anything on this forum.
If you are logged in all the time, this will not effect you. It only works when logging in.

it happened to me the other day..it sent an email i had to click on it in my email and make a new password..i put it in my password book(paper) and then clicked the save thingy in my browser tab to save it so i dont have to type it each time when i sign in...basically all you are doing is making a NEW password from your old one.

Thanks.........Forums will lose members because of this. This happened to me a month ago on a different forum. I figured screw-it. Old people "HATE" change, they "HATE" any change.

@Sourdough This happened to all the forums I'm on, and some have old people. Or our aged people. And I work with them to get it worked out IF they use the Contact Us.
Now this is a bother, it is less of a bother than a hacker getting your account and then logging in here pretending to be you, or just not giving two hoots and being a big horses rear. Then we delete those posts and ban that account, and you'd have to use the contact us to get back in by working with me.

And, if your password was not one on a compromised password list, this would not have happened to you. Anyone that logs in regularly and has this happen has the usual password on a compromised password list that hackers can get hold of and get into your accounts with that password. So it is a warning you may want to change passwords anywhere that is the password.

So while it's a bother, it's to keep you and everyone else safe and let you know to think about changing that password. Imagine if that's the password on your bank account, amazon account, or any other similar account.

Latest posts

Back