This or That - A forum game

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No top sheet..I like my 100% silk fitted sheet on bottom with a nice soft blankey on top..

I have a confession...
This is my first year I haven't used a sleeping bag since I was 24.
It usually went fitted sheet, sleeping bag and a blankie (s) on top.
All the time camping n working..a good quality sleeping bag became the norm. Zip er up n it's cozy n secure. Unzip n sleep on top.

So, last year I splurged and bought a silk fitted sheet n pillowcases. I got the satinne kind too..the fake silk ...it's more durable.

I felt I had to break the sleeping bag habit..but I got used to the slick kinda fabric it has..

I love the silk..but they are expensive and not as durable. I love the satinne kind too .
So the sleeping bag is only for extra cold nights now ..

Snickers but I'd rather have three musketeers.
Prefer top sheet but haven't put it on in a few weeks.
The cat gets on my bed, the dog sheds way too much to be on the bed. She is fine on the floor, not allowed on any furniture, she has never tried but once or twice when she was freaking out about fireworks and I tried to get her on the bed. She said no.
I can't remember what else there was.
Cotton or silk sheets? I can't afford silk but I think I'd prefer cotton. However I've heard that silk pillowcases help prevent facial wrinkles.
Blues.
Chevy.
Rich and unknown.
Phone to wake up. I looked for a clock radio a few months ago, couldn't find one! I'll check the big river, Amazon.
Choose one form of transportation: bicycle or kayak to get to the same place.
Bicycle.

Dog and cats in the bed is a thing at our house in the cooler weather. In the summer, they go elsewhere.

No top sheet, usually. Duvet with cover works fine.

Bike

No top sheet..I like my 100% silk fitted sheet on bottom with a nice soft blankey on top..

I have a confession...
This is my first year I haven't used a sleeping bag since I was 24.
It usually went fitted sheet, sleeping bag and a blankie (s) on top.
All the time camping n working..a good quality sleeping bag became the norm. Zip er up n it's cozy n secure. Unzip n sleep on top.

So, last year I splurged and bought a silk fitted sheet n pillowcases. I got the satinne kind too..the fake silk ...it's more durable.

I felt I had to break the sleeping bag habit..but I got used to the slick kinda fabric it has..

I love the silk..but they are expensive and not as durable. I love the satinne kind too .
So the sleeping bag is only for extra cold nights now ..
For durability I bought some moving blankets from Home Depot. The 72"x84" size is for essentially a couch cover. I mean I started allowing my dog on the couch and she loves it. So, you know.... and I bought 72"x40" for a 'top sheet' for me when chilling or sleeping on the couch.

Six of each size for ~ $100. Cotton/polyester blend and machine washable. Enough to swap-out clean for dirty while washing and drying, and some to carry in a vehicle during winter months for the 'what if's'....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back